Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Looks like I got the last HIkaru 1A from HLJ. I almost completely missed this preorder--my mind was all about graphic novels the past 2 or 3 weeks. It so happened that as I was searching for Blame! there was this advertisement for the 1000Toys Safeguards which led me to HLJ then to the VF1A preorder. Whew! What a night haha

Anyway, I also don't mind a Max VF1A.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice dual strike cannons @Saburo.  I need to try that with mine.  I just noticed that the wings are spread out in Battroid mode.

Thanks, I notice the wing while I was processing the photos, I didn’t want to setup the studio for a retake.

Edited by Saburo

Decided to go with AmiAmi for my Super 1A. I wish I could still use HLJ but I absolutely HATE their new payment system requiring a payment contract to use PayPal. There is no versatility with them anymore.

Chris

Attached the SAP. Very simple and straightforward. Makes it look 10x better than without. Though to me it still looks a little plain, like an unpainted model kit. I know that's the correct color and all, but in this green plastic it really makes it look cheap. I felt the same way about the ET version. Going to need some work to bring out the details.

I feel like the designer of the VF-2SS wanted to make a space tank, and then created the fighter underneath as an afterthought.

Really just minor nitpicking though. Definitely keeping mine with SAP on for fighter mode. VF-2SS fighter with no SAP is a sad looking panda. :ph34r:

5a1da1d1bc1d6_HMRVF-2SSSAP01.jpg.bd5b1d5a94dbb96c92b83a254447829d.jpg

Also, Sylvie is really stacked!

5a1da1cf6aef0_HMRVF-2SSpilot.jpg.2cd8c41199aea9016462a51badc6e9b8.jpg

EDIT: Hey, isn't there supposed to be a long antenna sticking out from the SAP??

Edited by Lolicon

I just snagged a pre-order at Amiami for both the VE-1 and the VF-1A Super...

if anyone is still hunting give them a check.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Attached the SAP. Very simple and straightforward. Makes it look 10x better than without. Though to me it still looks a little plain, like an unpainted model kit. I know that's the correct color and all, but in this green plastic it really makes it look cheap. I felt the same way about the ET version. Going to need some work to bring out the details.

I feel like the designer of the VF-2SS wanted to make a space tank, and then created the fighter underneath as an afterthought.

Really just minor nitpicking though. Definitely keeping mine with SAP on for fighter mode. VF-2SS fighter with no SAP is a sad looking panda. :ph34r:

5a1da1d1bc1d6_HMRVF-2SSSAP01.jpg.bd5b1d5a94dbb96c92b83a254447829d.jpg

EDIT: Hey, isn't there supposed to be a long antenna sticking out from the SAP??

31 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

This image indicates there should be one.

vf-2ss-sap-fighter.gif

Yeah.

Other pics from the MMM page, http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross2/vf-2ss-sap.htm

I don't see the antenna in Bandai's hmr-page: http://tamashii.jp/item/12210/

I don't have the old Bandai 1/100 kit anymore, but it seemns that also don't include have the antenna per google-images.

I believe the ET includes the antenna.

Well I officially have both of my VF-2SS's, given these are 1/100 scale they are rather nice (not to big & not to small), transformation is rather easy, unless you want to add the landing gear you really don't have to do any parts-forming on it. 

Safe to say if the make a Nexx, Faerie Squad and the Squad with the Green stripe, I'll get those too. 

IMG_8557.JPG

IMG_8562.JPG

IMG_8563.JPG

46 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

To those of you who already received their VF-2SS, are you able to get the heat shield flush in battroid, especially with the stand adapter on? If so, care to share any tips?

Neither of mine are flush and that is a design flaw on Bandai. someone posted earlier a way to fix it (supposedly) but it requires disassembly of the Valk. I think it was a Twitter post. 

50 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

To those of you who already received their VF-2SS, are you able to get the heat shield flush in battroid, especially with the stand adapter on? If so, care to share any tips?

5 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Neither of mine are flush and that is a design flaw on Bandai. someone posted earlier a way to fix it (supposedly) but it requires disassembly of the Valk. I think it was a Twitter post. 

F360's post on Page 418: