Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Not a pro modder, but i think the easiest mod to make the heat shield flush is just making the canopy removable, if you dont mind a little parts forming. I think I just need to sand the pegs down on the canopy a bit

FCD947B6-D670-4E91-8EED-2B956195410F.jpeg

Works for me, took like 5 mins

98C57849-8C4C-4504-AFDE-911E6F15E552.jpeg

Edited by HG Blows

31 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

Not a pro modder, but i think the easiest mod to make the heat shield flush is just making the canopy removable, if you dont mind a little parts forming. I think I just need to sand the pegs down on the canopy a bit

Works for me, took like 5 mins

Thanks @HG Blows for posting that mod, I may give it a try.

24 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

One more amature photo before it goes to the HMR shelf. Knees seem like they might be an issue long term, but at the moment I'm enjoying it. I'd really like to see them try more valks in this line.

Nice shots @Zx31.

Ah ok I guess I missed that.

The backpack does not fold flat on the undercarriage of the jet mode either like in the line art.

I did also just notice that in jet mode you can pull back the two "pods" that hold the tail fins rearwards with a little more force and they will click/lock into place giving a slightly more secure hold.

1 hour ago, Jadis said:

I don't see where in the line art it shows that the wings tilt up in gerwalk mode (or any mode)?  They just swivel/rotate on the X-axis of the body.  

I think the reason why the main wings tilt up during Gerwalk mode, design-wise, is to have clearance from the shoulder armor. Whereas in the HMR version, it looks like Bandai added that swivel motion to move and swing the wing away from the shoulder by moving it a little farther at the back. If you check some lineart, you can see that the wing is resting above the shoulder area.

Would be nice if Bandai added a tilted wing accessory. ^_^ 

That's some fantastic lineart right there. Thanks for sharing! Which book(s) would you guys recommend if I wanted to have a relatively complete collection of Macross Valkyrie lineart?

Got my VF-2SS last night. Honestly, I was hoping for Bandai to do a better job than what we got so was a little disappointed. There is very little holding it together other than joint friction. For now, at least, those joints are nice and tight so it feels pretty solid. But if any of them get loose in the future it could become a floppy mess.

Since things, especially the arms and legs, don't have a true locking point it also takes lots of futzing to position things in just the right place. It was pretty easy to get it from battroid to fighter but once in fighter it took at least an extra 10 minutes to get everything positioned just right. Adjust the leg, the backpack flap disconnects, reposition the flap, the chest untabs, re-tab the chest, the legs are out of position again, and on and on.

Overall I still like it and would get any other variants if they released them. Maybe I was just expecting too much from this scale for something that required a lot of anime magic. Hopefully after messing around with it for a few days my opinion of it will improve.

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

Got my VF-2SS last night. Honestly, I was hoping for Bandai to do a better job than what we got so was a little disappointed. There is very little holding it together other than joint friction. For now, at least, those joints are nice and tight so it feels pretty solid. But if any of them get loose in the future it could become a floppy mess.

Since things, especially the arms and legs, don't have a true locking point it also takes lots of futzing to position things in just the right place. It was pretty easy to get it from battroid to fighter but once in fighter it took at least an extra 10 minutes to get everything positioned just right. Adjust the leg, the backpack flap disconnects, reposition the flap, the chest untabs, re-tab the chest, the legs are out of position again, and on and on.

Overall I still like it and would get any other variants if they released them. Maybe I was just expecting too much from this scale for something that required a lot of anime magic. Hopefully after messing around with it for a few days my opinion of it will improve.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. 

Chris

3 hours ago, spanner said:

the HMR VF-2SS does look pretty good compared to the Evo Toys garbage..

I am seriously considering snapping up one of these HMR versions!

I say go for it! I have the ET 2SS and this HMR while smaller and just a few minor issues is definitely the VF-2SS to own. Who knows if will ever see a 1/60 Bandai DX version. 

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I say go for it! I have the ET 2SS and this HMR while smaller and just a few minor issues is definitely the VF-2SS to own. Who knows if will ever see a 1/60 Bandai DX version. 

From the feedback on this forum alone it most certainly seems to be the case! Even though I have never been a big fan of the VF-2, the HMR version does grab my attention. I'm definitely considering it. But there are a few 1:18 cars of around similar money which are also on my mind and the thing about the HMR which kinda holds me back a little is the scale and the fact I decided a while back not to collect any more of the line after the Monster.. But it would still be nice to have the VF-2 in hand to mess about with. More thought on the matter is required me thinks.