Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 minutes ago, dur said:

Does anyone know where the gunpod goes in non-SAP fighter mode?  I'm personallly just wondering how much parts-swapping this will have.

I really love the HMR vf-1 except for how many pieces need to get switched out for battroid!

There were no official lineart nor it was featured in the anime AFAIK that shows where the gunpod stored during in non-SAP fighter mode.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

There were no official lineart nor it was featured in the anime AFAIK that shows where the gunpod stored during in non-SAP fighter mode.

I'll double check mine (I got the evolution toy a while back, yeah I'm an idiot) later, but iirc if you watch the scene when the Marduk scouting Earth's atmosphere (I think it's during the culture park bit) they have a VF-2 without SAP fighting and transforming. 

It's a long shot, but might help. 

1 minute ago, Focslain said:

I'll double check mine (I got the evolution toy a while back, yeah I'm an idiot) later, but iirc if you watch the scene when the Marduk scouting Earth's atmosphere (I think it's during the culture park bit) they have a VF-2 without SAP fighting and transforming. 

Thanks Focslain. Will check that segment later for verification. ^_^

7 hours ago, dur said:

Does anyone know where the gunpod goes in non-SAP fighter mode?  I'm personallly just wondering how much parts-swapping this will have.

The only armaments listed for non-SAP mode are the head lasers. I know it sounds silly, but since the VF-2JA is supposed to be UN Spacy's main atmospheric fighter in MII, it's possible they never envisioned the VF-2SS flying in the atmosphere, except for emergency landings.

18 hours ago, Focslain said:

I'm pretty sure the only Valks seen during the Culture Park battle are Icarus fighters.

Someone here on these forums did a modification of their Evolution Toy valk so it could carry it's gunpod on the undercarriage like other Valks.  IIRC, they mounted it on the centerline, which may mean the ventral fin underneath the cockpit needs to be retracted for it to be able to fire.

Somewhat unrelated, this question used to come up in my RPG games all the time.  "Can I use my gun pod in Fighter Mode?"  So, I looked over the lineart and my model kit quite a bit to determine if it was possible.

When the SAP was installed, one solution was to say the gun pod was in the arm armor with the barrel facing the shoulder, and there was a firing port on that side of the arm armor.  This isn't supported at all by the lineart, but was a potential useful fudge for the RPG.

Without the SAP installed, my group and I made the arbitrary decision that there were two weapon mounts between the arms in fighter mode, one on each side of the centerline.  These mounts could hold the gunpod in that mode.  Once again, there is no basis for this other than we wanted it to be that way for our games and it seemed at least semi-plausible.

Right now, the only time I can think of when un-SAPed VF-2s are seen outside the eyecatch in the OAV is during the air show on the moon.  The only valks which can be confirmed as being armed during that event were the VF-2SS-SAPs in Nexx's squadron.

1 hour ago, GabrielV said:

Someone here on these forums did a modification of their Evolution Toy valk so it could carry it's gunpod on the undercarriage like other Valks.  IIRC, they mounted it on the centerline, which may mean the ventral fin underneath the cockpit needs to be retracted for it to be able to fire.

@VF5SS mentioned that on his 1/60 VF-2SS Silvie Gena review at CollectionDX:

evolution+toy+vf-2ss+valkyrie+10.JPG

Evolution Toy even added the ability to mount the VF-2SS's gun pod underneath the plane's belly. A little slot in the backpack's hinged flap lets the weapon plug in. Or at least it does in theory, as the connection is far too loose on my toy.

Photo courtesy of CollectionDX.

It's not official but it gets the job done.  :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

After some delays in shipping, my HMR Defender has finally arrived (it was combined shipping with the VF-1J Milia)! :D

Its bit lighter than I thought it would be, but that's ok.  Good detail and nice articulation.  Now bring on the Tomahawk and Phalanx!

26201040619_473fb3c12b_h.jpg

26201038359_65887689f9_h.jpg

24125532528_738d7414fd_h.jpg

24125531568_2de2ed4563_h.jpg

24125530008_455b15f35d_h.jpg

24125528448_ba7fdcd66a_h.jpg

24125526518_cf2894f4b2_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

After some delays in shipping, my HMR Defender has finally arrived (it was combined shipping with the VF-1J Milia)! :D

Its bit lighter than I thought it would be, but that's ok.  Good detail and nice articulation.  Now bring on the Tomahawk and Phalanx!

Good stuff as always!  Just got my defender as well, looking forward to the other ones and hoping for color variations hehe.

5 hours ago, Saburo said:

nice pics!  It is a little light compared to the spartan.  I like the mold though, and I like the anime design of the legs more than the spartan, but I like the toy design of the spartan's legs more.

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

My only minor nitpick about the Defender would be that I would have wanted it to be as heavy as the Spartan.

Yeah I really like the weight of the Spartan.  Feels like premium high metal content.

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

They should release the remaining Destroids and milk all of the molds by releasing colored variants.

OD Tomahawk, khaki green Defender, weathered versions, blue phalanx!

On 10/27/2017 at 6:34 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Good stuff as always!  Just got my defender as well, looking forward to the other ones and hoping for color variations hehe.

Thanks @sumyumgoy!  I am pretty sure Bandai will milk the molds.

19 hours ago, beatsing said:

nice pics!  It is a little light compared to the spartan.  I like the mold though, and I like the anime design of the legs more than the spartan, but I like the toy design of the spartan's legs more.

Thanks @beatsing!  I was surprised at how light it was compared to the Spartan, but its still an awesome toy.

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm loving this one. :wub:

Maraming Salamat @no3Ljm!

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

They should release the remaining Destroids and milk all of the molds by releasing colored variants.

I am pretty sure they will, Bandai can drain our bank accounts.  :lol:

Group shot of the Destroids.

38000676331_3d051fd13c_h.jpg

24 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @sumyumgoy!  I am pretty sure Bandai will milk the molds.

Thanks @beatsing!  I was surprised at how light it was compared to the Spartan, but its still an awesome toy.

Maraming Salamat @no3Ljm!

I am pretty sure they will, Bandai can drain our bank accounts.  :lol:

Group shot of the Destroids.

38000676331_3d051fd13c_h.jpg

That is one sweet looking group shot, love that Spartan pose! 

On 10/28/2017 at 7:08 PM, 505thAirborne said:

That is one sweet looking group shot, love that Spartan pose! 

Thank you @505thAirborne, the Spartan is great for posing its the most dynamic of the Destroids.  :lol:

22 hours ago, brouken said:

Ack! And here I am trying to fight of the temptation to start collecting the HMR Destroids. B.I. ka talaga Saburo. :blink: :lol:

@brouken, I guess my photos are doing their job. :lol:

20 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Spartan up there at the front like "I don't need no guns, I GOT MY STICK!"

"Prepare for a Heavy Mecha beatdown!"

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick."

14 hours ago, derex3592 said:

And new phone and tablet wallpaper....DONE! 

Glad you like it @derex3592!

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pics Saburo.

Opened up another Monster.  I should be picking up my Defenders and Spartans today.

Thank you @sh9000!  That is whole lot of firepower in that pic!! :ohmy:

Edited by Saburo

41 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Got an email from Nippon Yasan VF-2SS release is moved up to 11/23/2017

Yup, on the last page (407) near the bottom Atheonyirh posted a link to the tamashii site that said the release date was 11/23/17. 

In December we'll get the missile regults. Man, talk about non stop damage to the wallet!

Edited by wmkjr