Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I've been Liking most of the pics, but didn't noticed until now you could Up or Downvote. I was worried I may have been Downvoting all this time unknowingly, so I just voted on Jenius' review above to make sure, but looks like Upvote is the default action, so all is good. Keep posting pics! 

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

the more i fiddle with the hmr elintseeker the more i want to get a third, sigh! so many display options, with/without supers,  radome and the whole valk is just so secure!

nice review jenius..B)) for a moment at the start u sounded different until i wondered if it was you! video quality and AF is great!

Just out of curiosity @jenius, what prices do you use for the "official" release price?  Is it from the Bandai website?

I only ask, because you have the HMR elintseeker listed at 9,000 yen, when almost every place that carries it has it somewhere in the 6-7k yen range.  Normally your listed prices are a pretty good average of the release price, but this one seems a bit off.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Just out of curiosity @jenius, what prices do you use for the "official" release price?  Is it from the Bandai website?

I only ask, because you have the HMR elintseeker listed at 9,000 yen, when almost every place that carries it has it somewhere in the 6-7k yen range.  Normally your listed prices are a pretty good average of the release price, but this one seems a bit off.

It's from Bandai's website minus the 8% tax. You can check the Macross Toy Release thread for info on the MSRP for releases to use as a quick reference to compare when shopping around.

Edit: The release thread has been updated till December 2017 so there might be some missing info until the OP can update it.

Edited by wmkjr

HMR VE-1 arrived yesterday from AmiAmi (not too picky about the slightly damaged box as I'm not a MISB type of person as the actual listing says it was pre-owned). Still in the hunt for the HMR VF-1J with GBP and may get the Ostrich down the road. 

DSC00737.jpg

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just wondering, does anyone know if the old HM VF-1S and the HMR VF-1S share the same head connection? I've been wondering about swapping the new (and better looking) VF-1S head off my HMR Messer onto my old HM VF-1S Roy.

Yeah, it will swap. Though in my experience, the peg on the HMR head is just a tiny bit smaller, so it's a bit looser on the body. And you'd still have a blue visor of course.

IMG_2844.JPG

22 minutes ago, Delta said:

Sadly there's a black paint smudge on the other side of the nose.  What would be a safe way to take that off?  Just a bit of rubbing alcohol?

I think you'll need something quite a bit stronger. I was trying to strip an HMR (the tampo, which might be tougher) and 90% isopropyl alcohol wouldn't touch it. 

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think you'll need something quite a bit stronger. I was trying to strip an HMR (the tampo, which might be tougher) and 90% isopropyl alcohol wouldn't touch it. 

Oof.  Well I'll give something a try tomorrow and see what happens!

2 hours ago, Delta said:

GDbZGAX.jpg

Just got my ELINT Seeker today and it is lovely!  Sadly there's a black paint smudge on the other side of the nose.  What would be a safe way to take that off?  Just a bit of rubbing alcohol?

Now that i have gone into the other room and confirmed my HM-R Elint Seeker's nosecone is brown/tan plastic, and not painted grey plastic, I would get a q-tip and dab some Winsor & Newton BRUSH CLEANER & RESTORER on there and stroke carefully. I'd probably be bold but it could not hurt to mask off other areas. that stuff has worked well for me removing paint. And I use it often to clean my airbrush as well as bristle paintbrushes. 

YMMV

8 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Now that i have gone into the other room and confirmed my HM-R Elint Seeker's nosecone is brown/tan plastic, and not painted grey plastic, I would get a q-tip and dab some Winsor & Newton BRUSH CLEANER & RESTORER on there and stroke carefully. I'd probably be bold but it could not hurt to mask off other areas. that stuff has worked well for me removing paint. And I use it often to clean my airbrush as well as bristle paintbrushes. 

YMMV

Not sure I have something quite on that level on hand, but I'll keep that in mind if it's needed.  Thank you!

Honestly I'd just take an exacto knife and scrape it off, then buff the area.

Picked up my Elintseeker this morning, the changes between it and a normal VF-1 are interesting.

[edit] Also, it really needed to come with a stand.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Does the type of grey of the CF VF-1A come close to the grey of the VE-1?

12 hours ago, amptor said:

I want to see what sh9000 does with his new valks :D also still want to see that custom Max that he was working on :)

Do you mean my custom VF-1A Cavaliers?  Yeah I haven’t worked on it.

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just wondering, does anyone know if the old HM VF-1S and the HMR VF-1S share the same head connection? I've been wondering about swapping the new (and better looking) VF-1S head off my HMR Messer onto my old HM VF-1S Roy.

Make sure to paint match the head because they’re both different types of white.

4 hours ago, Delta said:

Just got my ELINT Seeker today and it is lovely!  Sadly there's a black paint smudge on the other side of the nose.  What would be a safe way to take that off?  Just a bit of rubbing alcohol?

Since the black paint is on the plastic of the nose I would carefully scrape it off.

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I’ve used ELO to remove the red stripes off a VF-1J Hikaru before.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Honestly I'd just take an exacto knife and scrape it off, then buff the area.

Picked up my Elintseeker this morning, the changes between it and a normal VF-1 are interesting.

[edit] Also, it really needed to come with a stand.

The only HMR valks that has a stand are the VF-1J (M&M), VF-1S Messer, and the DYRL Strike Roy (If you did the pre-order or the other option is to see if the stand is up for grabs) to the best of my knowledge. 

You could get the Stage Act 5 stands through your local going hobby shop that sells them.

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

The only HMR valks that has a stand are the VF-1J (M&M), VF-1S Messer, and the DYRL Strike Roy (If you did the pre-order or the other option is to see if the stand is up for grabs) to the best of my knowledge. 

You could get the Stage Act 5 stands through your local going hobby shop that sells them.

I just threw it on a spare from my Missile Regult set.