Hi-Metal R

joppewo

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

What shade are they?

The HM’s are more green and the HMR’s are more blue.

I wonder why Bandai didn’t paint the top of the VF-1A Hikaru head dark grey.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The HM’s are more green and the HMR’s are more blue.

I wonder why Bandai didn’t paint the top of the VF-1A Hikaru head dark grey.

I'm in for one of the HMR strike cannons, if you've still got a spare you're willing to part with.

2 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

can someone pls confirm the depth of valks in batroid mode, with fp, with GBP, and the elint with saucer on back? 

I'll chime this in since this is the only configurations I have.

Fast Pack - 2.5 inches

Strike Pack - 2.6 inches

Strike Cannon armed - 3.6 inches

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'll chime this in since this is the only configurations I have.

Fast Pack - 2.5 inches

Strike Pack - 2.6 inches

Strike Cannon armed - 3.6 inches

Thank you very much, those all fit, i have about 3.75" ;)   But anybody got with GBP, that will give me an estimate on the Fextarmor and i wont be having the strike cannon armed , as to avoid space issues.

By the way, how tall is your valk with the stike pack (not armed), want to check another shelf i have?

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

Thank you very much, those all fit, i have about 3.75" ;)   But anybody got with GBP, that will give me an estimate on the Fextarmor and i wont be having the strike cannon armed , as to avoid space issues.

By the way, how tall is your valk with the stike pack (not armed), want to check another shelf i have?

You're welcome. Strike Pack unarmed in Battroid mode stands at 7.25 inches. ;)

But as 'someone' pointed out to me before, a collection of figures displayed standing lined-up reminds him of this:

:lol:

23 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’ve got 10 spare HM Strike Cannons and 3 spare HMR Strike Cannons if anybody needs one.

I am actually in the market for a couple of those.. the HM ones. 

did I miss any discussion of if the Hikaru Super armor is the same color as the Strike?

If so I may need one of those as well =)

On 4/22/2018 at 5:18 PM, hachi said:

Thanks guys. I'm back home now so I checked again. For the first time ever the notification emails went into the junk mail folder @_@

Maybe I should start migrating my accounts off Yahoo! email...

When did yahoo not suck?

56 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oh god Yahoo mail? What is this, the middle ages? :lol:

It's an old email account I've been using since the middle ages. I used it for online shopping since I didn't want to clutter my Gmail account. Now I must seriously think of migrating my accounts one by one. That is, if the online stores allow me to.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

When I purchase something great from YAHOO Japan Auction. Don't you agree? ;) 

That's different!:lol: I remember an auction site in yahoo that sold modded bishoujo figs sans their costumes.:wub:

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

That's different!:lol: I remember an auction site in yahoo that sold modded bishoujo figs sans their costumes.:wub:

Hahaha! :lol: You should've specified you're referring to just Yahoo! Mail then. :p

Oh. Before I forget another when Yahoo didn't suck -- Hard Gay. :lol: I don't know. I just find all of his clips funny. I just remember he did one with Yahoo! Japan.

5 hours ago, hachi said:

It's an old email account I've been using since the middle ages. I used it for online shopping since I didn't want to clutter my Gmail account. Now I must seriously think of migrating my accounts one by one. That is, if the online stores allow me to.

Yeah, I used a second Gmail account for commerce, but it got to be a bit of a hassle switching back and forth so I started using a Zoho mail account as my spam account. But Gmail is pretty good at sorting spam and such out, so I might not need it anymore.

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: You should've specified you're referring to just Yahoo! Mail then. :p

Oh. Before I forget another when Yahoo didn't suck -- Hard Gay. :lol: I don't know. I just find all of his clips funny. I just remember he did one with Yahoo! Japan.

Oh man!!  Hard Gay. Hahahahaha. Man that takes me back. I forgot all about herm. Lol

FYI, you can use email+identifier@google.com instead of email@google.com for your shopping emails. It'll at least let you know who is leaking your email, and also let you sort/filter.

Anything after the + is ignored for routing, but still shows up in your inbox.

example: you could set up your CDJ account as email+CDJ@google.com, and it'll show up in your email@google.com mailbox.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

My bad. Yahoo mail sucks!:lol:

My VF-1A showed up, it's tight... scary tight to transform for the first time... none of my other HMR have been that tight in the tolerances.

It's so pretty... I'm having so much fun zooming it around the room I almost don't want to put the Supers on it... but I can't leave them in the box...........

damn you Bandai... now I'm gonna have to go get some CF VF-1As...

Edited by slide

1 hour ago, slide said:

It's so pretty... I'm having so much fun zooming it around the room I almost don't want to put the Supers on it... but I can't leave them in the box...........

damn you Bandai... now I'm gonna have to go get some CF VF-1As...

EaDj7LK.jpg 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

EaDj7LK.jpg 

Swap the Braids for a mullet at about that age and Yea, that's about right! I had a B-52 that motored across the floor though :D

For those that received your VF-1A Hikaru, were the leg armors assembled incorrectly? Mine had the right side armor paired with the left back leg armor and vice-versa. I honestly got worried at first thinking they gave me two of the same back leg armor, but fortunately they were just mismatched.

Also, is anyone making a Shapeways version of the base fighter mode stand adapter? The same one that came with the GBP HMR. As far as I know, it was only that release that included it. All other VF-1 HMR releases after that only had the fast pack equipped fighter stand adapter.

Edited by ArchieNov

Any hopes for Macross Plus line?  It's nice and all that Bandai is releasing the YF-19 1/60th, but sure wish they started doing 1/100 line Macross Plus, much better to fit in my collection.  Also, i could actually afford one for a change

Edited by Arthurius

11 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Any hopes for Macross Plus line?  It's nice and all that Bandai is releasing the YF-19 1/60th, but sure wish they started doing 1/100 line Macross Plus, much better to fit in my collection.  Also, i could actually afford one for a change

I am kind of doubtful. Given that Bandai barely delved into the Macross 7 with 2 VF-19 models in their Hi-Metal line, before discontinuing HM in favor of HMR, and going back to the drawing board of doing VF-1 series toys, who knows if they will ever get around to doing the Macross Plus models like the VF-11, YF-19, or YF-21. I am rather surprised there is even an HMR of any Macross 2 model.

At least HMR bothered covering 2 seater variants of the VF-1, like the VE-1 and VT-1, and the armored valk, going beyond what the Hi-Metal toys covered. So there is always hope.