Hi-Metal R

joppewo

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I'd say within about a month, you've become the queen of Macross, not just HMR. 

I went from having no Macross toys to spending almost $5K on them in under 6 weeks... I think in part because I have been stressing out over 2 class research papers and am about to turn 26 in... umm... a little over 25 hours from now. *sigh*

I think I have learned that while some people stress eat, I stress shop!  *another sigh*

If I am like this now, I would hate to imagine what I am like when I am in the midst of dissertation work, or when I hit 30.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh god... Do I have to be her?!  I'd rather be Miria.... or Sheryl....or Claudia.... or even Misa. But her?

NOOOO!!! Why cruel world, why?!  =P

Hahaha! She’s the first Miss Macross so it’s just appropriate to use her. ;) 

Besides, it’s the first image that pops up when I googled it. ^_^ 

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I went from having no Macross toys to spending almost $5K on them in under 6 weeks... I think in part because I have been stressing out over 2 class research papers and am about to turn 26 in... umm... a little over 25 hours from now. *sigh*

I think I have learned that while some people stress eat, I stress shop!  *another sigh*

If I am like this now, I would hate to imagine what I am like when I am in the midst of dissertation work, or when I hit 30.

I have been going through something rather similar, stressed at work and have been shopping transformers and Valkyries. I thought I was going to stop with three 1/60 Arcadias and three HMRs, but have now found myself looking for more valks that I have never considered before (like the -0S).

You have years ahead of you for valk collection though if you're only 25/6... (old guy talking)

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

There has got to be more girls out there who are Macross fans. One of my classmates when I was an undergrad loved Max... she even had a phone strap of him.

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

:D they don't call him the King of HMR for nothing!

In retrospect, a CF was not really high in my HMR wishlist. But sh9000 has been buying every now and then and perhaps at the back of my mind I'm like, will there still be stock for me in case I change my mind and want one? He's enabling by example :lol:

A bad influence on the wallet haha

1 minute ago, hachi said:

In retrospect, a CF was not really high in my HMR wishlist. But sh9000 has been buying every now and then and perhaps at the back of my mind I'm like, will there still be stock for me in case I change my mind and want one? He's enabling by example :lol:

A bad influence on the wallet haha

Is he really enabling though? If he is depleting the CF market, he is actually trying to disable you, right? right? :lol:

24 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

There has got to be more girls out there who are Macross fans. One of my classmates when I was an undergrad loved Max... she even had a phone strap of him.

My old female roommate was a Macross fan. But more about the music and fashion than the Valks. There are definitely others that are like you but I'd say it's definitely a unique group. 

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Nice Roy!

Did you make him out of a spare CF pilot? And if so, did you paint the whole thing a darker gray or just go with the light gray and paint the green areas black? (I'm curious, as I'd been thinking of doing the same thing.)

Thanks.  Yeah I painted a TV CF pilot darker grey and the green areas black.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I feel like I am slowly aspiring to have a collection like yours @sh9000. Part of me still can't believe that I ordered 2 sets of HMR Elintseekers, VF-1S Strike Roy, VF-1S Strike Hikaru, and Super Ostriches. I do have some buyer's remorse about spending several hundred dollars on duplicates.

Thanks.  Several people come to mind like jvmacross, jenius, and spanner that have overall larger Macross collections than mine.  

Doubles can be displayed in different modes or used for customs.

5 minutes ago, hachi said:

That's enabling and disabling at the same time :lol:

Lol.

Nah, i'm sure you have me beat, I generally don't do duplicates and part of the reason i do my site is so I can sell off some of my toys but have a terrific photo collection of it so I won't miss it as much.

Edited by jenius

Not to brag and I know I'm not the biggest collector but I think I could say I have a sleeper collection. I am relatively new to online chat about this but online life doesn't reflect real life to me. I don't even talk about more than 50% of my collection online simply because I don't have the energy to and I know I can get too wordy about what I do choose to talk about. Also because I don't care about who has what and being competitive about it, what's more important to me is we all enjoy what we have and what we mutually love about it. That's why it bothers me a bit when people complain. 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

*sigh*

Ever since @no3Ljmdeclared me Miss Macross, I have been listening and singing along to classic Macross songs. I am not even much a fan of the Minmei songs. Those lyrics.....  "0-G Love"? "私の彼はパイロト"?  *sigh*. Give me a May'n song any day of the week instead.

