Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Bandai, you're killin' me here! Well, my wallet, anyway, but still! Of course, it's a willing sort of death... xD

Between the VF-2SS, the upcoming Tomahawk whenever it comes around, and now the Elintseeker, they're really out to clean out my bank account.

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

All that money saved from not buying any Arcadia reissues to spend on HMR is an added bonus!

And yet you bought the Yamato releases, so how does this make any sense at all? It's not like you skipped on 1/60 scale completely.

Give the trolling a break, dude.

3 minutes ago, technoblue said:

And yet you bought the Yamato releases, so how does this make any sense at all? It's not like you skipped on 1/60 scale completely.

Give the trolling a break, dude.

My post makes perfect sense.  There's money that I would have used that is now saved for HMR.  Stop overacting.  You've done this twice now.

Just now, sh9000 said:

My post makes perfect sense.  There's money that I would have used that is now saved for HMR.  Stop overacting.  You've done this twice now.

And I'm standing by what I wrote both times. The fact that you are unable to see past your own bias is unfortunate.

Anyway, I'll probably get at least five.  That way I can more easily make a custom VF-1D, VF-1D CF, and VF-1D VR.  If an official VF-1D gets made then I'll just convert them into some other VF-1.

Edited by sh9000

9 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Whoa whoa whoa! What's with the hostilities?! Do you remember love! Lmao

There's no hostility here.  Only two posts that have nothing to do with HMR.  I can't wait for the VE-1 preorder and what else is coming soon!

** You do not need to respond to every post you don't agree with, contradict someone for liking something you do not, or correct people when they make a mistake. Just skip that post and move on to something you do enjoy. Seriously re-read this a few times over. **

Edited by sh9000

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Anyway, I'll probably get at least five.  That way I can more easily make a custom VF-1D, VF-1D CF, and VF-1D VR.  If an official VF-1D gets made then I'll just convert them into some other VF-1.

What's the VR?

50 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

All that money saved from not buying any Arcadia reissues to spend on HMR is an added bonus!

Haha, wish I could say the same! I'm getting literally ruined by Bandai and Arcadia bombarding me from both sides and all my other collecting vices dusting off the scraps! 

But bring it all on I say! :D

14 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

There's no hostility here.  Only two posts that have nothing to do with HMR.  I can't wait for the VE-1 preorder and what else is coming soon!

Fair enough. I'm all in on the HM-R releases, especially the VE-1 and hopefully the VT-1 isn't too far off.

I'm not building a small-scale army though, so I can afford the spendy Arcadia reissues that I'm into as well. :p;)

Edited by technoblue

I'm really excited about the VE-1, it looks great.  Hopefully we'll see the line expand to include more non-VF-1 valkyries, similar to the upcoming VF-2SS.  Perhaps they'll even revisit the VF-25 since the initial releases were not well received due to all of the part swapping involved.  B))

39 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Though strangely enough, I'd be much more excited for a VT-1.

Yeah, me too. I think VE-1 is more niche, while VT-1 is more iconic.

32 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I'm thinking/hoping under 10k. 

No HMR super/strike VF-1 has been priced above 10K so far. But as @Lolicon mentioned, there's a lot of pieces there they can't reuse in other releases. I'm guessing it will be more like 12K.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

And I'm standing by what I wrote both times. The fact that you are unable to see past your own bias is unfortunate.

just ignore it, several users don't respond bc it's the same stuff over and over.

as for the VE-1, i do like it but i hope there's some more tampo like on the Yamato VE-1.  

I'm in for one for consistency, I've got at least one of everything else in the line, even the fairly derpy missile effects. Not my favorite valk, not by a long shot, I always thought the VE-1 and VT-1 were quite fugly. Deciding not to get that absurdly over-priced SDF-1 PF freed up quite a bit of money for me too recently, thinking of hunting down extra stand alone packs for some of my brownies, and I guess I MIGHT get two of these, doubtful, but maybe.

10 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I'll prob get one depending on pre-order madness, I have the Yamato 1:60V2 and is imho, it is the best V2, so if I were Arcadia...I'd be like "DOHH!" should have done a "Premium Version" re-release and beat Bandai to the punch!, But nope! <_<

This is 100% speculation on my part, but I feel like Bandai and Arcadia have an understanding.  Bandai releases their HMR version of a valk first, then Arcadia follows weeks/months later, like they did with M&M.  I wouldn't be too surprised to see an Arcadia announcement a few weeks after this is released (and that is what I'm holding out for).

Again, though, that is just a guess on my part.