Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm glad they are including the little turret.  They could be super cheapskates and only give you the missile pods, and make you buy more of the original release if you wanted more "standard" regults, but no, they throw in that extra little bit if you want to have all "standard" regults for a while.  I appreciate little things like that.

On a side note, does anyone know if those zentradi markings have any meaning, or are specific to those type of missile pods?  Like is the "uf" looking marking specific to the light missile pod regult?  I know that's what it shows in the line-art(and that is what they are basing these off of), but does it show up in the tv series like that?  I recently just re-watched it, and can't say I noticed one way or another.  Might be an interesting little tidbit if those markings were specifically related to the weapon attachments a regult has.

32 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

On a side note, does anyone know if those zentradi markings have any meaning, or are specific to those type of missile pods?  Like is the "uf" looking marking specific to the light missile pod regult?  I know that's what it shows in the line-art(and that is what they are basing these off of), but does it show up in the tv series like that?

Markings?  In the TV series?

kidding.jpg.7c678eca757800334f7cdb6fe08e03c5.jpg

Hell, they were lucky if they were colored!

must.jpg.48ad61ada10ef5c49504c0181efb39d1.jpg

Their production methods didn't allow for such detail.

be.jpg.c2fb1cb496b125075155d20b717b469a.jpg

Macross was an incredible accomplishment for early '80s TV anime...

you.jpg.76e56a58b1533909c269067087ef0789.jpg

...but it's still early '80s TV anime.  <_<

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Markings?  In the TV series?

Yeah, the vast majority of cells have way less detail than any of the toys, but there are always those few shots like this:

latest?cb=20150305012145

That are much higher detail than the standard animated scene.  I was just wondering if any of the veterans that have watched 50+ times and know every frame basically have ever noticed a correlation in the markings on the regults.  It may genuinely never appear in the tv show, though.

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm glad they are including the little turret.  They could be super cheapskates and only give you the missile pods, and make you buy more of the original release if you wanted more "standard" regults, but no, they throw in that extra little bit if you want to have all "standard" regults for a while.  I appreciate little things like that.

On a side note, does anyone know if those zentradi markings have any meaning, or are specific to those type of missile pods?  Like is the "uf" looking marking specific to the light missile pod regult?  I know that's what it shows in the line-art(and that is what they are basing these off of), but does it show up in the tv series like that?  I recently just re-watched it, and can't say I noticed one way or another.  Might be an interesting little tidbit if those markings were specifically related to the weapon attachments a regult has.

This might help.

download (1).jpg

For some reason, the light artillery attachment appears a more natural fit for the Regult design. The heavy cannisters just seem a bit much for what's otherwise a strangely sleek design. May just display one normal and one with the light attachment, since I don't have a normal Regult at the moment. The latest pics are making me more impatient. 

15 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Nice, where do they sell it as 3 packs?

Lots of places carry them, but it seems few have them in stock right now, at least for a good price. HLJ had them for about Y1000 a couple weeks ago but they are sold out now. AmiAmi has them on PO for about the same price. You can also go Amazon or EBay but you'll likely pay twice that much. Mandarake currently has some blue ones if that's your color.

I'm thinking about repurposing the Regult stands for my VF-1s as well.

21 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Lots of places carry them, but it seems few have them in stock right now, at least for a good price. HLJ had them for about Y1000 a couple weeks ago but they are sold out now. AmiAmi has them on PO for about the same price. You can also go Amazon or EBay but you'll likely pay twice that much. Mandarake currently has some blue ones if that's your color.

I'm thinking about repurposing the Regult stands for my VF-1s as well.

Thanks for the info!  I'll keep an eye out for HLJ since I have stock in the PW right now.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, treatment said:

Good for you, then.

I have the wing sitting out in the sun with "retrobright" coating it (actually 40 volume from Sally)  Wish me luck on getting my parts back to white. Unfortunately this involves taking all the decals off and I don't have a spare decal sheet for a 1/60 VF-1A.  I might make a thread about it (even though you guys are trying to weakly troll whilst avoiding breaking rules ;):p )

Edited by amptor

15 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Nice, where do they sell it as 3 packs?

As noted, they're currently sold out or pre-order locked due to demand and it having been a while since the last reprint, but they're being re-released from another reprint at the end of this month. ALL the packages of Tamashii Stage Act 5s (and 4s) are actually 3-packs. There's also things like the Trident stands that are just one large stand, but can hold 3+ items per stand. HLJ will probably have some in stock at the end of the month. Keep an eye out on September 30th when they release. You can see the info on them here: http://tamashii.jp/item/1345/

Man, I'm so tempted to start collecting this line. The Zentran mechs look so much fun. Not to mention the Elintseeker and Super Ostrich (hopefully Arcadia decides to re-release the 1/60 versions).

So far I've allowed myself to PO the VF-2SS, only because I fully expect the Bandai version to trash the Evolution version even though its in a smaller scale. Looks pretty good from that twitter pic.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

How many? :p

Probably just 3.  Using a spare VT-1 body would be less paint work for me to make a custom VF-1D.  I'm going to use the spare VE-1's I preordered for other customs instead.

IMG_5236.thumb.JPG.7d43042958e4145a33fc7949a74bb3de.JPG

VF-1J Target Battroid.