Hi-Metal R

joppewo

18 minutes ago, Tober said:

The 1D is the only two-pilot Valkyrie in SDF Macross. Given that BANDAI have started releasing the other two-pilot Valks, I would say it shouldn't be too far away. Or you could buy the Super Ostrich and the VF-1D Virgin Road to get a 1D. :)

OK thanks for reply...I mean if both VT-1 and  VF-1D have a very similar orange scheme maybe Bandai may think it wouldn't be profitable enough to justify  the VF-1D  releasing even though in my opinion it  is more iconic specially for the western audiences... Just to remember that scene with Hikaru and Minmai in the cockpit... 

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

Noticed that CD Japan has the 35th anniversary HMR VF-1S for 4800 yen as an outlet product (box may be damaged, but valkyrie should be ok).

I wonder....

1.) Good deal?

2.) How hard is it to remove its original paint job, and apply a custom motif? For some reason, I feel tempted to somehow have one repainted with Ny Little Ponies on it.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

The Hikaru 1J would be much easier to mod. From what I understand the paint removal process isn't fun.

Yeah, but since this valkyrie seems so much cheaper than any other HMR I have seen, I thought this might be  an affordable way to go. But if it is a pain to remove the old paint job.... *sigh*

Too bad I don't like the 35th anniversary's paint job.

32 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Yeah, but since this valkyrie seems so much cheaper than any other HMR I have seen, I thought this might be  an affordable way to go. But if it is a pain to remove the old paint job.... *sigh*

Well, you can probably paint on top of it. Just make sure you airbrush it rather than handbrush it so that the paint application is not too thick. ;)

Yeah, 1J is the easiest one since it's white. But nowadays, that one is already commanding prices in second hand shops. Would still love to get one though for custom. :unsure:

54 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Noticed that CD Japan has the 35th anniversary HMR VF-1S for 4800 yen as an outlet product (box may be damaged, but valkyrie should be ok).

I wonder....

1.) Good deal?

2.) How hard is it to remove its original paint job, and apply a custom motif? For some reason, I feel tempted to somehow have one repainted with Ny Little Ponies on it.

How much is your time worth to you? If you have the extra time it will take to deal with to spare, go for it. I personally wouldn't get one to customize but if I didn't have one already, I'd definitely get one at that price to have it as is.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

It all depends on what type of VF-1 variant or paint scheme you plan on making.  For instance if the Valkyrie’s main body will end up white, then the VF-1J Hikaru would be a better candidate.  If you specifically need a VF-1S and want the VF-1S Messer to be mainly white, that will take some work.  I hand paint all of my customs and the paint doesn’t end up too thick.

16 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome AB custom, thanks for posting it.

It really is.

13 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

That is a sweet custom. The Hikaru 1J makes a great blank canvas. Putting the super parts on is an interesting idea. 

Yeah and at first I thought it was 1/60 scale because the Q-Rau in the background looked like it was in scale.  Then I looked at the arm and hips and knew it was a HMR custom.  The VF-1J Hikaru’s are one of the best to use for customs.  They were great to buy when they were selling for around $60-65 shipped.

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, you can probably paint on top of it. Just make sure you airbrush it rather than handbrush it so that the paint application is not too thick. ;)

Yeah, 1J is the easiest one since it's white. But nowadays, that one is already commanding prices in second hand shops. Would still love to get one though for custom. :unsure:

Jungle just listed an HMR Hikaru 1J for 5400 Yen. It's listed as "B" so used but looks complete so probably perfect for customization. 

1 hour ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Jungle just listed an HMR Hikaru 1J for 5400 Yen. It's listed as "B" so used but looks complete so probably perfect for customization. 

Ordered! ;)

37 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

BA62986A-E498-4B0E-8B52-6A2FED056F6E.jpeg.77a052f7d3d2a988dc53712baf69b64e.jpeg

2EC45FF1-149F-47DB-859D-AB121F42B116.jpeg.c7c34291c0a23101464cc64dc740b071.jpeg

095F0B73-3D51-46AC-BFC9-18337DA6AAEE.jpeg.b8a9d2f273d76ddd2374678c25606b74.jpeg

F1AFDFFF-F3D3-4D66-A011-47DDAD05AC55.jpeg.510fda25d4ed995bac314df879a488cb.jpeg

2372BCDB-983C-47DA-ABFE-48EA30E70ED8.jpeg.f295f957b029c02bda8bda238f9546f6.jpeg

D124B64B-97B9-493C-9B8D-70F329FBABBC.jpeg.eff6700a85f1cd812f53c7dc93aac2e5.jpeg

C118E1C0-4736-44BC-91D6-D8162204E066.jpeg.ed1a6da6a00043befccb4153d2db352b.jpeg

Updates from FEXT HOBBY.  Looks like they’re making the extended seat for Battroid mode too.  Pretty cool.

Nice updates. I really hope it comes painted. ;)

33 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very cool, I wonder how my old hands will deal with all of those teeny tiny pieces?  I'll never be a true modeler lol

Looking forward to more pics :)

Don't worry. There's an invention called Tweezers, sir. ;)

Ready for the pre-orders in regards to the HMR VT-1 guys (this weekend or the next)? Hopefully that unforeseen circumstances don't hamper your efforts in acquiring a copy (or a few if you're troop building). ;)

41 minutes ago, borgified said:

Ready for the pre-orders in regards to the HMR VT-1 guys (this weekend or the next)? Hopefully that unforeseen circumstances don't hamper your efforts in acquiring a copy (or a few if you're troop building). ;)

Yeah. If it's not this week, should be next. ;)

On 26/3/2018 at 11:09 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

It could take some time, but I totally see Bandai releasing an all white VF-1 for custom heads at some point.

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

VE-1, VF-1A Hikaru, and then VT-1.  I think the Tomahawk or Nousjadeul-Ger will be next.

Or Max's VF-1A DYRL or Kakizaki's VF-1A DYRL first then Tomahawk or some enemy mechs. But since VF-1 is much the safer route, they might follow it with Max's VF-1A TV and Kakizaki's VF-1A TV and announce a Max's VF-1S for an exclusive release. ^_^

Does anyone in Asia know how well or not the HMR  Destroids have sold overall? It looks like they've sold decently from my perspective. I know the Yamato 1/60's were shelf warmers (that now command double MSRP, probably because they sold so poorly Arcadia would likely never reissue so.. scarcity). I know the Regults seemed to fly off shelves and the Glaug seems to be a shelf warmer strangely. Heck it's even on Amazon Prime for $128 still since release. The Monster still lingers also but I'm sure it's due to the price tag (even though it's worth every dime of it). I'm concerned about them pulling a Yamato and pulling plug on Destroids before we get em all. And we all know we gotta Pokémon em.  

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

5 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I was wondering... is there a toy for the destroid that looks like it has 2 giant barrels containing missiles instead of arms? Not sure what the mech is called.

SDR-04-Mk XII Phalanx

not sure if it has a HMR yet, but bandai has a 1/100 and wave has a 1/72

Edited by Nyankodevice

14 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I was wondering... is there a toy for the destroid that looks like it has 2 giant barrels containing missiles instead of arms? Not sure what the mech is called.

Sounds like maybe you're talking about the Tomahawk? Except they're particle beam cannons not missile launchers. If this is what you're after, it hasn't been released in HMR yet, but is available in other lines.

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie