Hi-Metal R

joppewo

9 minutes ago, amptor said:

My VF-1A Hikaru shipped.  Going to transform it to fighter mode.  I really like how the boosters look :)  I should be getting it in 2 weeks SAL

You can get the same look with the VF-1S Strike valkyries, since they include both Super and Strike parts.

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You can get the same look with the VF-1S Strike valkyries, since they include both Super and Strike parts.

That's cool except that I don't own a VF-1S strike.  I would have opted for the Roy Fokker one but I got into this too late I think.

As far as macross plus goes, it’s a matter of time. They did the vf 2 from macross 2 and the old hm series had a couple of vf 19 variants and plus had a prototype for a yf21 that looked cool for being incomplete.

hopefully by the time all the destroids and maybe an enemy or 2 they will move on to adding another non original macross release. I would eventually love a vf11 release knowing bandais love for mold reuse.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Whether or not Bandai gets to Macross Plus with the HMR line will pretty much depend entirely on sales.

So if you want an HMR YF-19 someday, keep buying more from the line! 

Remember this one? I have a feeling this one too will get resurrected thru their famous 'Respect' treatment in one form or another. ;)

So you guys keep on buying that HM-R line. I'm looking at you @sh9000:good:^_^ 

SPdMSA0.jpg 

It would be interesting if after Bandai releases the DX YF-19 that they release a HMR YF-21.  Then later on release a DX YF-21 and then a HMR YF-19.  That would at least cover both lines with Macross Plus.

Buy more HMR so that Bandai can make more HMR.  :good:

Hmm.. Looking at @no3Ljm's post, isn't that Yamato's GN-U Dou's version of the YF-21 (as it looks like it to my eyes)? Missed the chance to get the GN-U version with Fast Pack sold as a set on Manda awhille back. 

I wonder what molding differences will be made if the YF-19/YF-21 gets made into the HMR format.

@sh9000 I gotta admit you really do have some choice HMR displays. :good: I've grown to become quite envious of your ability to put together your dioramas that mimick scenes from the anime. I wish I had the same passion/motivation. It's really fantastic stuff. Would love to see what you'd put together given a complete line of Macross Plus HMR Valkyries. 

Anyway, just wanted to thank you. :hi:

9 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

If it was then it wouldn't say Hi Metal and it wouldn't transform.

If so, then the metal joints would be well hidden and not be easily seen. As per my interpretation of the pic above, the dark shading in between the joints looks like where the two parts attach with out any metal attachments (or am I seeing things).. :huh:

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

If so, then the metal joints would be well hidden and not be easily seen. As per my interpretation of the pic above, the dark shading in between the joints looks like where the two parts attach with out any metal attachments (or am I seeing things).. :huh:

I don't understand your question. It can't be a Yamato GN-U because those didn't transform. So it's either a custom or a very early Hi-Metal Prototype.

29 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I don't understand your question. It can't be a Yamato GN-U because those didn't transform. So it's either a custom or a very early Hi-Metal Prototype.

I'll try to de-clutter my convoluted thoughts here.. Based on @no3Ljm's post, it looks like the GN-U mold of the YF-21 is used to me (didn't see the valk mode on the side). If this was a proto type/custom of a future release of YF-21 in either HM (or HMR format), I am thinking that there should be a slight hint of a metal joint hinge shown in between the connecting joints (as per the HM and the HMR releases).

Like you mentioned, this is most likely a custom/very early prototype sample (and thanks to Noel's post as well)..

Looks like that the possibly of a HMR YF-19/YF-21 in a few years might be a reasonable wait?? :mellow:   

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I think it's reasonable to think Bandai will find any and all ways to rape our wallets with new Macross figures. I welcome and thank them for it. :D

And we all know that @Shizuka the Cat will be also looking forward in getting new releases to build her collection up. ;)

Ok. Just to end the 'controversy' created by that old pic. Here's the picture once again and @jenius photo from his GN-u Duo review of the YF-21 to compare. ;)

SPdMSA0.jpg

GnU-Dou-Mac+-14.jpg

Though I want to know which 'connecting joints' you're referring to that it should be metal, @borgified?

The only thing that's good here somehow is that Bandai has a working prototype back then. Meaning they already studied the YF-21 frame and I'm sure it will look great whether in HM-R or DX form. I don't collect most of the HMR but I will surely get HMR's of VF-4, YF-19, and YF-21. But I'm definitely going to get a DX YF-21. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

Thanks for the clearer pics Noel..

I'm looking at the shoulder, arm, hips, and the knees (as per all the HM and HMR releases) for the metal joints. Wishful thinking here: Maybe the ankle/foot pivot as well? :rolleyes: 

If you're looking for metal in the prototype, well, it's a prototype. It probably doesn't even have functional joints at that stage and even if they did it is more likely that they wouldn't be using metal at that point in development. Also, it's a completely different mold from the VF-1, so it probably isn't going to use metal in the same places that the VF-1 does.

32 minutes ago, borgified said:

Thanks for the clearer pics Noel..

I'm looking at the shoulder, arm, hips, and the knees (as per all the HM and HMR releases) for the metal joints. Wishful thinking here: Maybe the ankle/foot pivot as well? :rolleyes: 

11 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

If you're looking for metal in the prototype, well, it's a prototype. It probably doesn't even have functional joints at that stage and even if they did it is more likely that they wouldn't be using metal at that point in development. Also, it's a completely different mold from the VF-1, so it probably isn't going to use metal in the same places that the VF-1 does.

