Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

One of mine, I think the light missile one, has a weak left-knee as well. Can't even stand up, has to crouch.

Since this seems to be such a common issue this early for this release, I'm wondering if the way the regults were packaged (all crouched into a ball) has something to do with it.

I got 1 original release regult, and it is starting to get some looseness in the knees, but that took months of display with a little bit of handling.  Seems like some of the missile regults are coming out of the box loose (I know one of mine was).

5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Since this seems to be such a common issue this early for this release, I'm wondering if the way the regults were packaged (all crouched into a ball) has something to do with it.

I got 1 original release regult, and it is starting to get some looseness in the knees, but that took months of display with a little bit of handling.  Seems like some of the missile regults are coming out of the box loose (I know one of mine was).

I doubt the packaging is the cause. Like the last time I posted here, one of the screw on my VF-2SS thigh hinges got loose. And the VF-2SS was packed in a straight Battroid mode stance. Just sayin'.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I doubt the packaging is the cause. Like the last time I posted here, one of the screw on my VF-2SS thigh hinges got loose. And the VF-2SS was packed in a straight Battroid mode stance. Just sayin'.

What I mean is that maybe leaving it in the crouched pose for extended periods of time is bad for the knee joints.  I'm not really sure how long they sat around like that before actually being shipped to retailers (and then to us).  I know QC issues happen, but this seems rather wide-spread.

Or it could be totally unrelated.

19 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Since everyone I see reporting it has it on only one of their 2, and it even seems to be the same one, I suspect it's a manufacturing issue.

For me, that's a design flaw of the Regults itself for having a thinner legs and knees to support the body. And since we're getting a correct proportions on those Regults in that scale, expect those knees to be loose overtime. If only Bandai designed it with ratchet joints, it might prolong the stiffness for playing and handling. 

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Since everyone I see reporting it has it on only one of their 2, and it even seems to be the same one, I suspect it's a manufacturing issue.

Not trying to be pedantic, but just to offer some clarity.  

I've seen people report the problem on both versions now.  I think you said your light missile regult had the problem, whereas my heavy missile regult has the issue.  I think I've seen other people mentioned heavy and light having the issue.  I does seem to be either one or the other, not both in the pack?  Could be wrong on that one, but I don't think someone has mentioned both having bad knees.

We're probably chasing a wild goose at this point anyhow.  But if I had another set, I don't think I'd be letting them sit in the package, just saying. ^_^

Edited by HardlyNever

Can someone here who have the most Regults in their HM-R collections chime in here on how many in their collection that already have loose knee joints. Either it got loose just by playing and handling or just loose out of the box. :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Can someone here who have the most Regults in their HM-R collections chime in here on how many in their collection that already have loose knee joints. Either it got loose just by playing and handling or just loose out of the box. :ph34r:

sh9000, you're on bat.  Lol

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

For me, that's a design flaw of the Regults itself for having a thinner legs and knees to support the body. And since we're getting a correct proportions on those Regults in that scale, expect those knees to be loose overtime. If only Bandai designed it with ratchet joints, it might prolong the stiffness for playing and handling. 

57a723c17dbb9a35fdf8987d8184c173--chicken-legs-quotes-for-men.jpg

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

sh9000, you're on bat.  Lol

I’ll check tonight.  They are all in the crouching position in 1 detolf shelf so I’ll see if their joints are still good.

13 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

I can't figure out how to attach the 2SS with SAP to a stage stand?  Any help?

Which mode?

It plugs in behind the swing-bar thingy that you move over the head in gerwalk mode.  Jenius' video shows how to do it without SAP here, but it is the same spot with SAP, you just don't have to move the big white tab that comes out of the backpack.

Edited by HardlyNever

It’s a few sheckles cheaper at amiami:

http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-029876&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_seriestitle_id%3D8587%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

not a big hit with the kids; I think it’s the nipples

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

Checked my Regults and none of them have loose joints.  I haven’t opened and checked the Regult that I bought from spanner a long while back but I’m sure it’s fine too.

63BEFA4B-3590-4D8F-86FE-5808CE2B094C.thumb.jpeg.93d757249d51f7f99afb760a9d6e15f2.jpeg

B68B6417-B10E-4D74-9259-1E263FCE09E6.thumb.jpeg.d9fcc10f9e93e7007ca5a93876aef326.jpeg

Got some more Valkyries and an enemy mecha for the VF-2SS.

049F565B-5882-4707-B393-91576052355F.jpeg.6527889deb6d1a52d4afa9ff294229e0.jpeg

Saw the box art posted by Tenjin for the VE-1 Elintseeker.

Edited by sh9000

32 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Oooo where was this posted? This is coming out this month I think? I have a couple on order at cdjapan *hype*

Tenjin posted the pic on his instagram.  The VE-1 should come out on the 27th.  I’m going to wait until this weekend to apply my discount and pay for my several at NY.

I wonder just how they're going to handle the fighter mode stand adapter for it. They'd have to make a new one due to the VE-1's ELINT pieces on the arms, surely? Not that the lack of good connection has stopped them from just using the super parts adapter even with units that don't have those parts for a good connection.

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

This is making me salivate for a hopefully tenjin 4th sortie artbook! :wub:

What is the right hand area grey art supposed to be tho?  

It’s just the normal hand seen edge-on with the thumb pointed towards the viewer, along with the standard sensor the Elintseeker carries. 

I wish Arcadia would re-make this in 1/60. Instant buy. 

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

It’s just the normal hand seen edge-on with the thumb pointed towards the viewer, along with the standard sensor the Elintseeker carries. 

I wish Arcadia would re-make this in 1/60. Instant buy. 

Ok that seems plausible. But why waste so much space below it just to display what looks like a thumb?

The way things are going, a premuim finish Arcadia Elint would be more likely.

The elint by Yamato was already covered in tampo... I don't see how they could do a PF version which actually might make a reissue less likely since PFs appear to be part of the business model now.

Super stoked on the HMR elint. I know it won't compare to my Yamato but, I love the size and price tag, so hopefully it's fun.

Edited by jenius

On 1/16/2018 at 4:28 PM, wmkjr said:

57a723c17dbb9a35fdf8987d8184c173--chicken-legs-quotes-for-men.jpg

You're right. Who needs legs anyways? :lol:

latest?cb=20120630062609

32 minutes ago, jenius said:

The elint by Yamato was already covered in tampo... I don't see how they could do a PF version which actually might make a reissue less likely since PFs appear to be part of the business model now.

Super stoked on the HMR elint. I know it won't compare to my Yamato but, I love the size and price tag, so hopefully it's fun.

Arcadia will probably tampo the 'eye' decal on the VE-1 boosters and release it as Premium Finish version. That's instant Y30000 earnings for them. ^_^ 

My original solo issued Regult didn't have loose knee joints.  It still doesn't have them.  That's because I don't handle the toy that often and when I do I treat it like an expensive imported collectable.  Over the course of a few years of even with careful handling they'll eventually get loose.   That type of wear and tear over time is too be expected.  You don't expect to find this upfront out of the package.

This is a QC issue.