Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, HG Blows said:

HLJ has the VF-2SS available for order again, heads up

Ouch! I forgot that this will get released this month. Time to sell some organs once again. :wacko:

But deep inside, I'm excited for this. :yahoo:

Edited by no3Ljm

12 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I don't see how it could be any worse. I like the ET VF-2SS for what it is but it would be a MASSIVE fail on Bandai's part if they weren't able to improve on it.

I'm personally wondering how much parts-forming it'll use, and how the underside looks in fighter mode.

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm personally wondering how much parts-forming it'll use, and how the underside looks in fighter mode.

Even though there's no full underside photo of the HMR VF-2SS yet, I really think that seeing it from this angle.

HMR...
item_0000012210_Zo0m7cpS_07.jpg.d59920483a7d4753dde17047d2aea90b.jpg

beats EvoToys'.
vf-2ss_151213.jpg.9ed3a66183bd1b5b4f6d28437c780729.jpg

Don't you guys agree? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Care to share? ^_^

I can share the file I made, if you like, but you'll have to print it out yourself on decal paper. I sized them to about 1/100 scale, but I don't know how big Bandai's VF-2SS will really be.

The scaled down markings I took from the ET stickers look like they might still be too large.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I can share the file I made, if you like, but you'll have to print it out yourself on decal paper. I sized them to about 1/100 scale, but I don't know how big Bandai's VF-2SS will really be.

The scaled down markings I took from the ET stickers look like they might still be too large.

Cool cool. File only is ok. Really appreciate it. :drinks:

Are you going to resize it again the moment you got the figure?

47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Even though there's no full underside photo of the HMR VF-2SS yet, I really think that seeing it from this angle.

HMR...
item_0000012210_Zo0m7cpS_07.jpg.d59920483a7d4753dde17047d2aea90b.jpg

beats EvoToys'.
vf-2ss_151213.jpg.9ed3a66183bd1b5b4f6d28437c780729.jpg

Don't you guys agree? :rolleyes:

No comparison between the two toys (minus the  scale size). As I have the Evo 2SS, I can't wait to see my HMR 2SS's! 

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool cool. File only is ok. Really appreciate it. :drinks:

Are you going to resize it again the moment you got the figure?

Yeah I'll do a final resize and test before I print it on decal sheet. The ET version has very few markings, so I added a bunch of Yamato markings. The NO STEP decals are super tiny. :o

13 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

No comparison between the two toys (minus the  scale size). As I have the Evo 2SS, I can't wait to see my HMR 2SS's! 

I do have an Evo version too. But all I'm just pointing out is that Bandai somehow nailed that clean look for a small scale figure. ;) 

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I'll do a final resize and test before I print it on decal sheet. The ET version has very few markings, so I added a bunch of Yamato markings. The NO STEP decals are super tiny. :o

No worries. I love applying the NO STEP decals. ^_^

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Awesome! I'd love the file too when you finalize it...if you don't mind. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I do have an Evo version too. But all I'm just pointing out is that Bandai somehow nailed that clean look for a small scale figure. ;) 

Exactly and that's what make the HMR so amazing at this point. A smaller scale with 5 times the detail & accuracy. B))

Hopefully the HMR VF-2SS is sucessful and Bandai releases all the variants of the Valkyrie. 

After that I really hope Bandai sees the potential of a DX Chogokin of the VF-2.

Edited by Scyla

5 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Hopefully the HMR VF-2SS is sucessful and Bandai releases all the variants of the Valkyrie. 

After that I really hope Bandai sees the potential of a DX Chogokin of the VF-2.

I LIKE! :wub:  :good: 

39 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I'm hoping for a VF-25 in the HMR line, or a newer version of the YF/VF-19.

Might even get the VF-4, VF-11, and VF-17.

49 minutes ago, Graham said:

Yeah, so excited for the VF-2SS. Got two on order. Planning to keep one in fighter mode with SAP, one in Battroid mode with SAP.

May have to order a third for SAP-less display in Fighter mode.

You're not going to order a fourth one for a SAP-less Battroid mode display? :rolleyes:

So I caved and Purchased a Max/Milia HMR set........................................

Deep goes this rabbit-hole!:ph34r:

I'm going to end up with an VE-1 [Battroid VE-1!] and a VT-1... the VF-2SS is very tempting...

If they break into Macross7 or Frontier I'm gonna be in trouble.

Edited by slide

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm hoping for a VF-25 in the HMR line, or a newer version of the YF/VF-19.

Might even get the VF-4, VF-11, and VF-17.

While I welcome further expansion of the line, I'd hope Bandai at least completes the original Macross line-up before delving any further into the sequels...

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Can’t wait for my orders of the VF-2SS.  For now I have planned a custom Nexx, Max, and Milia scheme.

I’ll see if I can take a pic of my Destroids this weekend.

I hope Bandai will at least release a Nexx custom I need that big railgun.