Hi-Metal R

joppewo

21 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Pretty level-headed response.  Keep posting that armada.

i have this poster on ignore so i didn't see the post till you quoted it. maybe whoever it is doesn't like spam pics? donno, it's a public forum and everyone's entitled to an opinion. i'm fine either way as i like photosB))

still waiting for my HMR vf-2ss at private warehouse, want to ship it with January pre-orders.

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i have this poster on ignore so i didn't see the post till you quoted it. maybe whoever it is doesn't like spam pics? donno, it's a public forum and everyone's entitled to an opinion. i'm fine either way as i like photosB))

still waiting for my HMR vf-2ss at private warehouse, want to ship it with January pre-orders.

Not sure why anyone would consider pics of HMR collections in the HMR thread spam...but as you say, everyone is entitled to not checking out one of the best HMR collections around when in the HMR thread.8)

47 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

A993E6F2-F2D3-40BD-B39E-6EA831528951.thumb.jpeg.f36dd98e0ab81ab85ad5073a20971746.jpeg

HMR Armored CF VF-1A.

Pretty sweet looking! I admire your dedication! My lazy ass needs bandai to just release these from the factory because I don't have the patience to do it myself anymore. 

27 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

tell, you the truth, i used to think your posts were spam too esp on defending Nippon Yasan:lol: but you stopped so i read your post now, lol 

jk, just messing with you.  like i said i don't mind the pics, pls don't lump me in together w/ the other guy, pics were never an issue with me. anyways, that the last i'll mention this. let's get back to HMR, more HMR pics guys.   

53 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Not sure why anyone would consider pics of HMR collections in the HMR thread spam...but as you say, everyone is entitled to not checking out one of the best HMR collections around when in the HMR thread.8)

Pretty sweet looking! I admire your dedication! My lazy ass needs bandai to just release these from the factory because I don't have the patience to do it myself anymore. 

Thanks Slave IV!  Hoping to work on more custom HMR spam.  Lol.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

tell, you the truth, i used to think your posts were spam too esp on defending Nippon Yasan:lol: but you stopped so i read your post now, lol 

jk, just messing with you.  like i said i don't mind the pics, pls don't lump me in together w/ the other guy, pics were never an issue with me. anyways, that the last i'll mention this. let's get back to HMR, more HMR pics guys.   

Lol, all good. I don't really care who reads what posts. I don't use the ignore function because even the most idiotic posters can be entertaining and it's always good to see different perspectives, IMO. Like my defense of NY was only by definition, in response to people "spamming" their hate for them when they already know the deal and still use them. If I had no experience and just went by those posts without someone giving a different perspective, I'd be out hundreds to thousands of dollars spending more for the same things elsewhere. I wish I had time to take some pics and post but it's been months since I even touched my camera to photo toys. Hopefully that will change in the new year. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy other people's pics and all the awesome custom work people like @sh9000 are doing. 

I'm really looking forward to the missile pod Regults!

I had no idea there was down voting in these forums, ha. I am with SlaveIV and ScrambledValkyrie. This is an HM-R thread, and there should be HM-R pictures. I read almost everyone's posts, but pictures will always win. Not only do we get to see the product upclose, we also get to see customs! Keep up the good work and post those pictures! 

SH9000, great CF Armor. I alway wondered if they were all blue in 1982's SDF Macross.

Edited by vlenhoff

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I had no idea there was down voting in these forums, ha. I am with SlaveIV and ScrambledValkyrie. This is an HM-R thread, and there should be HM-R pictures. I read almost everyone's posts, but pictures will always win. Not only do we get to see the product upclose, we also get to see customs! Keep up the good work and post those pictures! 

re: down-voting

The "down voting" feature as currently implemented in MWF is very stupid and unnecessary since it's anonymous.

It hides the mentally retarded stalkers and creeps that abuses the feature since it gives them cover to hide their pathetic lives.

Dunno why it's even on or why Invision crippled it by making it anonymous. It would be far better if it is not anonymous and you can tell who the voters are. 

A few members are decent enough to out themselves and explain why they down-voted something, but it is a pretty rare occurrence. Most that don't out themselves are low-life stalkers and creeps.

As such, the best and only thing to do is to ignore the feature altogether.  Maybe somebody will care enough to bother Shawn or Graham to disable the feature.

:unknw:

14 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

heh!

I haven't even messed with mine other than taking it out of the box when I received it.

That said, it is a very pretty valk, but it is also a rather very fiddly OCD-central figure.  Minor misalignment and stuff while just posing it in neutral mode out of the box is making me not even want to touch the figure right now...

Edited by treatment

1 hour ago, treatment said:

re: down-voting

The "down voting" feature as currently implemented in MWF is very stupid and unnecessary since it's anonymous.

It hides the mentally retarded stalkers and creeps that abuses the feature since it gives them cover to hide their pathetic lives.

Dunno why it's even on or why Invision crippled it by making it anonymous. It would be far better if it is not anonymous and you can tell who the voters are. 

A few members are decent enough to out themselves and explain why they down-voted something, but it is a pretty rare occurrence. Most that don't out themselves are low-life stalkers and creeps.