You're welcome @borgified. Like @Zx31 said, it's just a prototype. So there wasn't any metal featured on it yet. If ever there was, we don't know which part is metal. Besides, you don't expect there's going to be lots of metal in a 'Hi-Metal' toy, right? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

@sh9000 I gotta admit you really do have some choice HMR displays. :good: I've grown to become quite envious of your ability to put together your dioramas that mimick scenes from the anime. I wish I had the same passion/motivation. It's really fantastic stuff. Would love to see what you'd put together given a complete line of Macross Plus HMR Valkyries. 

Anyway, just wanted to thank you. :hi:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome @borgified. Like @Zx31 said, it's just a prototype. So there wasn't any metal featured on it yet. If ever there was, we don't know which part is metal. Besides, you don't expect there's going to be lots of metal in a 'Hi-Metal' toy, right? :rolleyes:

I don't expect Hi-Metal stuff to be loaded with metallic joints anyways unlike the huge large scale DX Chogokins [EG: Manzinger, Hulkbuster MK. 44 (is the new one the MK. 47/48?), Go Lion, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, and the upcoming Dragon Caesar, etc..]. 

* Just a thought: If the YF-19/21 does get the full blown DX Chogokin treatment, then I can guess the price will be in the range of Arcadia's PE SDF-1 I take it? Ouch! :blink: 

That's almost 2 brand new 1/6 figures paid for..       

25 minutes ago, borgified said:

I don't expect Hi-Metal stuff to be loaded with metallic joints anyways unlike the huge large scale DX Chogokins [EG: Manzinger, Hulkbuster MK. 44 (is the new one the MK. 47/48?), Go Lion, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, and the upcoming Dragon Caesar, etc..]. 

* Just a thought: If the YF-19/21 does get the full blown DX Chogokin treatment, then I can guess the price will be in the range of Arcadia's PE SDF-1 I take it? Ouch! :blink: 

That's almost 2 brand new 1/6 figures paid for..       

You meant the DX Chogokin YF-19 and YF-21 'together' for the price of one Arcadia PF SDF-1, right? Just checking if I understand correctly. ^_^ 

The YF-19 already got the DX chogokin treatment. I assume you weren’t involved in the preorder madness yesterday? And the price for the it was only about half of the PE SDF-1. It included basically all the accessories you could ask for in a YF-19 (fast pack, fold booster, no helmet/helmet Isamu and Yang, ton of missiles, arm weapon, pinpoint barrier effect) for 27k yen MSRP.

Edited by ArchieNov

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

You meant the DX Chogokin YF-19 and YF-21 'together' for the price of one Arcadia PF SDF-1, right? Just checking if I understand correctly. ^_^ 

You guessed right.. :D

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

The YF-19 already got the DX chogokin treatment. I assume you weren’t involved in the preorder madness yesterday? And the price for the it was only about half of the PE SDF-1. It included basically all the accessories you could ask for in a YF-19 (fast pack, fold booster, no helmet/helmet Isamu and Yang, ton of missiles, arm weapon, pinpoint barrier effect) for 27k yen MSRP.

I wasn't in the YF-19 madness as I have acquired Mirage's 31c from Amiami (pre-owned) and another Macross related item somewhere else, so the wallet needs a breather. I'm in for the YF-21 though. ;)

On 22/04/2018 at 1:05 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just got in my first set of HMR VF-1S Strike valkyries (both Hikaru and Roy).

I did not realize that, while the packaging calls them Strike Valkyries,  they are actually Super + Strike. They include 2 Super thingymajiggers, with a Strike cannon component that can replace the front half of the Super thingymajiggers, much like the Yamato v2 / Arcadia Super + Strike parts.

That is awesome!

I had assumed that one of the thingymajiggers was a dedicated Strike, and the other a Super.

Hi where did you get the HMR Vf 1S Roy and Hikaru ??

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Just to end the 'controversy' created by that old pic. Here's the picture once again and @jenius photo from his GN-u Duo review of the YF-21 to compare. ;)

SPdMSA0.jpg

GnU-Dou-Mac+-14.jpg

Though I want to know which 'connecting joints' you're referring to that it should be metal, @borgified?

The only thing that's good here somehow is that Bandai has a working prototype back then. Meaning they already studied the YF-21 frame and I'm sure it will look great whether in HM-R or DX form. I don't collect most of the HMR but I will surely get HMR's of VF-4, YF-19, and YF-21. But I'm definitely going to get a DX YF-21. ;) 

Its Japanese torture looking at that thing, its like a Queadluun but not.

Due to my excitement over watching Infinity War, I completely forgot it's golden week for Japan. I ordered the Hikky VF1A shipment (together with the NT-1 Gundam) and I only realized my boo-boo after. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer for my shiny new HMR ^_^;

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I think it's reasonable to think Bandai will find any and all ways to rape our wallets with new Macross figures. I welcome and thank them for it. :D

Until they start realeasing more Zentraedi stuff my wallet will be wearing a Kursk Salient chastity belt.:lol:

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So will we see an Arcadia YF-21 or a Bandai version first? (I'll buy either one.) Arcadia taking an eternity on that SV-51 though... 

Since Bandai has just released a DX Mac Plus YF-19, is it possible for Arcadia to produce a new 1/60 YF-21?

Not sure if Arcadia still has the Mac Plus license. Would like to see a YF-21 from both companies.