And yet, here I am, reviewing some research simulation results (which look promising, btw) while singing along to Minmei.

I blame you entirely!  ;)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

5 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Is it easy to change heads between valks? What does it involve?

The head is easily detachable and re-attachable... which is useful for doing transformations. The HMR VF-1A CF even comes with 2 different heads, TV and DYRL versions.

So, changing heads should be easy.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The head is easily detachable and re-attachable... which is useful for doing transformations. The HMR VF-1A CF even comes with 2 different heads, TV and DYRL versions.

So, changing heads should be easy.

Thank you very much

I just ordered the VF-1A Hikaru from Nippon Yassan at 7,080 yen + 1,640 yen shipping air 2-3 weeks w/ tracking.  It was about 5 USD cheaper if i would have gone with the slow boat 3 months, so i said, nah, not for just one valk.

So shopping for the first time from Nippon Yassan, they give you the option to pay Canadian Dollars, or USD, or Yen, but the cheapest is to buy in Yen (even with the conversion fees from Paypal say).

So i wanted the VF-1CF, but simply could not get it at 9,000 yen before shipping or over, and i looked everywhere every day for two weeks.  So i was thinking to myself, well, i could:

1) switch heads between vf-1s messer and vf-1a Hik, and then i will have my VF-1S Hik i always wanted (well, close enough, except detailed colors on the head), and have FP for it.  That way, until June / July when Fexthobby armors come in, my 1S is fully loaded.  So i will have a VF-1A messer too ;).  Or just keep as is until armors arrive.  If the whites are different, well, this wont work unfortunately...

2) use the vf-1a Hik inside the 102F armor, that way i will have my CF colors, well sorta of course, the head wont be perfect colors as the CF....  And if i dont like the backpack booster canons, well, guess what, i can use those regular ones from the FP Hik comes with instead!!!  One of my worries with 102F armor (instead of 102) is maybe i wont like the backpack canons instead  of the one that comes with 102 armor.  This is thus taken care of. 

And thus ends my suffering (valk hunting days), I think, hopefully for a while...

Edited by Arthurius

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I feel like I am slowly aspiring to have a collection like yours @sh9000. Part of me still can't believe that I ordered 2 sets of HMR Elintseekers, VF-1S Strike Roy, VF-1S Strike Hikaru, and Super Ostriches. I do have some buyer's remorse about spending several hundred dollars on duplicates.

I have the complete line of HMR macross, but the only ones that I have duplicates are the cannon fodder and the first edition of the regult, although I recognize that I would also like to have another defender.

5 hours ago, Arthurius said:

I just ordered the VF-1A Hikaru from Nippon Yassan at 7,080 yen + 1,640 yen shipping air 2-3 weeks w/ tracking.  It was about 5 USD cheaper if i would have gone with the slow boat 3 months, so i said, nah, not for just one valk.

So shopping for the first time from Nippon Yassan, they give you the option to pay Canadian Dollars, or USD, or Yen, but the cheapest is to buy in Yen (even with the conversion fees from Paypal say).

So i wanted the VF-1CF, but simply could not get it at 9,000 yen before shipping or over, and i looked everywhere every day for two weeks.  So i was thinking to myself, well, i could:

1) switch heads between vf-1s messer and vf-1a Hik, and then i will have my VF-1S Hik i always wanted (well, close enough, except detailed colors on the head), and have FP for it.  That way, until June / July when Fexthobby armors come in, my 1S is fully loaded.  So i will have a VF-1A messer too ;).  Or just keep as is until armors arrive.  If the whites are different, well, this wont work unfortunately...

2) use the vf-1a Hik inside the 102F armor, that way i will have my CF colors, well sorta of course, the head wont be perfect colors as the CF....  And if i dont like the backpack booster canons, well, guess what, i can use those regular ones from the FP Hik comes with instead!!!  One of my worries with 102F armor (instead of 102) is maybe i wont like the backpack canons instead  of the one that comes with 102 armor.  This is thus taken care of. 

And thus ends my suffering (valk hunting days), I think, hopefully for a while...

