Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Your order of the HMR VE-1 should be arriving soon @Roy Focker.

I ordered the last copy of the HMR VF-2ss from Manda on the last weekend of January, made the payment on the same day and chose Eco Sal for shipment. Was ready for shipment as of the 30th, mailed on the 5th and just arrived at my doorstep 20 mins ago.. However, I got nabbed at Canada Post Customs at YVR for $26.60. As the quote goes: "You can't win them all" :rolleyes:   

DSC00736_LI.jpg

9 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

2 weeks later and my VE-1 is still listed as being in Japan.  Cleared Japan's office of the exchange on the 5th and that's the last reported status. 

Mine just arrived, well technically, just released from customs. Also, the JP tacking system is simply sh*t 'cause  according to the JPPost site, it's still at  " dispatch from outward office of exchange"

45 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Mine just arrived, well technically, just released from customs. Also, the JP tacking system is simply sh*t 'cause  according to the JPPost site, it's still at  " dispatch from outward office of exchange"

The Japan post stops tracking after it leaves Japan.  You need to use whatever your local tracking is after that.

42 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

The Japan post stops tracking after it leaves Japan.  You need to use whatever your local tracking is after that.

Note that this doesn't mean your local tracking service will pick it up in any reasonable time either.  I've had packages arrive before USPS ever marked them as arriving in-country.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Note that this doesn't mean your local tracking service will pick it up in any reasonable time either.  I've had packages arrive before USPS ever marked them as arriving in-country.

Yup. By the time JP Post acknowledges that it arrived in local customs, it's either in my hands already or still in transit.

9 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Nope. It still registers arrival at my local post office (X indicates it already arrive to my country). Hit or miss at times if it accurately states it's already with customs or out of customs and in my hands already.

Track.jpg

Edited by fenrir72

25 minutes ago, GobotFool said:

Hey do the 2 regults with the missile pods also come with option parts to make them up as standard regults as well? If that's the case I figure I'll just pick up the missile pod set and just ignore the basic regult Bandai made.

Yup, you can put the normal guns on rather than the missile pods.

They do have different markings than the standard Regults though.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, you can put the normal guns on rather than the missile pods.

They do have different markings than the standard Regults though.

Didn't notice the different markings til you pointed them out. Guess I may still pick of the plain vanilla battle pod when the time comes.

Opened up my VE-1. Surprisingly, I like it a lot more than the regular HMR VF-1 releases. The extra packs really hide the ugly HMR fighter mode (I said the same thing way back when we got Hikaru's Strike 1S) and makes it look so much better. And, strangely enough, the tabs actually hold the legs in place in fighter mode, something that was a real problem on my past HMRs.

It's a step down from the Yamato VE-1, but if you missed out on that, this one is fine. Why, the VE-1 is positively adequate. Adequatulent, even! 

Is the radome supposed to sit that high? It looks weird like that.

It's not perfect though. It has a crooked nose, like it got broken in a bar fight and didn't heal right. :p That UN Spacy kite is comically large; I measured it and it's even bigger than the 1/60 version. My copy also has a nasty paint splash on the cockpit UN Spacy kite.

5a85bcf3821cd_HMRVE-1001.jpg.5fbf74317e7cf036d60b49b23d1e6023.jpg

Love that HMR quality!

5a85bcf481757_HMRVE-1002.jpg.0dd9c8185701e984362ba1361728a895.jpg

With its big brother.

5a85bcf5b9517_HMRVE-1003.thumb.jpg.8259455c35b3d49e597a77778a3a4d06.jpg

58 minutes ago, Mommar said:

What shipping did you choose?

Unregistered SAL, which, as experience would have it, usually takes an average of 3 weeks to reach me in the East Coast.  I've had things arrive in as little as 1 week (very rarely) and as long as just over 4 weeks (on a couple of occasions).

I haven't received my VE-1 from amiami yet. I should have it early next week. I just opened my first 2 Hi metal R valks the other day ( Messer VF-1, and Hikaru's VF-1J.  They are fine, but I wasn't blown away by them.  I've got a couple of  weeks to decide if I'm going to buy more since I blew this months toy budget on Macross stuff already. 

51 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

For some reason, someone's been downvoting almost every post with a photo over the last 2 pages. Not sure what's up with that; since they're on topic with HMR, and I personally always love seeing new pics. I decided to pass on the VE-1, so it's great seeing all the shots from others here.

I noticed the same. 

Could be somenone from Toynami?

:lol:

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

For some reason, someone's been downvoting almost every post with a photo over the last 2 pages. Not sure what's up with that; since they're on topic with HMR, and I personally always love seeing new pics. I decided to pass on the VE-1, so it's great seeing all the shots from others here.

It seems to be focused on specific posters by the looks of it. Heck, I didn't notice it until you mentioned it.

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Been noticing this since the site’s overhaul in which we don’t have this feature before. Don’t worry about it. ;) The only time I’ll be worried is that if that ‘downvoting’ is going to affect my money. If not, the heck with it. They can downvote my posts everytime. So please feel free to downvote this everyone. ^_^