Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 12/25/2017 at 11:41 PM, Slave IV said:

I'll enjoy other people's pics and all the awesome custom work people like @sh9000 are doing. 

21 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

And @sh9000's armored CF 1A is incredible. Agreed that Bandai should eventually do this one.

21 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

SH9000, great CF Armor. I alway wondered if they were all blue in 1982's SDF Macross.

Thanks @Slave IV, @ScrambledValkyrie, and @vlenhoff.  I’m thinking of working on a Blue Spartan or VF-1A Cavaliers next.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Mine are still stuck in post office. Apparently, there is a delay in processing/deliveries since there are more packages this year because they upped the tax-free limit for stuff. I am very much tempted to just go to the post office and just claim it. Unfortunately travelling takes time and I would still have to inquire beforehand to know which post office has it. :(

And while NY typically does that (offer items at much higher prices after the initial PO is over and regular stock has come in) they have very little competition on these since there were exclusives.

Speaking of PO, the HMR Elint Seeker seems to still be available for Y7990 at MyKombini.

https://mykombini.com/en/january-2018/8561-hi-metal-r-ve-1-elintseeker-macross-do-you-remember-love-bandai-4549660192923.html

Given the limited edition nature of the Missile set release, I'm glad i secured 2 of them... one to open and one to keep MISB.  Unless Bandai decides to release each missile type Regult individually in the future, the price on this set will only go up.

Looks like anime export is finally shipping out missile regults.  They are also shipping my vf-2ss.

I agree with others that it's a shame Bandai made the missile set a web exclusive.  I'd maybe be tempted to buy another set or 2 after release if the prices didn't get crazy, but being a web exclusive they already are pretty high.  I'll save the army building for the Nous-ger or maybe the Q-rau.

40 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Looks like anime export is finally shipping out missile regults.  They are also shipping my vf-2ss.

I agree with others that it's a shame Bandai made the missile set a web exclusive.  I'd maybe be tempted to buy another set or 2 after release if the prices didn't get crazy, but being a web exclusive they already are pretty high.  I'll save the army building for the Nous-ger or maybe the Q-rau.

Who's to say those won't be exclusives?:ohmy:

48 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

B))

I’ve got a spare to work with.  Good thing those parts are removable to make it easier to paint.  Too bad the forearms aren’t removable.

Yeah, I'm sure you do! It just pains me to see one of my favorites going away for something else but it makes more sense to have an even more complete collection than having two Max's. Look forward to seeing the completed work. 

Nippon-Yassan is still processing my Regults. The Mexican customs are really slow anyway so I've learned patience a long time ago. I'm buying only the amount of pieces for a convincing diorama, so I've no need for extras, thank God: One Glaug, Three normal Regults and one missile type set so you get the idea. I'll have to get two of the Scout types tho'. I'm a sucker for that one :ph34r:  

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Who's to say those won't be exclusives?:ohmy:

Eh, anything could happen, but I don't think they would make an entire mold a web exclusive.  It seems like they do that for variants, etc. for the HMR line at least.

I could see them doing a milia q-rau as a web exclusive, though.

I'll say it again, NY not allowing TWE items to be combined after purchase in INCREDIBLY stupid. My two Missile Regult sets just got out of customs and will be delivered Saturday, I wake up this morning to two more NY emails saying my Figuarts Homecoming Home-Made Suit Spidey and MK whatever the hell MK Ironman was on in Homecoming set just shipped out, and my Robot ANIME GM Sniper just shipped, same day, an hour apart. I've asked before, well before any items shipped or were even in stock, and they really just won't allow it. And now this happens every month, I'll get two, sometimes three of four packages shipped out from them, just days apart, sometimes hours. Very frustrating.