I hope you find a CF VF-1A or your plan works out.  You can still try to paint match.  The whites/greys will be different and the VF-1A head will need to be detached along with the neck joint to swap with the VF-1S head.

4 hours ago, hachi said:

Is NY already shipping the HMR VF-1A Super Valkyrie (Ichijo Hikaru Custom)? It says already in stock.

Not yet but maybe next week.  Got the email from NY for preparation in progress for my 2 VF-1A Hikaru’s last night.  I chose Eco SAL since it was cheaper than registered ferry so they should be coming in sooner.

18 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I so wish there was one of these for the HMR and Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60 line of VF-1...

DSC01574.jpg

Roy is such a badass that he didn't even need the booster to fly into space in Episode 2, he even did it carrying Hikaru's fuselage.  When Roy decides to use this, it is simply to mock the other pilots who truly need it to get into space....they know the big dog can fly up there without it. 

The wimpy pilots know that Skull-001 pees on them and marks his territory.

Edited by Ridden001

4 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

@sh9000   so out of all the releases so far which one is your favorite?       After sorting through all the releases,  I am tossed up.. either the VF-2SS or the Monster.

I love them all because they scale and display well together and it’s nice to have both sides of a toyline.  One of my favorites is the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:57 AM, sh9000 said:

3D41419C-6C7F-4EF5-9D42-E19643D5E6F8.thumb.jpeg.505a00ff928c6cabb2ac14cc8fad0a41.jpeg

Omg.. this is awesome.  

I am slowly getting mine out of boxes, moved everything in September and looking for some nice new shelving for the new house.  Miss reading all the updates, you have really got into this full throttle, nice!

So I'm hoping someone who bought the Tamashi HMR Regult Missile set can help a brotha out. I have a standard issue HMR Regult I purchased recently and it arrived new in box but the shipping and Regult box got dented and of course whatever beared down into box pressed right on top of Regult box where the head lasers are and one is bent down about 40 degrees. And it's so white and stressed I know if I try to heat and bend back it'll break. Plastic used is too brittle to try. I know the Missile set comes with the missiles that mount where the standard rotating lasers (aka weaponized Yamaka) go and was hoping someone that has no interest in displaying as "base Regults" might be willing to spare a set. I'm not looking for any hand outs. I'm willing to pay for them whatever you think is fair. I appreciate the help. 

On 4/14/2018 at 8:57 PM, sh9000 said:

9216803B-E78D-4B85-82F2-10BD5CECEBDA.thumb.jpeg.b4449f27fe2c9ee5af773ac6efbf4643.jpeg

01299298-E0A2-4FF7-A0AC-312D0E9CF6D6.thumb.jpeg.69585f24e831759089d667a2dc366a5a.jpeg

2F2E6837-E53F-43D8-AD88-8599A76F37CA.thumb.jpeg.1753ad35158a59564cba5ab3aa24ea91.jpeg

Oh oh!  How about this...

Elintseeker with dual Strike cannons, top radar dish, plus both gunpod and under-arm sensor!

Also with 1 box missile and 2 reaction missiles under each wing.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

32 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh oh!  How about this...

Elintseeker with dual Strike cannons, top radar dish, plus both gunpod and under-arm sensor!

Also with 1 box missile and 2 reaction missiles under each wing.

They don't come with hardpoint equipped wings, so sadly that last part isn't happening without more modifications. I actually dug the parts baggie out for mine just to make sure of that because I couldn't remember for sure if they did or not. If they did I'd probably have thrown some missiles on 'em and pretended it was going Wild Weaseling or something.

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Not to brag and I know I'm not the biggest collector but I think I could say I have a sleeper collection. I am relatively new to online chat about this but online life doesn't reflect real life to me. I don't even talk about more than 50% of my collection online simply because I don't have the energy to and I know I can get too wordy about what I do choose to talk about. Also because I don't care about who has what and being competitive about it, what's more important to me is we all enjoy what we have and what we mutually love about it. That's why it bothers me a bit when people complain. 

Couldn't agree more with this.

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The whites/greys will be different and the VF-1A head will need to be detached along with the neck joint to swap with the VF-1S head

Ah crap, there goes one of the plans... hope i didnt make a mistake getting the VF-1A Hik....