Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Are the Missile Regults still available, and any recommendations on getting some? I missed the pre-orders (intentionally and now regretfully), and I haven't seen them in stock, last time I looked.

or otherwise, what's the best way to grab some enemy mecha (cost effective?)

I'm in Canada, if anyone has shipping experience

thanks

9 minutes ago, aw237 said:

Are the Missile Regults still available, and any recommendations on getting some? I missed the pre-orders (intentionally and now regretfully), and I haven't seen them in stock, last time I looked.

or otherwise, what's the best way to grab some enemy mecha (cost effective?)

I'm in Canada, if anyone has shipping experience

thanks

The online retailers are just now getting their deliveries, so they won't put anything up yet.  Once they fill their pre-orders, they will probably put some stock up, so I'd just wait a bit.

Also, keep your eye on the For Sale section here, as quite often a few members buy extra and sell them off at or near retail cost.

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Reassembled my VF-2SS and took a few quick pictures. Man, that heat shield gap...

Will get some fighter pics later; going to see TLJ right now. :)

5a3588bac0bcc_VF-2SS01.thumb.jpg.9ab1f6b8165b82d5b1637a79649c001e.jpg

5a3588bc5cffd_VF-2SS02.thumb.jpg.bd4c9e3203a936e49bbf139cedd5097a.jpg

5a3588bddf6e7_VF-2SS03.thumb.jpg.8e5702987da8e9b6eda98022e4534222.jpg

5a3588c003776_VF-2SS04.thumb.jpg.e2b685d3de77e7f7369cb4686519bb69.jpg

Great job on the decals!!!  Congrats.  I find that if you tilt his crotch forward a bit, like doing a crunch, it closes up the gap considerably - and it looks good for the pose too.

2 minutes ago, armentage said:

Can someone give me a link to the right display stands for the HiMetal R VF2SS?  I want something that will connect to the mounting pieces that came with the toy.

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/11389/?wovn=en

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/1345/?wovn=en

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_brand/tamashii_stage/?lmode=en&wovn=en

12 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Great job on the decals!!!  Congrats.  I find that if you tilt his crotch forward a bit, like doing a crunch, it closes up the gap considerably - and it looks good for the pose too.

Thanks! I'm actually eager to see what you do with yours. I know a man like you could never leave such a plain looking valkyrie untouched. ;)

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think the question he should've asked is "What stands and where can I purchase them for a reasonable price?" :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, armentage said:

Can someone give me a link to the right display stands for the HiMetal R VF2SS?  I want something that will connect to the mounting pieces that came with the toy.

Does the VF-2SS not include a stand?

VF-2SS fighter pics. Since I couldn't find any resources regarding what markings it should have, I just used the VF-1 for reference, since it's very reminiscent of Hikaru's ride.

I think it's a pretty wonky aircraft design. Having the engines so far from the main fuselage makes me think of catamarans.

Looks much better with the SAP equipped, which I have to work on next. :rolleyes:

5a37e52703b33_VF-2SS05.thumb.jpg.e924985ed11aae7d163e76b836f5ad7f.jpg

5a37e528c6c30_VF-2SS06.thumb.jpg.5e87084e965f0ee7b395124de4fc5052.jpg

5a37e52b6639c_VF-2SS07.thumb.jpg.0db7edb5bcf25ad6c82d6b0108f771b1.jpg

5a37e52cd96a6_VF-2SS08.thumb.jpg.2e0964fd74225dc4b06fb324fe2c4218.jpg

5a37e52f82c41_VF-2SS09.thumb.jpg.95746d57e143b70de32e20df1580f4ee.jpg

I think I'd like it more if Bandai hadn't made the intakes so fat. :ph34r:

5a37e531a9c5d_VF-2SS10.thumb.jpg.1dc7c0b076e06a3d3e8e04c239fe34f3.jpg

Edited by Lolicon
grammar

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

VF-2SS fighter pics. Since I couldn't find any resources regarding what markings it should have, I just used the VF-1 for reference, since it's very reminiscent of Hikaru's ride.

I think it's a pretty wonky aircraft design. Having the engines so far from the main fuselage makes me think of catamarans.

Looks much better with the SAP equipped, which I have to work on next. :rolleyes:

5a37e528c6c30_VF-2SS06.thumb.jpg.5e87084e965f0ee7b395124de4fc5052.jpg

5a37e52b6639c_VF-2SS07.thumb.jpg.0db7edb5bcf25ad6c82d6b0108f771b1.jpg

5a37e52cd96a6_VF-2SS08.thumb.jpg.2e0964fd74225dc4b06fb324fe2c4218.jpg

5a37e52f82c41_VF-2SS09.thumb.jpg.95746d57e143b70de32e20df1580f4ee.jpg

Great pictures. I agree, though, and said the same about the largeness...the problem area is the knee’s, they made them far too thick. If they just would’ve just lessened the down-ward angle from the bottom of the intakes to the “point” of the knee a bit it would’ve look fantastic.

Edited by Dobber

I'm not familiar with the design enough that I thought that about the legs, but I can agree it would make the design slicker.  I think it still looks great in fighter mode, reminds me a bit of the designs from Yukikaze.

The VF-2SS is absolutely a mess of an aircraft/ship design though.  If overtechnology was an actual thing, sure, any mechanical hip joint strong enough to make a robot stand, run and jump would probably be strong enough to lock the legs in place in fighter mode too.  In reality, and in a toy of this size?  Not so much.  It's kind of a struggle finding a place to hold this thing without knocking one or another major section out of alignment.

