Hi-Metal R

joppewo

@SuperDimensionalDave, @no3Ljm, @Shizuka the Cat, @Slave IV: Don't forget the Pro-culture City as well (if Arcadia's version is hard to acquire) . :) 

Just a thought: I know that the launch arm was teased upon the showing of the HMR display, how is weight distribution going to be effected when the arms are extended and with the claws holding the valk at the same time without tipping over (is it going to be like the Yamato Valk stand to a degree)? :huh:

41 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

6F175550-3F01-4E58-B01C-76A3194315A2.jpeg.5381a1cc10ac978654dc4b0d880f3e43.jpeg

I’ll probably buy just the plain white version and the CF version.

Sales details in April.

Cool update. ;) Question though, did they actually mentioned that it comes pre-colored as what they've shown or just in white? Sorry, I don't check Facebook that much to follow their page. I rather browse MWF everyday instead. ^_^

22 minutes ago, borgified said:

@SuperDimensionalDave, @no3Ljm, @Shizuka the Cat, @Slave IV: Don't forget the Pro-culture City as well (if Arcadia's version is hard to acquire) . :) 

Just a thought: I know that the launch arm was teased upon the showing of the HMR display, how is weight distribution going to be effected when the arms are extended and with the claws holding the valk at the same time without tipping over (is it going to be like the Yamato Valk stand to a degree)? :huh:

Hmmm. I think it's probably safe to always put a pillow where the display is. ;)

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool update. ;) Question though, did they actually mentioned that it comes pre-colored as what they've shown or just in white? Sorry, I don't check Facebook that much to follow their page. I rather browse MWF everyday instead. ^_^

They’re all colored variants.

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It is an excellent news indeed. ;)

Until ofcourse next week's preorder frustration's post for not securing one due to spinning rainbow ball, webpage not loading properly, cartjacking, etc, etc. ^_^

Very true, although I haven't had any issues with past orders (thankfully). Here's hoping this one goes as smoothly.

Same.  I’ve never had any issues either.  As long as I’m there on preorder night (technically preorder morning) I usually can secure orders of my choosing.  The HMR preorders are smoother than the DX preorders and sometimes HMR preorders are still open at some places the following day(s).

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I would think all variants would be done eventually though it might take a while. I'm betting that @sh9000 will make a VF-1D custom out of a spare VT-1 before Bandai makes one.

It would truly be a custom as the 2 valks have different 2 seat configurations and chest pieces. Unless you meant a VT-1 in a VF-1D trainer scheme?

72CCE7A3-ABFB-40D3-8437-D7196A82ABDB.jpeg.9287d306177c020c8c47e4b3b209b92c.jpeg

Here’s my DYRL CF variant.

8 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I would think all variants would be done eventually though it might take a while. I'm betting that @sh9000 will make a VF-1D custom out of a spare VT-1 before Bandai makes one.

Yeah I still plan on making one.  Put on one of my VF-1D heads, swap and paint the back parts of Battroid mode to have larger tail fins, swap and paint the wings, paint 4 black horizontal trapezoids on the chest, paint a black strip near the collar, paint the chest plate, fill in the rectangles and paint the heat shield, paint the nosecone, and modify the second seat so that the 2 pilots are level.  The canopy and chest won’t be 100% accurate but it’s alright.  When the official VF-1D comes out I’ll convert my custom into a battle damaged VF-1D.

Regular HMR = available at every store, usually marked down below MSRP. The benefit is that you can get the toy for below MSRP right away. The downside is that they sell out very quickly and most stores limit you to one (for people who want multiples)
P Bandai, AKA Premium Bandai, AKA Tamashii Web Exclusive (TWE) is only available through the Tamashii website to Japanese residents. If you want one outside of Japan, you have to go to a middle man. There are a number of stores that act as a middle man but you have to pay full MSRP + Japan Tax + a middle man surcharge. The benefit of TWE releases is that a preorder window stays open for a set amount of time (like a month)  and you can order as many as you want. 

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

Regular HMR = available at every store, usually marked down below MSRP. The benefit is that you can get the toy for below MSRP right away. The downside is that they sell out very quickly and most stores limit you to one (for people who want multiples)
P Bandai, AKA Premium Bandai, AKA Tamashii Web Exclusive (TWE) is only available through the Tamashii website to Japanese residents. If you want one outside of Japan, you have to go to a middle man. There are a number of stores that act as a middle man but you have to pay full MSRP + Japan Tax + a middle man surcharge. The benefit of TWE releases is that a preorder window stays open for a set amount of time (like a month)  and you can order as many as you want. 

Ok, so there is no difference regarding the toy itself then? It's not like a TWE is some special edition with extra stuff?

21 minutes ago, jenius said:

Thanks @jenius

I noticed the TWE of the HMR VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) over at AmiAmi for 12,480 yen, and wondered what make it special.

