Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Not swappable into 1S is such a fail!

It would be cool if they included a VF-1S head, wings, nosecone, and strike cannon in the VF-1A box.

46 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Not to me, I only own one HM VF-1

I do have a VF-1 thing though...

I have the original Bandai VF-2ss model kit. I wonder if the HM-R is the same size and the old model kit.

Yeah I still got love for the VF-1 and old school Macross.

The HMR VF-2SS is bigger and taller than the model kit.

2B44EF7A-091A-4DF7-BD08-14820D305A21.thumb.jpeg.a137b31e2d8ba798abe0a4f7c69f2033.jpeg

6DEC1CA0-8941-4766-980D-C03A5CA70ABE.png.980b45cb5ee6f8f8d341187ea9accdf3.png

The HMR Regult Missile Type set is coming out in December, the HMR VE-1 in January, the DX VF-31A in March, the HMR VF-1A Hikaru in April, and the DX VF-31C Super Parts in May.  I wonder what is coming out in February and in June through the rest of the year.  HMR Tomahawk, Nousjadeul-Ger, VF-1EX Hayate and Mirage set, VF-1A Armored Valkyrie, and Phalanx please.

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The HMR Regult Missile Type set is coming out in December, the HMR VE-1 in January, the DX VF-31A in March, the HMR VF-1A Hikaru in April, and the DX VF-31C Super Parts in May.  I wonder what is coming out in February and in June through the rest of the year.  HMR Tomahawk, Nousjadeul-Ger, VF-1EX Hayate and Mirage set, VF-1A Armored Valkyrie, and Phalanx please.

February is the dreaded Chinese New Year holiday period. There might not be much scheduled then. :(

The VF-2SS is looking cool. Almost making me wish I'd gotten one, but I'm OK sticking with SDFM (and some DYRL) right now.

The Hikaru VF-1A is an unexpected announcement to me. Interesting they would bring out another re-release of an original Hi-Metal before the new pieces that everyone's been wanting for months. If they hadn't already produced the 1S version, I think the swappable parts would have made sense. I just wish Bandai hadn't gone with the gray they're using for DYRL releases.

I think any future HMR announcements will be May or later, as it's likely too close to February already.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I thk we might be pretty set for the first half of next year for macross. I don't see any gaps for bandai to release anymore. 

Really anxious to get that VF-2SS. Was so disappointed by the Evo Toy ver (although still in my collection....). Don't think the HMR will be perfect, but bound to be better than ET's attempt no doubt about that.

Now, just hoping the 'preparation in progress' doesn't take 2 weeks like it did for the HMR 35th Anniversary ver. *Sigh*.

After that, the long wait for March and the 31-A Kairos, really looking forward to this one more than anything else. Unless some more stuff get announced, like the elusive 1/35 VF-1, the other DX Drakens or more HMR pieces (Super Ostrich maybe.... )

The original 1A sells seemed pretty poor and since I want them to do the whole squad, a swappable S Head for Max and Hikaru seemed like such a good idea to sell better. They give three sets of wings so it seemed like something they could pull off pretty easily. Oh well, still good to see more releases.

Edit: just remembered they haven't made a ball joint 1S head yet.

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Hikaru VF-1A? Where did that news come from? it's official?

Looks like it. Some page scan from a hobby magazine. If that is fake, then I can say whoever did that is a one mean photoshop artist. ;) 

8 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Upcoming VF-1A. April 2018 release .

23659538_505812449796748_2598801533211954788_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, genomcorp said:

has anyone got a payment request from HLJ yet? i put in an order back in july, but getting anxious over here : P

It went to Low Stock and then Discontinued a few hours ago, so I expect payment requests in a few hours. Mine almost always arrive at about 5 AM Japan time from HLJ.

Just now, genomcorp said:

i have one of the older CM's Ishtar figures just waiting for the VF-2SS..

Yeah the one I bought is from CM’s.

Meanwhile this thing will forever stay sealed in its box and wrapped in the tissue paper.

5FC294CF-FEBD-4CCF-9A42-6C916F3A3343.thumb.jpeg.31dabdffc904e2ae705af6e4afcec59e.jpeg

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah the one I bought is from CM’s.

Meanwhile this thing will forever stay sealed in its box and wrapped in the tissue paper.

5FC294CF-FEBD-4CCF-9A42-6C916F3A3343.thumb.jpeg.31dabdffc904e2ae705af6e4afcec59e.jpeg

I just put mine back in its box -- I never even managed to get the armor to stay on it. One day I'll decide to pull it out and make something fixed posed and glued together out of it..

My next set of customs are all things that will least likely be officially released or are far from being officially released by Bandai:  VF-1A Angel Birds, VF-1A Alaska Base, VF-1A Low Vis, VF-1A Cavaliers, VF-1A Arcade Valkyries, VF-1J Joons Green, VF-1D CF, VF-1D Virgin Road, CF GBP Parts, Blue Spartan, and Zentradi Uniform.

Edited by sh9000