I did notice you didn't push the wing mounts forward all the way either.  All that tends to accomplish on mine is putting just enough pressure on the wing joints to make them flap up about 5-10 degrees. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Great pictures. I agree, though, and said the same about the largeness...the problem area is the knee’s, they made them far too thick. If they just would’ve just lessened the down-ward angle from the bottom of the intakes to the “point” of the knee a bit it would’ve look fantastic.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. The area from the intakes to the knees are just so large and bulbous in proportion to the rest of the craft. 

18 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not familiar with the design enough that I thought that about the legs, but I can agree it would make the design slicker.  I think it still looks great in fighter mode, reminds me a bit of the designs from Yukikaze.

The VF-2SS is absolutely a mess of an aircraft/ship design though.  If overtechnology was an actual thing, sure, any mechanical hip joint strong enough to make a robot stand, run and jump would probably be strong enough to lock the legs in place in fighter mode too.  In reality, and in a toy of this size?  Not so much.  It's kind of a struggle finding a place to hold this thing without knocking one or another major section out of alignment.

I did notice you didn't push the wing mounts forward all the way either.  All that tends to accomplish on mine is putting just enough pressure on the wing joints to make them flap up about 5-10 degrees. :lol: 

It's not an awful looking fighter by any means. But with the large knee area, it looks really fat in profile. It looks best if you're looking downward towards it, I think.

You're right, I did forget to push the wings all the way forward, but it seems it didn't make much difference in the straightness of the wings. Though I'm chalking that up to the fact that it's damn near impossible to get everything perfectly lined up straight. You adjust one thing, and another part gets nudged out of place. :lol:

Before pushing forward:

5a380e44cfeed_VF-2SSwingsbefore.jpg.f968467724d3cbf98c183195da3604f2.jpg

After pushing forward:

5a380e4412a9a_VF-2SSwingsafter.jpg.586744c834162e19588a9536d985a87d.jpg

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Great job, Lolicon!  :good:  ;) 

As for the fat knee, looks like I'm the only one who likes it. ^_^

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

You're right, I did forget to push the wings all the way forward, but it seems it didn't make much difference in the straightness of the wings. Though I'm chalking that up to the fact that it's damn near impossible to get everything perfectly lined up straight. You adjust one thing, and another part gets nudged out of place. :lol:

Oh, nice!  Yeah, the wings on both of mine can't do that, it's something about the little gray mounting points being too thick maybe?  Pushing the wing hinges fully forward pinches the pivots under the upper fuselage, and just raises the wing tips a bunch.

On one of my pair, the gray wing mounts were really sloppy as well, so while the wings themselves would stay in place, the gray pieces would just fall back and forth as I tilted the valk.  The other one has nice sturdy pivots, so I put the packs on the wimpy one, along with the molded single-piece wing replacement, and figure I'll just leave them mounted permanently to not have to deal with all the itty bitty removable panels.

Edited by Chronocidal

I've never been a fan of the VF-2SS but that's because I never watched MII.  You guys posting the HMR version though makes me appreciate these mess of angles and curves for the very stylised machine that it is.  And Lolicon, the work you've put into yours just makes it that much cooler.  Really like what you've done!

And agreed, definitely reminds me of Yukikaze.  The downward angle of the nose is mostly to blame I think.  That said, I like that futuristicness of the way those designs look.  And yes, I just made that word up....

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Great job, Lolicon!  :good:  ;) 

As for the fat knee, looks like I'm the only one who likes it. ^_^

I guess 35 years of Kawamori goodness has spoiled me too much. :lol:

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Oh, nice!  Yeah, the wings on both of mine can't do that, it's something about the little gray mounting points being too thick maybe?  Pushing the wing hinges fully forward pinches the pivots under the upper fuselage, and just raises the wing tips a bunch.

You might also want to check the other side of the grey plastic swivel, as it can have a tendency to slide a little out of its socket on the metal frame. That might help with the wing angle.

7 hours ago, Saburo said:

@Lolicon The shots look great and the panel lining really make the VF-2SS even better.

Thanks Saburo! I only wish I had a real camera so I could begin to take pictures anywhere near your level. :)

6 hours ago, mickyg said:

I've never been a fan of the VF-2SS but that's because I never watched MII.  You guys posting the HMR version though makes me appreciate these mess of angles and curves for the very stylised machine that it is.  And Lolicon, the work you've put into yours just makes it that much cooler.  Really like what you've done!

And agreed, definitely reminds me of Yukikaze.  The downward angle of the nose is mostly to blame I think.  That said, I like that futuristicness of the way those designs look.  And yes, I just made that word up....

Thanks! She's only half-finished at this point... :ph34r:

She's an appropriately futuristic design for 2092, I think... though in 80 years they've only moved up to the VF-2? They really are lazy and complacent in the future! :lol:

38 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So does NY tend to ship out in sequence based on when the preorder was placed? I haven't seen anything yet from them on the missile Regults, but I also placed my PO a couple weeks after many of you likely did.

Yeah I think by order number.

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So does NY tend to ship out in sequence based on when the preorder was placed? I haven't seen anything yet from them on the missile Regults, but I also placed my PO a couple weeks after many of you likely did.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I think by order number.

And it also depends too on how fast or slow they are to ship everything out their door. ^_^