Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

Can someone help me, i am new to Hi Metal R, only had Yamato in the past... yes, it's been a while

So i am thinking of getting the VF-1S Messer colors, as i found it for cheaper.  It is missing armor though / or fast packs, but maybe i can wait for a future armor one day...  My favorite is the VF-1s red stripe one, and then maybe super vf-1J Max (these both look the best by far), but those are now secondary market pretty much, not preorder cheaper price, so... i cant get those yet.  Not interested in the VE-1 or VT-1 because i dont like their batroid mode, only their fighter / gerwalk modes.  DO you guys recommend the messer repaint as only one purchase?  Problem is, i aint got the cash to do a few, and have space for 1 that i want to display with my Yamato and figma figurines, or just keep at work ;)

What do you guys think are possibilities that Bandai might still do for original Macross, or that has been shown but not released yet?  Or is it pretty much done after the VF-1A (dont like the head, otherwise, i would be on the new one coming out...

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

I would start by browsing US retailers. Some still have stock on HM-R Valks that have long been sold out overseas.

For instance, Toy Dojo still has Max's 1J in stock.

No idea on which VF-1 Bandai will release next but I'm hoping for a break on Valkyries, myself.

I'd like to see more Destroids and enemy mecha in the next Macross HM-R batch.

Edited by technoblue

40 minutes ago, amptor said:

VF-1A head is awesome imho.  I think they will do VF-1A max but not sure if they will do VF-1D trainer.  Only time will tell what is next.

well, there is one version of the 1A i like, and that is the TV version of 1A MAX, and it should have the big glass eye like the standard brown / tan version had the second head option. 

Any plans for the TV version VF-1A Max?

Also, on the new Super VF-1A Hi Metal R with super parts that is about to come out, i dont see the second head option with the bigger glass eye.  Does anyone know if it is included?  Unfortunately, the description of parts doesnt mention a second head, and no image shows it, so i have to assume NOT included.  It would have made it look much better in my opinion, or at least the option  would have been excellent.

7cfae19e.jpg

YAMA-MACROSS-VF-1A-MAX.jpg

Edited by Arthurius

46 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Also, on the new Super VF-1A Hi Metal R with super parts that is about to come out, i dont see the second head option with the bigger glass eye.  Does anyone know if it is included?  Unfortunately, the description of parts doesnt mention a second head, and no image shows it, so i have to assume NOT included.  It would have made it look much better in my opinion, or at least the option  would have been excellent.

The second head was a fun gimmick that Bandai included with the mass production VF-1A which allows you to switch that Valkyrie between the DYRL and TV styles, reflecting the changes in art design. In SDF TV, the "eye" camera was animated with more of an all-glass/transparent look, whereas in DYRL it was animated with more of an industrial/robotic look. I haven't seen any mention of Bandai doing something similar for Hikaru's DYRL 1A. If they did, it would be pretty bold because Hikaru never flew a VF-1A in the TV series.

No news yet on an HM-R of Max's TV 1A, but I expect Bandai will release it at some point.

7 hours ago, amptor said:

VF-1A head is awesome imho.  I think they will do VF-1A max but not sure if they will do VF-1D trainer.  Only time will tell what is next.

I'm hoping they do a VF1D. I would like to get 3, but might settle for 2 only. I'm gonna start saving for these soon :D

@ technoblue and Big S and hachi

Oh man, just the thought of a MAX VF-1s AND VF-1A TV AND VF-1D 2 seater with miria drives me nuts with anticipation!!!!  All things i missed with Yamato at the time which i really wanted!!! LOL.

The Max VF-1S with super would be my #1 want right now, and then followed by VF-1A TV Max close after WITH the big glass eye.  Oh man, and add that D (MAX), and we got the perfect trio.  The J is good too, but i missed out, and it would be my 4th pick actually after the D max, lol ;)

But can these really happen???  ... and more importantly, can i wait?? lol

36 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

@ technoblue and Big S and hachi

Oh man, just the thought of a MAX VF-1s AND VF-1A TV AND VF-1D 2 seater with miria drives me nuts with anticipation!!!!  All things i missed with Yamato at the time which i really wanted!!! LOL.

The Max VF-1S with super would be my #1 want right now, and then followed by VF-1A TV Max close after WITH the big glass eye.  Oh man, and add that D (MAX), and we got the perfect trio.  The J is good too, but i missed out, and it would be my 4th pick actually after the D max, lol ;)

But can these really happen???  ... and more importantly, can i wait?? lol

All we can do right now is wait...and save up for it :D

I've also wanted Yamato/Arcadia valks, but my experience with my lone 1/48 valk is, they're too big and I don't have the space for them. Even the DX Chogokin VF31C box is big already. So I focus on the smaller HMRs.

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

Does anyone know how much roughly that Nippon Yasan charges for shipping for 1 of these valks to ship to USA or Canada? 

