Hi-Metal R

joppewo

22 hours ago, Sildani said:

Nowhere. It was a fan-made scrachbuilt Model a while back in Model Graphix magazine (pretty sure that’s the one) and it’s never really left the Macross consciousness. 

Good call! I think I remember that now.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20170514_234125.jpg.bec7fd3fbcb5ce

large.20170514_234132.jpg.c873862d449b1f

Wasn't that supposedly the updated GBP Armour after seeing it in action in DYRL and the Reaction Armour for the VF-0s in Zero Series (even though it's scaled in 1/72 size)?  

11 hours ago, Nyankodevice said:

Valkryries :3

the VF-2SS is quite big!

Hey Nyanko, I'll take that SDF-1 off your hands if you don't need it:p

I'm impressed with their update. Might get one once it gets released. Thunder Hammer color is cool. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/FEXT-HOBBY-1641462599257543/

Armour suits on - full picture revealed!

Pls. stay tuned for our full color version armour!

This is not a plastic model kit, it’s a ready made Armour accessories for 1:100 HMR series!

xiFKmOo.jpg

vsRQrvq.jpg

dj17mln.jpg

HUXUKoZ.jpg

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

How much?

$160.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm impressed with their update. Might get one once it gets released. Thunder Hammer color is cool. ^_^

Thanks for posting the updated photos.  The order details for the armor is coming soon.  This is also their first item that they’re working on with possibly other types of HMR scaled items/upgrades later.  Can’t wait.

23 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very nice; I have a naked vf-1j this would look good on. 

Will they have issues selling unlicensed accessories?

Well, it's a custom kit bash so I'm not sure if that person needs to be acknowledge or get paid. Unless Big West bought the rights on that design from that person then yeah, it might have copyright issues. But don't quote me on that. I'm just guessing. ;)

3 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

What, exactly, is the history behind that armor? I've seen kitbashes of it over the years, and I just assumed it was a fan being creative. I've never seen that armor in Macross or DYRL. Looks awesome, though. Does the VF-1 still transform with the armor on?

It's just a custom kit-bash and it didn't get featured from any of the series, games, and movies. And no. The VF-1 doesn't transform with the armors on. Even with the official GBP one.

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks for posting the updated photos.  The order details for the armor is coming soon.  This is also their first item that they’re working on with possibly other types of HMR scaled items/upgrades later.  Can’t wait.

You're welcome. Can't wait for the order details too. Hopefully it's not as much as $100 something. If it comes already pre-painted and with markings, I've give it a go. ^_^

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

xiFKmOo.jpg

vsRQrvq.jpg

dj17mln.jpg

HUXUKoZ.jpg

Most impressive!

Not a big fan of the Thunder Hammer, but will encourage greater things via a purchase or two (is the the plan to make this available for purchase?)....it should fit the original Hi-Metal VF-1J too right?

$160 oh me oh my lol

Welp maybe the timing of this release will coincide with a lull in others and allow me to buy one. I go back and forth on the valks in his line, though I am a big fan of the destroids!

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

(is the the plan to make this available for purchase?)....it should fit the original Hi-Metal VF-1J too right?

Yes.  Order details will come soon and it looks it can fit the older HM.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

$160 oh me oh my lol

Welp maybe the timing of this release will coincide with a lull in others and allow me to buy one. I go back and forth on the valks in his line, though I am a big fan of the destroids!

$160 was the price of the 1/100 Rabbit and figures.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Just found out some great news.  There will be a Fanliner and Fan Racer set that I can order in 1/100 scale.  They are going to be cool next to HMR.

From the same group that does the Thunder Hammer?

Forgot to clarify.  Plastic Cretins will be making a set of the Fanliner and Fan Racer.  I’m going to order them in 1/100 scale.  The HMR and 1/100 collection will keep growing.

12 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Complete with Misa and Kaifun, it would seem. Now you really need that HMR VT-1. (And a few N-Gers...)

Definitely.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Just found out some great news.  There will be a Fanliner and Fan Racer set that I can order in 1/100 scale.  They are going to be cool next to HMR.

so do they have a page / shop 

22 minutes ago, Nyankodevice said:

so do they have a page / shop 

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Forgot to clarify.  Plastic Cretins will be making a set of the Fanliner and Fan Racer.  I’m going to order them in 1/100 scale.  The HMR and 1/100 collection will keep growing.

Definitely.

Here's Plastic Cretins Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PlasticCretins/