Hi-Metal R

joppewo

59 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I never noticed how different the VE-1 is, as seen on screen, compaired to all the toys/models/and even line art. The leg fast packs look different, the lower sensor mast is different, no antenna on the sides of the booster packs...which themselves look different too. The left wing appears to have an antenna coming off of the end and the Radom are looks different too. 

Chris

I just noticed that as well.  The antenna on each super pack is absent in.  I wonder why such liberty was taken with making the toys of the ve-1 vs how accurate they made the recent vf-1's from DYRL 

2 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I just noticed that as well.  The antenna on each super pack is absent in.  I wonder why such liberty was taken with making the toys of the ve-1 vs how accurate they made the recent vf-1's from DYRL 

It looks like the arm holding the radome is angled backwards not forwards too.

2 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I noticed that too when Yamato VE-1 came out but I'm pretty sure those liberty were approved by Kawamori himself. ;) 

11 hours ago, Dobber said:

I never noticed how different the VE-1 is, as seen on screen, compaired to all the toys/models/and even line art. The leg fast packs look different, the lower sensor mast is different, no antenna on the sides of the booster packs...which themselves look different too. The left wing appears to have an antenna coming off of the end and the Radom are looks different too. 

Chris

11 hours ago, Tallman said:

Also the radome is larger, wings are little longer, and the flight is more compact on height. The HMR VE-1 looks similar to yamato 1/60 VE-1 (Ver 1). I guess HMR made this VE-1 was not base on DYRL VE-1.

10 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

It looks like the arm holding the radome is angled backwards not forwards too.

The FAST packs also have more greenish tint in the blu-ray version of the movie than the traditional light-gray of the toys. 

The old dvd-versions had more blue-ish tint on the FPs, fwiw.

I'm not sure if this has been posted in some past page, but there has been a new Hi-Metal R Preorder in AmiAmi of a VF 1A Super Valkyrie of Hikaru with Super parts-movie version if someone  interested:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-035168&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmacross%24s_sortkey%3Dpriced%24s_st_list_preorder_available%3D1%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Never got a High Metal R cause  height and weight are very important factors for me in a collectable, but this is very tempting since it has my favorite Valkyrie colors :D , so who knows.

2 hours ago, Alex GS said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted in some past page, but there has been a new Hi-Metal R Preorder in AmiAmi of a VF 1A Super Valkyrie of Hikaru with Super parts-movie version if someone  interested:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-035168&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmacross%24s_sortkey%3Dpriced%24s_st_list_preorder_available%3D1%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Never got a High Metal R cause  height and weight are very important factors for me in a collectable, but this is very tempting since it has my favorite Valkyrie colors :D , so who knows.

Yes the preorder originally opened in November.

6 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Self plug, anymoon.com has a release schedule where you can see all the upcoming releases, it's updated about every two to three weeks...

Edited by jenius

19 hours ago, jenius said:

I would guess BigWest provides the reference materials that the toy manufacturers use which would explain why the VE-1 looks the way it does in toy form and has looked pretty much the same since Bandai's first 1/55.

This is pretty much it, I think.  The toys all reference the original concept art for the VE-1, which showed all the details of it in different modes.  DYRL just never showed enough of the design for most of the art to make it on-screen.

My SAL package is out for delivery, that took what 11 calendar days?  Not bad, especially considering I already own nine of them so no rush.

Also any speculation on when the next toy release date will be made?

17 minutes ago, amptor said:

My SAL package is out for delivery, that took what 11 calendar days?  Not bad, especially considering I already own nine of them so no rush.

Also any speculation on when the next toy release date will be made?

Next one is on April. Hikaru's VF-1A.

http://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/1/?number=20&order=new&brand=hi-metal_r&ck1=1&ck2=1&wovn=en

44 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

First time putting the Super Parts on them in Fighter mode.

Cool. That's the way I've been doing their super parts as well. I don't think I ever used their included gray parts. 

Did you also paint the gray areas white, like on the nose? I really wish Bandai had just gone with white on the pair from the factory.

Hey sh9000. Quick question on your M&M's. I was trying to remove the missile pod out from the booster on mine but it won't budge. I'm planning on replacing it with the Strike Cannon. I don't want to force it but just want to ask how much force did you put to pull those things?

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Cool. That's the way I've been doing their super parts as well. I don't think I ever used their included gray parts. 

Did you also paint the gray areas white, like on the nose? I really wish Bandai had just gone with white on the pair from the factory.

Thanks.  Did you paint the rest of the Milia’s side leg armor red and Max’s blue and their visors darker gray?

I didn’t paint any of the areas white.  I’m probably just going to leave it like that although the white on the HM VF-1J Max and VF-1S Messer are still nice.  Yeah I wish the pair was white to begin with.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey sh9000. Quick question on your M&M's. I was trying to remove the missile pod out from the booster on mine but it won't budge. I'm planning on replacing it with the Strike Cannon. I don't want to force it but just want to ask how much force did you put to pull those things?

Pull hard as those inner clips are latched on pretty strong.

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  Did you paint the rest of the Milia’s side leg armor red and Max’s blue and their visors darker gray?

No, I just swapped super parts around. I was hesitant to do anything non-reversible on them, especially for Milia as I only have one of her.

Here's a photo from a ways back:

IMG_1448.JPG

On 2/24/2018 at 9:28 PM, treatment said:

The FAST packs also have more greenish tint in the blu-ray version of the movie than the traditional light-gray of the toys. 

The old dvd-versions had more blue-ish tint on the FPs, fwiw.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:49 AM,  Dobber said: 

Chris

These differences about the official line art and movie-anime details has also bugged me for ages...

The leg fast packs are the same than the Ostrich on the movie version. And what about those protruding sensor/winglets in them?

The lower radar/antenna array is bigger, more organic and more mobile than the stiff toys/ line art counterpart.

I also wonder about the protruding antennae at the end of the wing, and the small “exhaust port” angled backwards under the radome dish

Edited by 007-vf1

8 hours ago, 007-vf1 said:
   On 2/24/2018 at 9:49 AM,  Dobber said: 

Chris

These differences about the official line art and movie-anime details has also bugged me for ages...

The leg fast packs are the same than the Ostrich on the movie version. And what about those protruding sensor/winglets in them?

The lower radar/antenna array is bigger, more organic and more mobile than the stiff toys/ line art counterpart.

I also wonder about the protruding antennae at the end of the wing, and the small “exhaust port” angled backwards under the radome dish

Yup, all things I as referring to as well. Some of the dimensional differences are understandable as it is a stylized hand drawn piece of art. But the detail differences are quite extensive.

Chris

Got my copy of the HMR VF-1J with the GBP on Monday and got nabbed by Canada Post Customs for approximately $45 CND import tax.. Now waiting for the Super Ostrich as I'm focusing  the the ones that I need.

Will be getting Q-raus and possibly the other Zentradi/Meltrandi mechs (skipped on the Regults and the Glaug).

I couldn't decide if I was in on this line or not. I opened up my Elintseeker last night and ended up ordering Max and Miriya this morning for $290 shipped.