I'm in USA East Coast, and for my preorder of the Super Ostrich, shipping was 1740 yen using the JP Post Eco registered option (2-3 weeks, with tracking no and insurance). Faster options such as the JP Post EMS (3-4 days) is about 2900 yen.

You can actually see what your exact shipping charge is going to be if you start placing an order - you don't have to submit in order to see the shipping charges.

41 minutes ago, hachi said:

All we can do right now is wait...and save up for it :D

I've also wanted Yamato/Arcadia valks, but my experience with my lone 1/48 valk is, they're too big and I don't have the space for them. Even the DX Chogokin VF31C box is big already. So I focus on the smaller HMRs.

yea tell me about it, i can only fit 4 big Yamato valks comfortably in Batroid mode (5 will fit if i squeeze/tighter and no armor) on one billy shelf.  I could fit at least a douzen more of the HMR if i wanted to probably...  That said, cant live without them big yammies!!!

Macross.thumb.jpg.a3b578d40c411728e58bcf2164131b12.jpg

Edited by Arthurius

11 hours ago, Arthurius said:

well, there is one version of the 1A i like, and that is the TV version of 1A MAX, and it should have the big glass eye like the standard brown / tan version had the second head option. 

Any plans for the TV version VF-1A Max?

7cfae19e.jpg

YAMA-MACROSS-VF-1A-MAX.jpg

I much prefer the TV style VF-1A head over the DYRL look.  I have a 30th anniversary 1/60 DYRL CF and would love to find a way to swap out the sensor myself if I can. 

BTW that 1/60 TV Max looks fantastic....

I..... I...... I coulnt hold it ... I am weak .... I wanted to wait for potential Max goodies, but just too weak.... I hate myself....

Just ordered BOTH the VE-1 and the VF-1S Messer.... Not paid for yet, but, i will be once i know shipping.

Yes, i said i didnt like the VE-1 much in Batroid, but... then i saw this asian youtube reviewer who was able to properly show off the toy, with the head tilting down and great posing in some instance, and well... i am weak... i gave in... after maybe 6 years of no official macross toys (basically since Yamato went under...).

Then i was thinking, well, this VE-1 sorta goes well colorwise with that VF-1 Messer, and i could maybe use some (not all) of VE-1 armor at times on the VF-1 for fun (maaaybe), and i could give the stand of the VF-1 to the VE-1 for full stretched Fighter mode, and that I could always in the future maybe get one of those FEXTHOBBY armors if they turn out to be good for my VF-1S Messer.  And so, I was stroke down by more weakness.... and I gave in again...

I am just a weak old man, who needs to go hide in his cave in shame....

19 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

I..... I...... I coulnt hold it ... I am weak .... I wanted to wait for potential Max goodies, but just too weak.... I hate myself....

Just ordered BOTH the VE-1 and the VF-1S Messer.... Not paid for yet, but, i will be once i know shipping.

Yes, i said i didnt like the VE-1 much in Batroid, but... then i saw this asian youtube reviewer who was able to properly show off the toy, with the head tilting down and great posing in some instance, and well... i am weak... i gave in... after maybe 6 years of no official macross toys (basically since Yamato went under...).

Then i was thinking, well, this VE-1 sorta goes well colorwise with that VF-1 Messer, and i could maybe use some (not all) of VE-1 armor at times on the VF-1 for fun (maaaybe), and i could give the stand of the VF-1 to the VE-1 for full stretched Fighter mode, and that I could always in the future maybe get one of those FEXTHOBBY armors if they turn out to be good for my VF-1S Messer.  And so, I was stroke down by more weakness.... and I gave in again...

I am just a weak old man, who needs to go hide in his cave in shame....

Fighter mode is definitely the best for the VE-1. It's so pretty!  

Must resist urge to buy a second HMR VE-1....  Must find more valkyries to bundle a VE-1 order with for cheaper shipping...

2 minutes ago, amptor said:

I think I overpaid for shipping, I should have used boat like sh9000 did heh.  I forgot how much it cost, I think it was something like 600 yen.  Could be wrong though.

Is it bad that I spend SOOOO much time browsing for Macross toys at various online stores and eBay, that I am actually tempted to create a thread called "Shizuka's Deal Watch" when I list deals I find out there, in case people are interested?

13 minutes ago, amptor said:

I think I overpaid for shipping, I should have used boat like sh9000 did heh.  I forgot how much it cost, I think it was something like 600 yen.  Could be wrong though.

Sh9000 got that price due to further points discounts he accumulated from the past. But that's an indication of how low you can go if u accumulate. Bear in mind how many sh 9000 buys tho...

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is it bad that I spend SOOOO much time browsing for Macross toys at various online stores and eBay, that I am actually tempted to create a thread called "Shizuka's Deal Watch" when I list deals I find out there, in case people are interested?