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I'll say it again, NY not allowing TWE items to be combined after purchase in INCREDIBLY stupid. My two Missile Regult sets just got out of customs and will be delivered Saturday, I wake up this morning to two more NY emails saying my Figuarts Homecoming Home-Made Suit Spidey and MK whatever the hell MK Ironman was on in Homecoming set just shipped out, and my Robot ANIME GM Sniper just shipped, same day, an hour apart. I've asked before, well before any items shipped or were even in stock, and they really just won't allow it. And now this happens every month, I'll get two, sometimes three of four packages shipped out from them, just days apart, sometimes hours. Very frustrating.

Yeah, though if everything is still available they have let me cancel and re-order everything as one.

Going to try asking if they can add an item to an existing order, as there's a Gurren Lagann that I'd like to ship with my premium SDF-1.

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I'm sure you do! It just pains me to see one of my favorites going away for something else but it makes more sense to have an even more complete collection than having two Max's. Look forward to seeing the completed work. 

Yeah instead of a Blue Spartan I might work on a HMR VF-1A Angel Birds next from a spare VF-1J Hikaru and CF VF-1A head.  It will be less work to paint.  Work still in progress for the VF-1A Cavaliers.

72FD2461-B807-4B2C-85BE-6817F796E43A.thumb.jpeg.d16d27c20bd1dd1bb55332ad0ad5f8dd.jpeg

21 hours ago, Mommar said:

Are you going to do up his fast packs too?

Would they be the same color as the Valkyrie?

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah instead of a Blue Spartan I might work on a HMR VF-1A Angel Birds next from a spare VF-1J Hikaru and CF VF-1A head.  It will be less work to paint.  Work still in progress for the VF-1A Cavaliers.

72FD2461-B807-4B2C-85BE-6817F796E43A.thumb.jpeg.d16d27c20bd1dd1bb55332ad0ad5f8dd.jpeg

Would they be the same color as the Valkyrie?

Even if there’s no ‘canon’ supers for Cavaliers, I’m sure it’s still not going to stop you for making a custom one, right? ^_^

Btw, that’s a good Cavaliers custom figure. ;) 

19 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I could see them doing a milia q-rau as a web exclusive, though.

If the q-raus are going to be implemented in the lineup, is there a possibility that Bandai might look back into the Robot Spirits (Damashii) ones and make the proper changes (if so, I can really pick up a Milia/Max dual. If not then the regular version will do also).

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Even if there’s no ‘canon’ supers for Cavaliers, I’m sure it’s still not going to stop you for making a custom one, right? ^_^

Btw, that’s a good Cavaliers custom figure. ;) 

Thanks.  I’ve seen Yamato versions with custom color and standard color fast packs and both look good on it.

Regarding the future Nousjadeul-Ger and Queadluun-Rau releases:  TWE or standard release.  Doesn’t matter.  Just release them.  All variants.

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Looking good @sh9000!

Yeah, i don't really care how the releases come, just give them all to me! It's either stay up late and frantically hope to catch a preorder or not worry about it but pay more and right away. Personally, I'd rather deal with the stress because I hate paying up front.

Thanks.  Yep same.  Just give them all to me.

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'd say make the leg packs and the main body the same color as the Valk, like Max and Milias are.  Then you can either leave the missile booms as they are or do whatever.

Thanks.  I’ll take that into consideration.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ditto on this. ^_^

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Recent Bizzaro world disscussion inspired me to take a photo...sucky photo but whatever. My desk Valk:

Macross_VF-1S_35thMesser_DSCN3308.jpg

Nice shot.

Edited by sh9000

4 minutes ago, hachi said:

My regults were delivered today! Yay! But my books from CDJ which shipped earlier weren't--too heavy for the mailman??? Anyway I'm really happy though they delivered the regults safely--they're the more expensive stuff :)

large.HMR_Regults_20171229.jpg.e60dd3641403c7c3fae61963eb02b00c.jpg

They really did some cramming with the packaging on those.

Hi Hachi, great to see the packaging on these. It's a very cool set and nice to see that you can even configure them with lasers in lieu of the missiles. 

Take care and thanks so much for sharing.