Hi-Metal R

joppewo

What I’ll buy:

VF-1A Armored Valkyrie Ai Ha Nagareru version (4)

VF-1EX Valkyrie Hayate and Mirage set (2)

VF-4 (3)

VF-0S (3)

VT-1 (3)

Tomahawk (9)

Phalanx (9)

DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger (7)

Launch arm stand (6)

Edited by sh9000

6 hours ago, jenius said:

The missile set was a surprise, a launch arm would be a nice second surprise.

Yea i wouldn't mind a nice surprise like that! Plus bandai gets to sell ton's of em...win-win...

Accessory parts are the untapped sub-line of HMR macross... 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

What I’ll buy:

VF-1A Armored Valkyrie Ai Ha Nagareru version (4)

VF-1EX Valkyrie Hayate and Mirage set (2)

VF-4 (3)

VF-0S (3)

VT-1 (3)

Tomahawk (9)

Phalanx (9)

DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger (7)

Launch arm stand (6)

Gee, you will need to convert a room to hold the whole army, if you havent already....

5 hours ago, arbit said:

Please Bandai, anything other than another VF-1 repaint.

This is where I'm at.  I'm even skipping the VE-1, hoping for a re-release from Arcadia.  If I don't hear anything in the next few months, maybe I'll pick up an HMR one.

But I'm pretty tired of the HMR vf-1, and I only have 3.

Bring on the enemy mecha.

Got my VE-1 in. It is wonderfully doofy in the best ugly duckling way. All these little antennas and fins and thing-of-a-ma-bobs hanging off of it give it character, if weird character. The closest thing to a complaint I have with it is the lack of a lock for the backpack beyond the hinges at the base of it and the sort-of locking of the arms since they don't sit in normal super pack position. The fighter mode stand arm works just fine though I'm happy to say. Cups around both arm's attachments and pegs solidly into them to hold on.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

I got my first VE-1 yesterday and... I'm just not enthused about it at all.  I'm not sure I want the second one coming tomorrow.  I'm not even sure I want the first anymore.  Hmm...

Why's that? If you're comparing it to the Yamato version, yeah it's definitely a downgrade, but that's true for any HMR VF. 

HMR looks best in battroid mode and weakest in fighter mode, which unfortunately is how I would want to display the VE-1. :unknw:

9 hours ago, Mommar said:

I got my first VE-1 yesterday and... I'm just not enthused about it at all.  I'm not sure I want the second one coming tomorrow.  I'm not even sure I want the first anymore.  Hmm...

Maybe it will grow on you over time.  I’d take them off your hands if you were getting rid of them but I already think I’ll have too many with 5.  

I think the VE-1 looks good in Fighter and Battroid mode and I’ll be sure to leave one in each mode.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Why's that? If you're comparing it to the Yamato version, yeah it's definitely a downgrade, but that's true for any HMR VF. 

HMR looks best in battroid mode and weakest in fighter mode, which unfortunately is how I would want to display the VE-1. :unknw:

To me, if someone’s not too happy with the HMR VE-1, I don’t see how the Yamato version would improve their opinion.

I think people liked the VE-1 because of how different it was from the regular VF, which the HMR delivers just as well as the Yamato version.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Other than the dark color they opted to go with for the "head", which was never seen onscreen anyway....looks like another great release from Bandai's HMR Macross lineup...:good:

Agreed.

I just transformed it from robot mode into jet fighter plane mode.  Awesome toy, was not hard at all just took a little bit of time.  I really like this, this is the first HMR I have taken out of the package.

18 minutes ago, amptor said:

I just transformed it from robot mode into jet fighter plane mode.  Awesome toy, was not hard at all just took a little bit of time.  I really like this, this is the first HMR I have taken out of the package.

Once you've done it once or twice the transformation is solid and easy. Main trick is knowing to get the leg swing bar down before trying to transform the arms for fighter mode, and knowing how to finangle the joints of that arm mechanism to do that easily.