Hi-Metal R

joppewo

11 minutes ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

Quite tempted to cancel my po on this VT-1, as I think this will be plenty around readily available and rather cheaper when it gets released just like the recent VE-1 right now...

Well, you never know what the future holds, sir. It's like preordering certain web exclusive item, paid for it in advance, and still waits if you will get one after it's already been released weeks prior...

So don't cancel and risk it unless you really don't need it. ^_^

23 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

how's amiami these days with cancellations? just a nice email and they let you do it? or do they still give you crap about account bans and cancelation of existing orders?

i have some pending orders i don't want to risk

I always just “forget” to pay for the order and they just cancel the order for me after the payment request.  I’ve been doing it for many placeholder orders without any issue.  Your experience might be different.

So the Nousjadeul-Ger painting that Tenjin was working on is probably for the next Valkyries Sortie book or one of the HMR releases or both.  It would be cool to keep the DYRL momentum going and it would be about time to finally get an enemy mecha from DYRL.

28 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

how's amiami these days with cancellations? just a nice email and they let you do it? or do they still give you crap about account bans and cancelation of existing orders?

i have some pending orders i don't want to risk

You can just send a message to AmiAmi's support email, asking them to cancel your order.  Include your Order Number, Name, email, etc.   That is what I did when I wanted to cancel my VT-1 pre-order last night. I got a response back from them this morning, saying that they cancelled my order. YAY!

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

So the Nousjadeul-Ger painting that Tenjin was working on is probably for the next Valkyries Sortie book or one of the HMR releases or both.  It would be cool to keep the DYRL momentum going and it would be about time to finally get an enemy mecha from DYRL.

Suspect it may be for the vt-1 boxart. Nevertheless a separate release would b nice too.

11 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You can just send a message to AmiAmi's support email, asking them to cancel your order.  Include your Order Number, Name, email, etc.   That is what I did when I wanted to cancel my VT-1 pre-order last night. I got a response back from them this morning, saying that they cancelled my order. YAY!

Maybe they let you off easy because the preorders haven’t sold out or closed yet. Normally they are much stricter with cancellations.

4 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Maybe they let you off easy because the preorders haven’t sold out or closed yet. Normally they are much stricter with cancellations.

You may be right. Last night was the first time I ever cancelled an order with AmiAmi, so my sample size is obviously limited. But so far, my cancel experience has been good. 

44 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You may be right. Last night was the first time I ever cancelled an order with AmiAmi, so my sample size is obviously limited. But so far, my cancel experience has been good. 

I'm pretty sure that email you received already included a slight warning that they really don't accept too much cancellations.

I got one VT-1 at amiami, along with the Nendoroid BotW Guardian which I was meaning to pick up to go with Link.

After that, I bought a second VT-1 at HLJ, I ended up caving and pairing it with the Hikky DYRL VF-1A too since they still had an active pre-order over there.

I do not regret it. ;)

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Suspect it may be for the vt-1 boxart. Nevertheless a separate release would b nice too.

If it appears on the VT-1 box then it might be a teaser like the Defender on the Monster box or Max and Milia on each other’s box.

I have never ordered duplicate macross toys but I was so impressed with the Elint seeker, I decided to get two VT-1's from two separate sources.  I think I'm beginning to see the HMR line developing in to something similar to the old Yamato line in terms of variety and completeness.  I still kick myself hard for not getting Yamato V2s when they first came out and now have to pay through my nose to even afford an Arcadia reissue.

Bandai's website currently shows a list price for the VT-1 as 9,720¥, so HLJ's 9,000¥ is a bit of a discount (10%)...although nothing like the other vendor discounts.

Looking back, Bandai listed the upcoming VF-1A Hikaru Super as 9,504¥. HLJ's listed retail is 8,800 (a discount of 7.04%) and they're actually selling it for 8,360¥ (a discount of 12.04%).

So, I don't think HLJ is really off their own mark, just when compared to other retailers. Ultimately just happy I was able to secure a pre-order.

Here's looking to the future, and hoping the Tomahawk is announced before the end of the year! That's the one I've really been looking forward to.

*sorry. This was in response to amptor's "9000 yen at hlj lol" comment. :)

Edited by RDX17

2 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Bandai's website currently shows a list price for the VT-1 as 9,720¥, so HLJ's 9,000¥ is a bit of a discount (10%)...although nothing like the other vendor discounts.

Looking back, Bandai listed the upcoming VF-1A Hikaru Super as 9,504¥. HLJ's listed retail is 8,800 (a discount of 7.04%) and they're actually selling it for 8,360¥ (a discount of 12.04%).

So, I don't think HLJ is really off their own mark, just when compared to other retailers. Ultimately just happy I was able to secure a pre-order.

Here's looking to the future, and hoping the Tomahawk is announced before the end of the year! That's the one I've really been looking forward to.

Just to also add that HLJ shipping is not as high as AmiAmi, Nippon-Yasan, etc. If you add all in all including shipping costs, the only difference from each stores are from $10-20.

17 minutes ago, amptor said:

I like the quality of Bandai products.  I'm not as impressed by Yamato, hence I stopped collecting those.

I collect mainly VF-1's only but have heard very good things for some of Bandai's other VF offerings outside of HM-R.  The delta VF-31A Kairos was my first Bandai order but before I could experience the beauty of Bandai's design, I'm stuck with many fellow members who have ordered from Nippon Yasan with no shipment updates in sight, more than a week after release...

Sigh... I finally caved in and pre-ordered the Super Ostrich after I said that I will not. Much appreciated for all your enablements. :p  

I can put my Macross shelf up soon as they're still in their respected boxes presently.  

7 minutes ago, borgified said:

Sigh... I finally caved in and pre-ordered the Super Ostrich after I said that I will not. Much appreciated for all your enablements. :p  

I can put my Macross shelf up soon as they're still in their respected boxes presently.  

玉屋!!!!

鍵屋!!!!

Welcome to the party!

18 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

玉屋!!!!

鍵屋!!!!

Welcome to the party!

Tamaya? Kagiya/Locksmith? Sorry, I didn't get that. ;)

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m really hoping for a non valkyrie release next. The last few releases are great, but I need a change .

Who knows? Maybe that N-Ger painting from Tenjin is a peek to what's coming out next? ^_^