Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The work begins..

messer1.jpg.b5ab87bdbe25d97c942dcf55cf377b8b.jpg

Of course the white stripes aren't missing from the black.. they're painted over it... so I might do the same, and just paint a white pinstripe the entire length of the wing.

messer2.jpg.0477f47d6bef84cd162156f48f7098af.jpg

I don't feel too bad about modifying this thing... in fact, I'm tempted to strip both wings.. one of them has a big curly hair stuck under the tampo. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

9 hours ago, jenius said:

Looks great! They should do stand alone GBP and supers.

Agreed, both that @sh9000 did a nice job, and that stand-alone parts would be cool. I think I'm set on FAST packs at this point, but would love the GBP. I can't bring myself to get the armored VF-1J, given current prices and the fact that I already have Hikaru's 1J. I'm still hoping they eventually release that dark-colored armored VF-1A they teased a while back.

15 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Yet another great custom, nice one!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Agreed, both that @sh9000 did a nice job, and that stand-alone parts would be cool. I think I'm set on FAST packs at this point, but would love the GBP. I can't bring myself to get the armored VF-1J, given current prices and the fact that I already have Hikaru's 1J. I'm still hoping they eventually release that dark-colored armored VF-1A they teased a while back.

Thanks!  I would buy those sets.  Including TV arm armor along with DYRL arm armor in the Fast Pack set would be cool too.

18 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

*snip*

Future project.

Hmmm. I think I know what it is... I'm pretty sure you're going to help out in your kid's school project and not some green giant's uniform, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

Finally NY moved their asses. Received it today .Pre-ordered it when it was announced and they shipped it 10 days after release? Dissapointing....but whatever.

On the other hand, I wasn't really looking forward to this release, bought mostly it for completion's sake and 35th Anniversary  excuse, nothing else....

But was pleasantly surprised, it actually looks great! Not sure why, but the Bandai preview pics made it look kinda  'meh'.

A weird piece which looks better irl than on pics somehow.

Quick snap of mine with a 'soft-mod' it...(like all my other HMR VF-1S.....)

image.jpg

Edited by Kinzoku VF

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hmmm. I think I know what it is... I'm pretty sure you're going to help out in your kid's school project and not some green giant's uniform, right? :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I like where this is headed! :clapping:

:good:

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

It looks pretty good next to the Glaug and Regults

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

he goes great with the HM-R line!

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Fits in nicely, great paint job!

C'mon, guys...  The figure looks great, but it's way too small for Hi-Metal R.

Closer to 1:144th scale, actually.