P.S,

You won't taunt me with your siren calls for HMR valkyries.... even the Hikaru VF-1J you pointed out to me. I will resist!  Oh look, a sealed HMR VE-1 Elintseeker for 7560 yen. Oh dear...

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

4 minutes ago, Flyalone said:

May I know what are the available middle man site to buy the HI METAL MACROSS 

You mean the TWE ones? If so, Anime-export, CDJapan and Nippon Yasan. NY being the one I prefer because they consistently have the lowest prices and keep the order period open longest. 

29 minutes ago, Flyalone said:

thanks I was browsing through and saw this HJ hobby offering HI Metal too , is it TWE as well ..

I fell in love with the hi metal 

I'm not sure I've heard of HJ Hobby. There is HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) and they do not normally carry TWE figures. I know there are some others that do but can't remember off the top right now. Actually Mykombini is one of them. 

I understand your love for HMR! I resisted the line for a long time and fell in love when I got my first one (Regult). Then I had to have them all and luckily only had to pay over msrp for the GBP. I skipped the Hikaru 1S because I didn't want to pay the price for it and don't mind because they announced the 1A version that I have preordered. 

4 minutes ago, Flyalone said:

Hi pardon my ignorance if HLJ is not carrying TWE Figures ..is the HI metal they offer on preorder real ?.

Real? They are a legit shop so anything they offer for sale is "real" or official if that's what you mean. They just don't normally carry TWE releases because they are generally not doing middleman/proxy business, just direct retail. The only instance of a TWE HMR they sold that I remember is the VF-1S Roy and it was a long time after the release and only offered during a special sale they had so it was a one off situation.

arr thanks ..finally I understand the difference ..

I guess the couple of HMR i got is normal release . even that pre-order go out quite fast too..any other site i can purchase normal relese as well ?? the HIKARU 1a pre order is closed at HLJ Well

the TWE VF 1S Roy is the one I had been looking for a long time but price is steep as well .. 

1 hour ago, Flyalone said:

arr thanks ..finally I understand the difference ..

I guess the couple of HMR i got is normal release . even that pre-order go out quite fast too..any other site i can purchase normal relese as well ?? the HIKARU 1a pre order is closed at HLJ Well

the TWE VF 1S Roy is the one I had been looking for a long time but price is steep as well .. 

Not sure why my previous response to your other question was deleted. Maybe I'm not allowed to answer your questions but I'll try again. Regular release preorders generally go faster than TWE ones because TWE releases stay open for preorder for a set amount of time while regular release items have a set amount and when it's done, it's done. Could be within seconds at many shops. It's kind of backwards the way it seems. 

I’m not sure if the original question was regarding items available as twe having different parts. Most have just been repaints, like the Millia 1j or the Roy 1s. The Roy did come with an exclusive stand not in the Hikaru 1s, but the Millia was just a recolor of the Max 1j. The twe Regult double pack has a few extras like small and large missile launchers and were also marked different than the standard Regult. I may have missed one on the hmr twe list, but there was also the missile effect parts and a few items for the old hi metal series like super parts and repaints as well.

Still waiting on a TV Roy VF-1S, a VF-1D and Max and Kakizaki's TV VF-1A variants. Also, when are the Tomahawks supposed to go up for preorder?

076DFB8B-A4B9-4208-9C05-A28920C63CC7.jpeg.d1570a80abcb9fd1b0daafb7b38260eb.jpeg

Found a cool Angel Birds on facebook.  I still plan on making several of these without the armor.  I should probably be working and finishing some more customs in a couple of months.  Our baby is turning 1 next month.  Time flies.

Now with the upcoming release on VT-1 Valk in orange scheme  Could you guys tell what´s the chance for the VF-1D to be released?..

Taking in account VF-1D is my personal holy grail and my budget is limited for only one valk in orange scheme, Would you recommend to go for the VT-1 or to wait for the VF-1D to be released some day?  ...Would you say VF-1D will be realeased for sure eventually???

Thanks in advance for advice...

8 minutes ago, VALKYRIE ACE PILOT said:

Now with the upcoming release on VT-1 Valk in orange scheme  Could you guys tell what´s the chance for the VF-1D to be released?..

Taking in account VF-1D is my personal holy grail and my budget is limited for only one valk in orange scheme, Would you recommend to go for the VT-1 or to wait for the VF-1D to be released some day?  ...Would you say VF-1D will be realeased for sure eventually???

Thanks in advance for advice...

The 1D is the only two-pilot Valkyrie in SDF Macross. Given that BANDAI have started releasing the other two-pilot Valks, I would say it shouldn't be too far away. Or you could buy the Super Ostrich and the VF-1D Virgin Road to get a 1D. :)