Hi-Metal R

joppewo

8 hours ago, milhouse said:

That's my Gnerl! I've been meaning to post pics of it, but haven't had the time to take good pics of it cos of work, and other macross related models I'm working on... someday i'll get around to taking proper pics..... also, as an aside, I ended up finding decals and placing it over my hand painted zentraedi symbols

That’s cool!

D4D65081-618F-4DA8-9D66-5D39428F00E8.jpeg.debaafc22c52c7fdf7f01c7813c2e16a.jpeg

5DE177AD-2039-48C8-98AB-9539B21178FF.jpeg.47ae8c0c5dea87a7ef0e9a2466ff1b42.jpeg

8BE9820A-D723-4070-AFAC-318BAD890E45.jpeg.791f5e4e76a307648ecc2d1f88964a61.jpeg

Looks good.  There’s the stand adaptor.

13 minutes ago, seti88 said:

There is a statement abt the radome extending....dont see any seam lines on the radar dish tho.....:huh:

In addition to being able to rotate the disk part, the radome can extend and retract (this image is contracted state).

The radome does appear to telescope up and down on its post. Maybe the author is describing that feature?

Just now, Dobber said:

Paid for mine, as well, from AmiAmi. Does this come with a stand?

Chris

just paid for mine as well.

I haven't seen a stand mentioned. guess we'll find out soon, eh?

Edited by slide

13 hours ago, milhouse said:

That's my Gnerl! I've been meaning to post pics of it, but haven't had the time to take good pics of it cos of work, and other macross related models I'm working on... someday i'll get around to taking proper pics..... also, as an aside, I ended up finding decals and placing it over my hand painted zentraedi symbols

You did a terrific work there. I hope to be able to paint mine as good as yours

pretty...........10487293p.jpg

8 minutes ago, slide said:

pretty...........10487293p.jpg

Sweet.. Tenjin artwork on the product boxes arrives again. :wub:

Hmm.. Makes me want to pick up the VF-1J with the GBP in addition.

* Note: I somehow got GBP and GPB mixed up..

Edited by borgified

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

Easy mistake, I always forget too...The GBP HMR is fantastic! It's so good the way they made the armor attach to the figure. Highly recommended!

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Paid for mine, as well, from AmiAmi. Does this come with a stand?

Chris

Sad to say, it doesn't come with a stand as per content description. Just some joints/attachment for a display stand.

・本体
・パイロットフィギュア×2
・胸部ディテールパーツ
・小型主翼
・キャノピーカバー
・着陸脚一式
・シャッター開エアインテーク左右
・交換用手首左3種右1種
・ブースターポッド左右
・プロペラントタンク左右
・センサーブロック左右
・バックパック
・レドーム
・ディスプレイ用ジョイントパーツ一式  (<- Joint Parts for Display)

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Just paid Ami Ami.

And now I have zero pending Hi-Metal R preorders.  Come on and announce the next preorder.

I just want the Super Ostrich to come on preorder already.  Not sure yet how many I will buy maybe 9.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Just remember Grenade Box Protection and you'll always get it right. :)

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Just paid Ami Ami.

And now I have zero pending Hi-Metal R preorders.  Come on and announce the next preorder.

I still have the Hikaru Super 1A on pre order. Anxiously waiting for the Super O to go on preorder.

Chris

5 hours ago, jenius said:

You're looking at it backward, it has to telescope to not sit so high in fighter. See the old 1/55 releases.

I don't think so.  They're typically stored/launched in fighter mode. The normal operational setting wpuld be stowed in both fighter and gerwalk.  It only has to telescope for the oddity that is Battroid.

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don't think so.  They're typically stored/launched in fighter mode. The normal operational setting wpuld be stowed in both fighter and gerwalk.  It only has to telescope for the oddity that is Battroid.

Yeah, you're still backward. A toy needs to exist in a physical form where it can accomplish all three modes. In this instance, that can only be accomplished with the dome being too high in fighter and GERWALK modes unless a telescoping function is added. As you say, without the telescoping it wouldn't be able to do battroid, and we know it can and would never be made where it couldn't. Again, I refer you to the 1/55.

Yes, we can call this a semantics argument but I think it would only ever be pointed out because the 1/55 does not telescope and achieves all modes but this telescoping let's it do so in a more attractive manner. 

Edited by jenius

4 hours ago, amptor said:

Waiting for my nine orders to ship.  Sorting things out with my paypal preorder to AE so nothing has shipped yet unless Mykombini shipped mine already.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Nine VE-1's?

Yeah, that's a lot of ELINT Seekers. Not sure if even @sh9000 is getting that many. 

@amptor -- Are you just a really big fan of this and the VT-1?

Speaking of VT-1, I'd also really love to see a PO soon. But with the last HMR releases being VF-1 variants, I'm guessing Bandai will mix it up and announce something else, like a destroid maybe (hopefully the Tomahawk).

6 hours ago, amptor said:

Waiting for my nine orders to ship.  Sorting things out with my paypal preorder to AE so nothing has shipped yet unless Mykombini shipped mine already.

6 hours ago, amptor said:

I just want the Super Ostrich to come on preorder already.  Not sure yet how many I will buy maybe 9.

Are you planning on making customs with some of them or just want a squadron of 9?

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, that's a lot of ELINT Seekers. Not sure if even @sh9000 is getting that many. 

@amptor -- Are you just a really big fan of this and the VT-1?

Speaking of VT-1, I'd also really love to see a PO soon. But with the last HMR releases being VF-1 variants, I'm guessing Bandai will mix it up and announce something else, like a destroid maybe (hopefully the Tomahawk).

Yeah I only ordered 5.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Tomahawk or Phalanx would be sweet :)

Indeed.