Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 hours ago, tekering said:

While I welcome further expansion of the line, I'd hope Bandai at least completes the original Macross line-up before delving any further into the sequels...

Generally I agree. I mainly wish they would just go ahead and release everything from SDFM or DYRL that's already been teased (VT-1, Tomahawk, etc).

I don't know that they have to totally wrap up everything from the original series first, as long as they keep expanding it. Like they have with the VF-2 (and the Messer VF-1 to an extent) I could see them starting to sprinkle in valks from Plus and Frontier here and there, while still working to complete the SDFM lineup. It would fit their apparent goal of attracting fans of newer Macross series to the HMR line, as they continue to build out the "classics."

But yeah, I really would like to see a VF-1D, VF-1A TV Max, etc. Not all of us have @sh9000 custom skills... :)

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I think there's a good chance for other 2SS versions.  This one has by-and-large been sold out most of the pre-order run.  That seems like a positive sign.  Unless they really screw up the execution.

I can't be worse than the ET one right, right, RIGHT?

I'm soooo hyped for the VF-2SS I can't put it in words. The day the toy hits my PW I'm gonna immediately ship out the stuff to have the VF-2SS in my hands as soon as possible. I'ts gonna be Christmas in December.... 

...wait what?

^_^

Edited by Scyla

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Is it just me, or is the VF-0 design more similar to the VF-2 than it is to the VF-1?

Having just built a VF-0 model kit and looking at the HMR VF-2 pics, I find the arms specially similar between those two 

Specifically how?  They both tuck under just like the orevious VF-1 design did.

I think the biggest issue with it may have actually been the color?  It had some decent ideas, despite the heavy partsforming.  Part of me actually prefers the proportions of the old Hi Metal Fire Valk over the Yamato design in fighter mode, just because the different angle of the wing leading edge made the nose look a bit longer.

The Yamato design blows it out of the water entirely in every other way though.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Oh, come now, it wasn't that bad for the time. That is however, not the 19 I want done. I want the Y/VF-19/A... With all the trimmings. 

Oh yes, though I really want to see a new valkyrie design in the HMR line. They haven't done a new transforming toy in a long time.