Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Messer's VF-1S was an easy one to skip.

Yup.  I agree.  I don't see collectibility value in it either.

The VE-1 on the other hand, beautiful valk.  I'm amazed it isn't sold out everywhere.

35 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Surprised by the hate for the messer 1s. I think it's one of the better non cannon schemes and better than some cannon ones (tv max and kakizaki). I wish macross would give us more custom squadron schemes instead of the generic colours as a scheme.

Seriously. I know Roy and Hikaru's designs are canon, but they're just not that interesting to me, and of the two I dislike the yellow more. But the Messer one looks quite neat to me. I'm disappointed by the lack of Strike Packs if anything, I'd probably have bought a second one just to have the second strike cannon if it had included them.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Surprised by the hate for the messer 1s. I think it's one of the better non cannon schemes and better than some cannon ones (tv max and kakizaki). I wish macross would give us more custom squadron schemes instead of the generic colours as a scheme.

I don't think it's necessarily "hate". I believe most people think the scheme looks good or decent. I'm guessing they're just choosing to prioritize their other preorders over this one. Especially since some of the other upcoming toys have hefty price tags.

Edited by ArchieNov

On 9/30/2017 at 9:44 PM, ArchieNov said:

I don't think it's necessarily "hate". I believe most people think the scheme looks good or decent. I'm guessing they're just choosing to prioritize their other preorders over this one. Especially since some of the other upcoming toys have hefty price tags.

Yeah. At first I thought Messer's scheme was decent. The more I thought about it, though, the more it was just too "on the nose" with his VF-31F livery for me. If they had changed the colors slightly to make it more unique or to show an evolution from old to new, then I would have been more interested. As it is, I can't get past seeing another VF-1S and since I'm already happy with Messer's 31F, I would rather save my money for other things.

Edited by technoblue
clarifying my thoughts

I think a cool recurring anniversary theme would be to use the original VF-1J scheme on current valks. The J is my fav so I would love to have a red and white 31-J. Even a stealth or low viz woodland would be sweet. The messer scheme was an easy pass. 

19 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

No I've seen plenty of hate on it in a few communities.

PSA: HLJ has updated more accounts with the new GoInterPay system this weekend. I'm in the US and received the update message today. If you were on the old system, you might want to check your email, or log into your HLJ account to make sure payments are still set up the way you want them.

2 minutes ago, technoblue said:

PSA: HLJ has updated more accounts with the new GoInterPay system this weekend. I'm in the US and received the update message today. If you were on the old system, you might want to check your email, or log into your HLJ account to make sure payments are still set up the way you want them.

yeah, just received the email too.  probably going to setup using Credit Card instead of paypal now since it's automatic and I don't want use paypal's exchange rate when they glitched again later in the holiday season.

25 minutes ago, F360 said:

yeah, just received the email too.  probably going to setup using Credit Card instead of paypal now since it's automatic and I don't want use paypal's exchange rate when they glitched again later in the holiday season.

Smart. I did the same, so hopefully I didn't jinx anything. :lol: 

The interface is clean and simple--it does what it needs to do. I also like the currency option, but I'm set up for JPY for now. We'll see how it goes. I'm not keen on doing the PayPal Billing Agreement, so if I can avoid it and do this new thing, then that's a-okay.

Edited by technoblue
spelling

5 minutes ago, amptor said:

I don't get the hype around ordering from HLJ.  The valk costs a slight amount less elsewhere.  Better shipping prices?

Private Warehouse. Things there can be cancelled until 7days after they stock, and can be held up to 60days to combine shipping. Also they have good shipping prices for private warehouse stuff.

7 minutes ago, amptor said:

I don't get the hype around ordering from HLJ.  The valk costs a slight amount less elsewhere.  Better shipping prices?

HLJ is good because if you have to cancel an order there not D-bags about it, good return policy and usually their shipping is a bit cheaper than others. I've bought from them the past 5-6 years now.... and Zero issues. 

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

No I've seen plenty of hate on it in a few communities.

Really? I guess I don't visit those communities. Anyways, I just received my Messer VF-1. Regardless of what "hate" people have for it, I think it actually looks pretty good in person. I was skeptical about the scheme at first when I preordered it, but now I think it works an was a good non-canon scheme. Definitely better than the Arcadia Anniversario scheme.

9 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

HLJ is good because if you have to cancel an order there not D-bags about it, good return policy and usually their shipping is a bit cheaper than others. I've bought from them the past 5-6 years now.... and Zero issues. 

I've been using HLJ for a stupidly long time without issue. Like early 2000's long. The customer service is good, the prices are fairly good, and the shipping options and prices are amazing. Amiami used to be a good competitor due to their low pre-order pricing but as I understand it that's been severely toned down in recent years. Being able to easily cancel stuff, change quantity, combine orders via PW how you want, etc makes it well worth an extra buck or two here and there.

Just now, Atheonyirh said:

I've been using HLJ for a stupidly long time without issue. Like early 2000's long. The customer service is good, the prices are fairly good, and the shipping options and prices are amazing. Amiami used to be a good competitor due to their low pre-order pricing but as I understand it that's been severely toned down in recent years. Being able to easily cancel stuff, change quantity, combine orders via PW how you want, etc makes it well worth an extra buck or two here and there.

Yes. Using HLJ since.. I can't even say when.. AGES. Their flexibility is fantastic, prices are, to me, with private warehouse, the best. The shipping options are just top notch and I've never had any issues. I buy everything i am ABLE to from them.