Hi-Metal R

joppewo

9 hours ago, borgified said:

I believe that @no3Ljmmade a post of all the time differences around the world in the VF-31 thread. Is there a possibility that specific chart can be reposted here as the pre-order for the VT-1 is arriving soon? If the VT-1 pre-orders are up on 4 pm Japan Standard Time then we can have a better visual understanding of which time zone of us members are in exactly.

Note: Get your coffee or any other caffeine fix ready for the madness.  ^_^

Japan: Apr. 2, 4pm JST

USA: Apr. 2, 12mn PST, 1am MST, 2am CST, 3am EST

Please double-check if the PO is indeed starts at 4pm. ;) 

Thanks to @F360and @no3Ljm for the two previous posts.. I might be possibly still up for the pre-orders and see the how the others are doing in this thread. May or may not participate in the hunt as I have a project that's due on the 16th of this month (worth 30% of the course mark).

Good luck on the pre-orders (and for @Shizuka the Cat as well if she is up for the hunt). :D

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

Thanks to @F360and @no3Ljm for the two previous posts.. I might be possibly still up for the pre-orders and see the how the others are doing in this thread. May or may not participate in the hunt as I have a project that's due on the 16th of this month (worth 30% of the course mark).

Good luck on the pre-orders (and for @Shizuka the Cat as well if she is up for the hunt). :D

You make it sound like pre-ordering is difficult... wait, is it difficult? Am I missing something? Do stores get swamped or something?

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You make it sound like pre-ordering is difficult... wait, is it difficult? Am I missing something? Do stores get swamped or something?

I've seen pre-orders sell out at some stores inside a minute or two, generally everywhere is sold out within like 20-30min for DX Chogokin Valkyrie releases?

Heck, even the Delta DX preorders are easy mode compared to the old days of preorder madness during the Frontier renewal era. If you didn't manage to secure a preorder within the first 60 seconds of the window opening, you were SOL and had to buy a marked up copy from NY or pray there was stock available after release. 

Many F5 keys were lost during the Great Renewal Preorders of 2011 to 2013.

Edited by Lolicon
Accidentally hit submit prematurely

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Heck, even the Delta DX preorders are easy mode compared to the old days of preorder madness during the Frontier renewal era. If you didn't manage to secure a preorder within the first 60 seconds of the window opening, you were SOL and had to buy a marked up copy from NY or pray there was stock available after release. 

Many F5 keys were lost during the Great Renewal Preorders of 2011 to 2013.

@Lolicon speaks truth! HLJ, AmiAmi and Hobby Search would be sold out in less than a minute (that was considered a large window for PO) but most times it was less than that.  I remember I would be hitting F5 on the PO page on AmiAmi "Pre-Order Soon" hit F5 then page would refresh with "Pre-order Closed". NY would open the PO at a low price, then when they sold the allocated amount it would close, then reopen a short while after at a higher price. That cycle of increasing price would continue till it hit retail price or higher.

Edited by Saburo

Isn't that the truth, my feelers must have been tingling whilst I started hearing moaning and groaning sounds from my wallet, it sounded like the book of the dead from evil dead. I had to come crawling back to the forums. :lol:

Edited by Loop

23 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So much for school work....

Any recommended shops I should try pre-ordering from?

Actually, the only rule during PO night is making sure you secure one in -- succesfully. Doesn't matter what store. ;)

There's HLJ, Nippon-Yasan, AmiAmi, HobbySearch, CDJapan, BigInJapan, MyKombini, etc. The first three is the go-to place for me. Hope that helps. ^_^

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, the only rule during PO night is making sure you secure one in -- succesfully. Doesn't matter what store. ;)

There's HLJ, Nippon-Yasan, AmiAmi, HobbySearch, CDJapan, BigInJapan, MyKombini, etc. The first three is the go-to place for me. Hope that helps. ^_^

Much appreciated! CD Japan and AmiAmi might be the first places I check out.... since they have become awfully familiar with my shipping address recently. *hee hee* 

I guess I have a few hours to hopefully get a bit more school work done before the big event starts.

This one should be an interesting one to watch.  I'm thinking it may be more popular than the ELINT was, however  I'm not staying up for it, if it's still around tomorrow morning as the ELINT was, I'll prob order one. However......prob NOT from freakin NY...<_<

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Pre-orders for Hobby Search start after 4pm Japan time, or 3am here in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

21 hours ago, F360 said:

here is a good time converting link for those that's not use to the Japan time. I have preset some cities from the USA.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20180402T070000&p1=tz_jst&p2=224&p3=70&p4=179

all you will have to do in the future is change the japan date /time at the top and add your city on the bottom.  

time.jpg.324de41c6b0e52b1a23b7bddf8072f07.jpg

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Japan: Apr. 2, 4pm JST

USA: Apr. 2, 12mn PST, 1am MST, 2am CST, 3am EST

Please double-check if the PO is indeed starts at 4pm. ;)