Hi-Metal R

joppewo

33 minutes ago, jenius said:

Huh, so I'm not the only one with a regult set stuck in customs huh? It's lame.

I don't know what's keeping yours but here in Mexico customs apparently is still overwhelmed with all the online purchases of the last Holiday season. I've learned patience, but I wish I could show off my purchases at around the same time as everybody else for once.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Huh, so I'm not the only one with a regult set stuck in customs huh? It's lame.

My amiami orders post January 6 still hanging. It's February 2,2018. Usually I'd have expected mine 3rd week of January tops.:( So yes. Very lame indeed!

Just now, Lolicon said:

USPS sucking unusually hard lately. Last couple of items I sent to some fellow MW members via 2 day priority mail took 4 and 5 days, not counting Sunday.

I wouldn't complain about 4 or 5 business days.  I have stuff coming from China taking up to 6 weeks.  Plus I have a guy on the hook on ebay for 6+ weeks from US because he doesn't have the item in hand.

1 hour ago, amptor said:

I wouldn't complain about 4 or 5 business days.  I have stuff coming from China taking up to 6 weeks.  Plus I have a guy on the hook on ebay for 6+ weeks from US because he doesn't have the item in hand.

Not even close to the same thing dude.

If people are paying for two day shipping, then it should take two damn days. It's "2 Day Priority" mail, not "2 Days or Whenever We Feel Like Delivering It" mail.

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

USPS sucking unusually hard lately. Last couple of items I sent to some fellow MW members via 2 day priority mail took 4 and 5 days, not counting Sunday.

Yup my EMS packages are taking 7-9 days when it used to be 3. Even FedEx is running behind, my HLJ shipment was due yestarday but its still stuck in customs. 

Edited by anubis20

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

100% agreement with this... I ship regularly all over the US..  in my last 4 or 5 shipments only 1 made it by its estimated delivery date.. and I have a package just lingering in Phoenix currently for about 6 days... 

@Gundam@EFSF: Your pics of the Elintseeker is also distorted in my phone as well (like Stretch Armstrong when you pull him upwards and downwards at the same time), however when you put it on landscape mode, it looks normal (I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J3 and I take it that other members use the iPhone, LG, Nexus, One plus, et all).

This looks like an interesting puzzle to solve..

Edit: I get portrait and landscape mixed up. Two different terms, like regular or legal sized paper..

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

100% agreement with this... I ship regularly all over the US..  in my last 4 or 5 shipments only 1 made it by its estimated delivery date.. and I have a package just lingering in Phoenix currently for about 6 days... 

I have to disagree because my packages have been making it in as little as a day.

22 hours ago, amptor said:

I really like this, this is the first HMR I have taken out of the package.

IMO all of the HMR are great but if you have the Monster, Armored VF-1J, Regult, Glaug, Defender, or Spartan, those are nice to take out of the package.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

For me too

Same here.

So far I’ve got a set of TV arm armor for my HM VF-1S and HMR VF-1J Max with another set coming in for my VF-1J Milia.  I’m thinking about maybe getting another set for my VF-1J Hikaru.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

So far I’ve got a set of TV arm armor for my HM VF-1S and HMR VF-1J Max with another set coming in for my VF-1J Milia.  I’m thinking about maybe getting another set for my VF-1J Hikaru.

What's your source for more copies of the TV arm parts?  Are you ordering entire kits for the parts, or have you been working with another source for just the required pieces?  I'd been considering working on a Shapeways version.

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Yup my EMS packages are taking 7-9 days when it used to be 3. Even FedEx is running behind, my HLJ shipment was due yestarday but its still stuck in customs. 

I'll totally agree 100% with this statement.  EMS was 2 -3 days maaaybe 4 if a weekend was involved in years past, but lately everything has slowed down, that being said, my HM-R Elint is waiting at the USPS office for me to try and pickup today hopefully!

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

My FedEx shipment has been stuck in Memphis customs for two days now.  I’ve never experienced that kind of wait at that location ever before.

Edited by Mommar

I just got 3 packages in the mail today.  One was shipped USPS on the 29th.  Everything seems to be flowing very well :)  Holiday season was a pain to get stuff out of China but that's all going good now too.

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

For me too

I have a feeling it's because of the script copied from his blog site that's causing the images to stretch to mobile browsers. Maybe the scripts or codes is not compatible to this Forum codes.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

What's your source for more copies of the TV arm parts?  Are you ordering entire kits for the parts, or have you been working with another source for just the required pieces?  I'd been considering working on a Shapeways version.

I’m ordering the kits for cheap mainly for the arm armor but some of the other parts, heads, and decals can still be used for other things.

1 hour ago, amptor said:

Anyone want to go back on topic? xD

Just a heads up everyone.  The Hi-Metal R VE-1 Elintseeker just got released and Hikaru's VF-1A will be released on April. Remember that. April 2018. So if you haven't placed an order on that one make sure to find one now. 

Anything else? :acute:

So, this might be a silly question.. but has anyone been able to get their VE-1 into packless fighter mode? 

Just got mine today in the mail, and I always do regular fighter first to check things out for fit, but I cannot get the tail section to fold down far enough to fit between the lower legs.  There's a block of plastic on the underside of the hinge that's clearly stopping it from folding down farther, but either it's in the wrong place, or Bandai assembled the hinge upside down. 

Or maybe they just never considered that anyone would ever want to display it without the packs, which wouldn't surprise me. :p 

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, this might be a silly question.. but has anyone been able to get their VE-1 into packless fighter mode? 

Just got mine today in the mail, and I always do regular fighter first to check things out for fit, but I cannot get the tail section to fold down far enough to fit between the lower legs.  There's a block of plastic on the underside of the hinge that's clearly stopping it from folding down farther, but either it's in the wrong place, or Bandai assembled the hinge upside down. 

Or maybe they just never considered that anyone would ever want to display it without the packs, which wouldn't surprise me. :p 

72DE4106-6DC2-440D-87E4-1B9023AECDDF.jpeg.a24ed79734348c5a84197b80875b0011.jpeg

It can be done.  This is from one of my friends on my Macross related facebook.