As such, the best and only thing to do is to ignore the feature altogether.  Maybe somebody will care enough to bother Shawn or Graham to disable the feature.

:unknw:

heh!

I haven't even messed with mine other than taking it out of the box when I received it.

That said, it is a very pretty valk, but it is also a rather very fiddly OCD-central figure.  Minor misalignment and stuff while just posing it in neutral mode out of the box is making me not even want to touch the figure right now...

Exactly! What's the point of liking or voting when you don't know who did it? I still use the like or up vote feature once in a while but it makes more sense to just quote and say something the way it all works. I've never downvoted because if something bothered me that much, I'd just move along rather than spend an extra second clicking a useless feature. 

Anyways, my missile Regults are on the way with the Roundface too! More HMR goodness will be in my grasp soon!

Wow a lot of butthurt over the up/downdoots lol

It’s not a big deal; just a quick and way to say if you like or dislike something. It’s not a personal attack or accolade.

If someone cared enough to actually write something about your post I’m sure they would. Otherwise the up/down vote is nice way to say yay or nay with minimal effort. 

The name calling seems a bit much; take it easy and enjoy the pics/words about toys. 

Just now, Slave IV said:

Not sure who's butthurt but now we have an idea of who uses the downvoted feature. :D

But yeah, it was a topic that came up, I'd rather move on and see more pics. Sorry I can't contribute at the moment. 

Lol I upvote stuff all the time. I don’t think I’ve ever downvoted something but I may start :)

^ Right back at ya!

I've used both before, thankfully not in this thread, but as others have said it's just a quick and easy way to express a like or dislike. In particular I upvote the hell out of pictures or posts that are particularly positive in nature and downvote posts that express or are heavy handed with the negativity. 

But yeah, I'd be perfectly fine if the feature was disabled. *Shrugs*

-b.

31 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow a lot of butthurt over the up/downdoots lol

It’s not a big deal; just a quick and way to say if you like or dislike something. It’s not a personal attack or accolade.

If someone cared enough to actually write something about your post I’m sure they would. Otherwise the up/down vote is nice way to say yay or nay with minimal effort. 

The name calling seems a bit much; take it easy and enjoy the pics/words about toys. 

yeah agree, people being too sensitive, internet whining about getting downvotes... wahhhh wahhh, who cares? it's such a little thing to get worked over. just enjoy macross.

i don't downvote bc what's the point? and speculating who did is just paranoia.  

back to HMR, i started seeing some HMR releases that are non Macross, announced. is there a thread that handles non macross HMR?     

24 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

back to HMR, i started seeing some HMR releases that are non Macross, announced. is there a thread that handles non macross HMR?     

Hey David! ;) 

As for non-Macross HMR stuff, they just post it under the Anime or Science Fiction section. But no general thread yet for all HMR releases. FYI, there’s already a Dougram and Xabungle HMR threads under that section too. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey David! ;) 

As for non-Macross HMR stuff, they just post it under the Anime or Science Fiction section. But no general thread yet for all HMR releases. FYI, there’s already a Dougram HMR thread under that section too. ^_^

thanks mate, i'll head over there and see if they posted the latest HMR release. 

43 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yeah agree, people being too sensitive, internet whining about getting downvotes... wahhhh wahhh, who cares? it's such a little thing to get worked over. just enjoy macross.

i don't downvote bc what's the point? and speculating who did is just paranoia.  

Yup. Some people are just weirdly sensitive about it. Like the Up and Down votes are very important to their sense of fulfillment or something. Bizarro mental case, if I may say so.

I don't personally care about the Down-vote feature, but I did used the Up-Vote feature when it was first implemented here or so just to try it out. I never used the Down-vote since it is quite pointless to me.  If I don't like a posting, I'll either reply to it if I care enough about the subject, or in the usual cases, I just move on without replying.

That said, the down-voting stuff was a pretty hilarious phenomenon in the 3P-TF section where TJ and Mike constantly gets "down-voted" on each and every posting they did a few months ago or so. 

As for non-Macross HMRs, I got a couple of threads in the Anime-section (Dougram and Xabungle). Just go look for it there.

Btw, I must've missed it, but was there ever a specific  schedule-announcement  on the VF2SS Nexx?

Want the bigger railgun...

Edited by treatment
forum lag

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The only time I’m going to pay attention to that upvote/downvote is if there’s a monetary incentives to it. If not, then I don’t mind people downvote me. :lol:

Well sir, I just "Liked" your post. No more Up or Down votes for me today. :p

Anyway, seriously debating on selling my remaining HMR's, I have 1 remaining of each; Regult, Hikaru 1J and the newly released 2SS. But I also have the Elint and Hikaru 1A on pre-order because I'm a Macross fiend that can't help but pre-order 90% of the stuff that's coming out.

-b.

3 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Having read all the great things about the VF-2ss can't wait for Bandai to release Nexx's. That might take a while tho' so if I can afford it among all the upcoming releases, I might grab a Sylvie in the meantime.

Temper your expectations.  It's the best version of the 2SS yet, but it's not absolutely perfect.  There's room for improvement.