There is a section for that, it's in the toys wanted section. Lots of watch lists on various online shops...http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

Edited by seti88

14 minutes ago, amptor said:

May I ask which company did you order from?  600 yen boat sounds very reasonable to me.

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

May I ask which company did you order from?  600 yen boat sounds very reasonable to me.

N-Y.  I should double check on a different item and see maybe.  All I would need right away to check out is one, could have waited 3 months for the others :) :p

20 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Fighter mode is definitely the best for the VE-1. It's so pretty!  

Must resist urge to buy a second HMR VE-1....  Must find more valkyries to bundle a VE-1 order with for cheaper shipping...

It's conclusive. I am weak too!

I just ordered a 2nd HMR VE-1 Elintseeker... and an HMR VF-1J Hikaru.

They looked at me with their puppy-dog surveillance packages and my heart just melted.

Lol, looks like i am not alone in feeling weak and helpless... ;)

Amiami doesnt have any slow ship method, or i couldnt see that option.  I am also buying some used figma figure from them. 

@borgified, no, skipping the HMR VT-1.  Yes, it looks fantastic in fighter and gerwalk, but for the Batroid mode, it just doesnt look anywhere near as nice as the Yamato 1/60th one, which had both the boosters higher so more visible in batroid mode, AND the antenna on the head could be moved away, not just be there straight, which made a big difference in the look of the Batroid.  I'd rather save my money for some future Armour or for a TV Max for example. 

Too bad, cause i actually really loved the look of the VT-1 Yamato vf-1/60 v2 more than the VE-1 from the same, but just didnt carry forward for HMR.

Edited by Arthurius

3 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Lol, looks like i am not alone in feeling weak and helpless... ;)

Amiami doesnt have any slow ship method, or i couldnt see that option.  I am also buying some used figma figure from them. 

@Shizuka the Cat, no, skipping the HMR VT-1.  Yes, it looks fantastic in fighter and gerwalk, but for the Batroid mode, it just doesnt look anywhere near as nice as the Yamato 1/60th one, which had both the boosters higher so more visible in batroid mode, AND the antenna on the head could be moved away, not just be there straight, which made a big difference in the look of the Batroid.  I'd rather save my money for some future Armour or for a TV Max for example. 

Too bad, cause i actually really loved the look of the VT-1 Yamato vf-1/60 v2 more than the VE-1 from the same, but just didnt carry forward for HMR.

That's actually me that's enabling you not Shizuka.. :lol:

Amiami does have the slow ship method under SAL (registered mail or unregistered).  

20 minutes ago, borgified said:

That's actually me that's enabling you not Shizuka.. :lol:

Amiami does have the slow ship method under SAL (registered mail or unregistered).  

Oh sorry, fixed.  I asked for the SAL registered.  Isnt the difference between registered and non registered that there is just some tracking number vs nothing at all?  Or are they changing totally the shipping method?

10 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Oh sorry, fixed.  I asked for the SAL registered.  Isnt the difference between registered and non registered that there is just some tracking number vs nothing at all?  Or are they changing totally the shipping method?

I think SAL Registered have insurance included. It’s limited to Y6000. EMS is Y20000.

40 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

28 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think SAL Registered have insurance included. It’s limited to Y6000. EMS is Y20000.

Here is the exact  specs on the shipping methods in further details: http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/ps_en.html

7 hours ago, amptor said:

I always use cheaper shipping to save on the overall cost.  I’m also not in a hurry to receive anything.  You will see the savings add up.

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

Sh9000 got that price due to further points discounts he accumulated from the past. But that's an indication of how low you can go if u accumulate. Bear in mind how many sh 9000 buys tho...

This is my 4th discount code with NY.  I activated another one recently that expires on 4/4/19.  I’ll use it on the next HMR release and buy multiples.  Next time I’ll let the discount bar build up more before I activate the code for a bigger discount.

6 hours ago, Arthurius said:

There's a certain cutoff for Amiami to allow shipping unregistered. Iirc if a certain item is above Y7000 +(just inquire with their rep), they will no longer allow unregistered SAL.

48 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I always use cheaper shipping to save on the overall cost.  I’m also not in a hurry to receive anything.  You will see the savings add up.

This is my 4th discount code with NY.  I activated another one recently that expires on 4/4/19.  I’ll use it on the next HMR release and buy multiples.  Next time I’ll let the discount bar build up more before I activate the code for a bigger discount.

I wouldn't suggest accumulating the discount points. I did that once and let it build up to a 100. Care to guess how many percent discount they gave me?

5%

A year of heavy shopping and that's all I got. I exchanged 40 points for 4% and recently exchanged 20+ points for 3% so it's a lot better for me to routinely redeem them but it might not work for you. I have no idea how they do the calculations. They said it's a combination of points and rank.