Hi-Metal R

joppewo

are the defenders really gonna stick around that long?  kinda feel stupid ordering a second one so early!  if they do go on super clearacne maybe i'll get another...i only have one  spartan though...i feel like that is s special machine (even if its not) because of the club carrying and the green color whereas the defender is more of a canon fodder machine.  tomahawk is my favorite design for destroids and i have both a matchbox forbidden franchise version from childhood and a yamato...can't wait for the HMR!  may get 2 of those as well.

15 hours ago, jenius said:

Here's to hoping for a Tomahawk preorder soon... and that the paint looks more like the Yamato or that model then the lavender we keep seeing.

I got tired of waiting for that lavender bastard, so I made my own.  B))

HMR_Destroids.thumb.jpg.eea0cf3e7a443fe1ec96af82f4cc6534.jpg

The Defender's legs were exactly what I needed... everything above the waist is vintage Imai.

13 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

Phalanx would be cool do the same with the old Imai/Bandai

No, I already tried that.  The 1:100 Phalanx kit is properly-proportioned to begin with, so the larger HMR legs don't suit it.  It only works for the 1:100 Tomahawk because of its disproportionally larger torso, which made the stock legs appear too small; the stock Phalanx model, on the other hand, looks better as-is.

not-to-scale.thumb.jpg.7599018f2472ff92fb4ba41a8d3991dc.jpg

Oh, and I think we can definitively state HM-R is NOT 1:100 scale.

2 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Maybe the Tomahawk is a purplish grey like the German tanks.   I've used some purple grey spray paint and it looks good.   Has anyone seen the Tomahawk up front? 

If you search back there is a member who saw it in person and said the photos are more or less accurate. 

Still NO shipping email from NY on my Defenders...when I check my order history, for some reason it has them listed with the Lil Drakkens Pre-order, and then in another order history number it shows another Lil Drakken order along with the VF-31 Messer Supers..so what does that mean?? That I probably linked the Defenders and the Lil Drakken order to ship together since the original release dates was fairly close??? And I know I didn't order 2 sets of Lil Drakkens...HELP! 

52 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Still NO shipping email from NY on my Defenders...when I check my order history, for some reason it has them listed with the Lil Drakkens Pre-order, and then in another order history number it shows another Lil Drakken order along with the VF-31 Messer Supers..so what does that mean?? That I probably linked the Defenders and the Lil Drakken order to ship together since the original release dates was fairly close??? And I know I didn't order 2 sets of Lil Drakkens...HELP! 

If you preorder multiple items , none will be shipped until the last item arrives.

Most likely on your second order you still had a lildraken in your cart when you placed that preorder and was too rush to double check.  And because theres tamashii exclusive items in your order , that means youll have to pay upfront when the order was placed.  which if you check your paypal statment the amount should match what you really ordered.  So you can check that to eliminate the if and whats.

N-Y does not change orders after payment is complete.

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice Tomahawk tekering.  At first I thought it was photoshopped.

Yeah, I get that a lot.  My pictures are "too clean."  :p

I bought two HM-R Defenders -- one just for the parts -- which makes my Tomahawk an expensive custom.

I'm sure you can relate.  ;)

13 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah, I get that a lot.  My pictures are "too clean."  :p

I bought two HM-R Defenders -- one just for the parts -- which makes my Tomahawk an expensive custom.

I'm sure you can relate.  ;)

That just means you know what you're doing.

Strange, so every time my bank issues me a new card I have issues getting the transactions to clear for CDJ. So I had 3 defenders on order at CDJ and while I was waiting for the release I had moved and been issued a new card. CDJ still shipped my order out without getting payment, I find this very strange but OK I'm happy there is no delay. Every time I get a new card it takes like 5 phone calls before it ever clears. Hopefully they can get it through so they can get the funds they deserve for the items already shipped.

2 hours ago, Loop said:

Strange, so every time my bank issues me a new card I have issues getting the transactions to clear for CDJ. So I had 3 defenders on order at CDJ and while I was waiting for the release I had moved and been issued a new card. CDJ still shipped my order out without getting payment, I find this very strange but OK I'm happy there is no delay. Every time I get a new card it takes like 5 phone calls before it ever clears. Hopefully they can get it through so they can get the funds they deserve for the items already shipped.

Cdjapan should still be able to get the money.  When they issue you a new Card, all the pre approved transactions are still intact and will carry over to the new card.  That's what happens with my WellsFargo Credit Cards when it went from Mastercard to Visa.

Just got my Defender. Awesome piece yet again. Feels a bit more in-scale with the Valks than the Spartan. I'm so glad to have both though.

Bring on the Tomahawk & the Phalanx now please! Oh, and a VF-1D, the rest of Vermillion, Queadluun Rau TV, etc...

Edited by atreyu2112

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

The only thing they did end of last week was get shipping info, I have no movement either.

don't feel bad, i'm gonna be waiting till the end of the month, as i bundled mine with the Drakken super parts and as far as i can tell i can't split up the order as the defenders released early...ohh well. saves shipping i guess.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I can't believe they would ever release that scheme... so random. 

16 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Well they're releasing the Messer VF-1, which I think is even more random. So I guess anything is possible.

Was thinking the exact same thing. The Messer VF-1S came out of literally nowhere.

-b.