Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Dunno. Glad I'm not the only one seeing that countdown. 

Didn't do for the VE-1, I'm hoping Arcadia reissue the 1/60. I did get a Rei Yamamoto from NY, so not a total loss. 

I almost switched to NY but am satisfied that I snagged a couple at CDJ. It's my first shopping experience with them so I am curious to see how they work out. 

I do wish I could pay when I decide to instead of when it ships. I pay close attention to the exchange rates and would like to pull the trigger when the rate ticks up. 

Oh wells, you can't have it all!!!

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

20 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I almost switched to NY but am satisfied that I snagged a couple at CDJ. It's my first shopping experience with them so I am curious to see how they work out. 

I do wish I could pay when I decide to instead of when it ships. I pay close attention to the exchange rates and would like to pull the trigger when the rate ticks up. 

Oh wells, you can't have it all!!!

Another good thing about NY is that you can pay later or pay when you decide to before the payment request.  I cancelled 2 orders of 2 VE-1's at CDJ last night.

Got one at HLJ about 8 minutes after midnight this morning, nice and easy. I only need one, this isn't an army builder for me, and honestly, not a valk I particularly like either way, it's kind of goofy looking, but I'll take one for completion. I nabbed a ton of crap last night, this Hi-Metal R VE-1, three ANIME Zaku I units, Figuarts Kid Goku from DragonBall, FIguarts King Mickey from Kingdom Hearts, all four two pack sets of the new Last Jedi Figuarts figures.

I'm going to be very interested to see how the options work on this one, whether the dish/antennas/etc will be removable, and how the tail section differs from the normal HMR VF-1s.

One thing I'm definitely not expecting is hardpointed wings though.  Not a huge deal, but still a little sad I can't load it up with ECM pods for atmospheric operations. :p 

C'mon now Bandai, bring on the VT-1!

I'm thinking of getting one since it's grey colored Valk, it's a nice starting point for custom. ^_^ 

I do wonder though if it's using the same size tail fins from previous VF-1 or new mold since the tail fins for this and the VT-1 are smaller than regular VF-1.

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Frak! Just moved into my new house and literally just got my cable/internet up and running right now! 

Oh well, maybe HLJ will get more in. 

Congrats to those who nabbed this beauty!! 

amiami.com still has PO open.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm thinking of getting one since it's grey colored Valk, it's a nice starting point for custom. ^_^ 

I do wonder though if it's using the same size tail fins from previous VF-1 or new mold since the tail fins for this and the VT-1 are smaller than regular VF-1.

IMG_5061.JPG.10ddcfafad14ff8dd82493cf5c81862c.JPG

I checked with my VF-1's and these tailfins are smaller.  All I need is the nosecone and chest plate for my customs so it's ok for me.  The remaining VE-1 bodies can be converted into VF-X's or something and stay in Fighter mode.

Edited by sh9000

I'm not counting on anything being "officially" TV really.  Bandai seems to be playing coy with the variations on the designs, and making them all unique in one way or another from other versions that have been released, even if it pushes the bounds of what was seen in the shows or movies.

The VE-1 really only has one way to look though, since it was such a quick one-shot scene.

For the VT-1 though, I want what we never got from the Yamato: optional duty uniformed Hikaru and Misa for the cockpit (as tiny as they will be), and a survival tent to set under the valk. :) 

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I checked with my VF-1's and these tailfins are smaller.  All I need is the nosecone and chest plate for my customs so it's ok for me.  The remaining VE-1 bodies can be converted into VF-X's or something and stay in Fighter mode.

Thanks for the confirmation, sh9000! :)

56 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

The VE-1 really only has one way to look though, since it was such a quick one-shot scene.

For the VT-1 though, I want what we never got from the Yamato: optional duty uniformed Hikaru and Misa for the cockpit (as tiny as they will be), and a survival tent to set under the valk. :) 

Yeah. The VE-1 from behind. ^_^ But guess what? I might not get it anymore. You know how we are with accuracy, right? Not anime accurate IMHO. It's only shown for 3 seconds. Amd Yamato didn't get it right. Now Bandai's doing the same thing. Hmmm. <_<

ve1_hmr_dyrl.jpg.4df6703706bb0da37ffa965232ead948.jpg

And I do like your VT-1 set idea. To complete the set, they should include the fish too. ;)

dyrl_mutatedfish.jpg.9c975f21a5d561fcc14983927d384a12.jpg