Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎04 at 7:30 PM, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Missed on Sylvie (couldn't afford it at the moment), but the one I really wanted is Nexx's anyway, I just wasn't sure when would Bandai release that one if ever. Now that it's coming I'm happy I didn't get Sylvie's. Bandai might even want to tweak the flaws on Nexx's, but I'll happily take it for what it is.   

I will also take one in Nexx's version given that there was flaws on Sylvie as we have seen.

Cancelled 1 VF-2SS and now just have 5 coming in.  The 3 safe customs that I’m planning are the green stripe, Max colored, and Milia colored.

Paid $51 shipped for another Spartan.

Edited by sh9000

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Nippon Yasan just sent notice the release date of the Regult Missile set is now the 25th.

Knowing NY, I'm betting it doesn't ship till February...

Odd though that the date was moved forward from 31/12/2017 to 25/12/2017.

Is the objective to force  people to work on Christmas day or something?

7 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Odd though that the date was moved forward from 31/12/2017 to 25/12/2017.

Is the objective to force  people to work on Christmas day or something?

I think the bandai site said Dec 15 is the Japan ship date.  So maybe Dec 25th is when NY is anticipating having them ready to ship out?  I'm not sure.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000116684/

Edited by HardlyNever

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I like it, too. Have you considered making custom squadron logos for the FAST packs to match those in the movie? 

Thanks.  I haven’t thought about that.  I was thinking of maybe leaving the kite stickers on them so that they still can be used by other VF-1’s.  Do you happen to have a reference pic of the squadron logos?

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I was thinking there were more squadron logos in DYRL, but I just skimmed the movie, and only found the two below. One is a skull, but both seem to use green. I don't think we ever see kite logos on FAST packs in DYRL, for some reason. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 1.59.36 PM.png

That should (theoretically) be DYRL Kakizaki.  I'm not sure when that shot takes place, so he may actually be dead by then.  Ofc, animation errors aren't uncommon in sdf macross.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/variant-vf-1a-fastpack-kakizaki.htm

The PS2 game SDF Macross has other squadron logos as well.  While not technically cannon, the game is very faithful to the source material in most respects.  The two logos you see the most are another skull logo (but it is like a bull skull) and a sort of 3 crescent wave patter in yellow/orange.

Edit: Couldn't find a shot of the squadron logos online from the game, so I just pulled these.  Not the greatest, but maybe they'll give sh9000 inspiration.  There are a few more from the game, but these are the ones you see the most.  I could maybe get a better shot if you really want:

ps2sdfmSkull.png

ps2sdfmApollo.png

Edited by HardlyNever

9 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

That should (theoretically) be DYRL Kakizaki.  I'm not sure when that shot takes place, so he may actually be dead by then.  Ofc, animation errors aren't uncommon in sdf macross.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/variant-vf-1a-fastpack-kakizaki.htm

The PS2 game SDF Macross has other squadron logos as well.  While not technically cannon, the game is very faithful to the source material in most respects.  The two logos you see the most are another skull logo (but it is like a bull skull) and a sort of 3 crescent wave patter in yellow/orange.

That’s during the scene when Hikaru slaps Minmey because she’s reluctant to preform. Kakizaki is already gone at that point. This one gets destroyed just after that still too. I agree that it is still just skull squadron logo that would’ve been Kakizaki’s

I do like the Green arrow-head logo though. Surprised that we’ve never seen that included on decal or sticker sheets as it is the only cannon alternate logo shown in Macross.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

So, that one in particular I've seen a few places, but never quite the same twice (quite like actual aircraft in reality ^_^)  Is that from one of the old VFX games?

VF1valkyrie.gif.481fee3d05af533900a136e057cb49ba.gif

Historically speaking, that's like a mashup of a couple old F-14 squadrons, sort of a mix of VF-84 and VF-142 Ghostriders, with hints of VF-41 Black Aces.

p1886420457-3.jpg.da68dfe62395eb4e4374ee28b897ddda.jpgf14-photo-vf142-13l.jpg.16359e80352432a13b52565047e453bf.jpg

Truthfully speaking, I would easily buy multiples of any valk in schemes based on real life 1970s F-14 markings, especially if they do the scalloped white underside.

Managed to get to fighter for the first time without a Jenius video! hahaha... I kinda like it in fighter, all things considered, the more you fiddle with it and massage parts the tighter you can get everything to line up. Props to Bandai. 

20171210_152242.jpg

20171210_152316.jpg

Edited by derex3592

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Managed to get to fighter for the first time without a Jenius video! hahaha... I kinda like it in fighter, all things considered, the more you fiddle with it and massage parts the tighter you can get everything to line up. Props to Bandai. 

20171210_152242.jpg

20171210_152316.jpg

This is where the Bandai version succeeds in so many ways compared to the ET version (You can actually Swoosh away with or without the SAP attached with this one!). The 2SS Fighter mode is one of my favorites followed the VF-11 & VF-1. 

Today I'm here to bring the Macross II love. So, this VF-2SS toy basically sums up Macross II: A flawed, yet enjoyable experience. Materials and build quality on my copy is generally good, with the exception of a couple of nub marks I had to clean off with a hobby knife. Battroid is very dynamic and I love the engineering on the hip joints. I'm not sure why Bandai could not work in an ankle tilt, so that's a bummer. His cockpit needed a much meatier locking point in battroid mode and the heat shielded needed on period. Bandai's solution to the gerwalk joint is serviceable, but aesthetically ugly. Evolution toys did the gerwalk joint and the heat shield better than this toy. Gerwalk mode is ummmm yeah I'm not displaying this guy in gerwalk. Fighter mode is pretty good from most angles and only needed one more pair of tabs between the arms and the backpack. Despite my nitpicks I'm having a lot of fun with this toy and would love if Bandai made a DX chogokin one day. So, this VF-2SS toy basically sums up Macross II: A flawed, yet enjoyable experience. And if you never watched Macross II, please watch the subbed version with the blu-ray remastering. Furthermore, when you get this toy, putting him in the Obari opening pose is MANDATORY. 

IMG_20171208_143949329_HDR.thumb.jpg.7780474119c6b186fba784654af4bdbd.jpgrsz_img_20171208_134328984_hdr.thumb.jpg.f9405a96a7017bb49622fb90b6f58817.jpgIMG_20171210_122339143.thumb.jpg.9efa980755a123f651d7cf4af8cc6ace.jpgIMG_20171208_122150466.thumb.jpg.7a4d3ae7da3dbe71abe72cefc29e5270.jpg

29 minutes ago, Kidada said:

Think they would make hmr vf25? 

I hope they do, but the transformation mechanism might be a bit complex with how small the arms connecting the cockpit to the main body would be in that scale. They'd pretty much have to make the entire part out of metal.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Those are some cool pics SuperHobo!! If the HMR 2SS continues to sell this good with Nexx & possibly Faerie Squadron up next, maybe down the road we'll get a DX version with a ton of upgrades!! B))

I'll take a metal siren first then lets move on to DX versions. :wub:  I also hope Obari does the boxart for all the rest of the Macross II toys.