Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Guys, am I missing something here???....The fighter mode stand adapter for the Messer VF-1S will NOT go on this plane with the gunpod there or without it there really...What am I doing wrong???:huh::mellow::huh:

I was going through the exact same thing, I eventually gave up on trying to attach it properly. I ended up just putting it on improperly to take pics.

Then while looking at the my VF-1S Hikaru I realized that it was the wrong adapter.

54 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I mentioned this in another thread. They've been including the fighter mode adapter that is meant to be used with the fast pack. It's a mistake that Bandai has kept on doing ever since the VF-1A CF

I didn't realize this was the case, thank you for the info.

36908323453_625e80c541_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

To be honest the only thing I think I'd change about the Messer VF-1 is to get rid of the pink spots, but even then I don't mind them. The colors make it interesting and it was kind of fun trying to figure out a way of showing off the tampo print without it being boring.

DSC00374 resized.jpg

DSC00376 resized.jpg

Edited by Atheonyirh

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Got another HMR Monster.

Man, sometimes I'm embarrassed checking in here with my meager collection. :)

VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru)

Regult

VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy)

Glaug

VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru)

VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max)

Still on the fence about the Elint Seeker too, but the fact that I'm thinking about it means I should just go ahead and place an order.

Wishlist for 2018 and beyond: Tomahawk, Super Ostrich, Queadluun-Rau, VF-1A (Max), VF-1A Supers (Hikaru, Max & Kakizaki).

2 minutes ago, arbit said:

How big would that be in HMR scale? Huge I think.

I don’t know. I’m participating in the sdf rewatch and the gnerl fighter pod are prominently featured in early episodes. They look about the same size as the regults but I’m just guessing. 

14 minutes ago, arbit said:

If going by R2KF's reissue of Capt's Gnerl mold, it's pretty big in comparison to that VF.

20170407_231554.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

19 minutes ago, arbit said:

I'm posting here pic from @cowie165 on his R2KF 1/72 Gnerl Fighter thread. Assuming the brownie VF-1 featured in this pic is also in 1/72 scale, then that's how the difference is if you scale it down in HM-R scale. ;)

20170407_231554.jpg

Edit: Oops. I was just composing this when @wmkjr comment pops up. Hehehe. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

On 10/8/2017 at 5:32 PM, derex3592 said:

Had some time to sit down and play around with Messer VF-1S today, I like the scheme, but dang, I always forget how much part swapping there is on the HM-R Valks... Im still a 1/60ver2 guy at heart I guess...

Want to know my secret? I have never even transformed any of the HMR valks and I have at least 2x of each release :lol:

I tend to transform an old V2 Roy that I have laying around when I get the urge to transform a VF-1, I'm also a V2 guy at heart. 

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

Misb loop?  Or are the hmr just display pieces for you? 

I love the V2 but I mess around with the hmr more than the V2.   I'm a bit more ginger with V2 and display them more than mess around with them.   

Yeah mostly all of my VF-1's are still MISB. I only opened up one of each non VF-1 that I own and 1 VF-1J GBP if I'm corect. I buy 3x of all non VF-1 releases in this series except for the Monster, I only got 2 because of the shipping cost :lol:

Oh I forgot, I changed my order for the 35th sceme down to 1x as it's a non standard scheme release so I only have one Messer.

Edited by Loop

Assuming these come with spare hardpointed wings like every other HMR, I might strip down one set, and make the wings look less.. well.. bleh. :lol:  I want to remove the random spike in the middle and just extend the pinstripe all the way to the wingtip.  Shouldn't be too hard to do, just need to scrape off the spike, and then mask around where I want the stripe to run, and sand the tampo off.

I might also swap the canopies around a bit.  That gold might look pretty nice on some CFs, and then I can use the blue ones from Hikaru 1Js on Messer. :)