Hi-Metal R

joppewo

^ ... And suddenly I'm getting severe doubts about purchasing a set.  The information regarding what's included in the set has been very confusing up until this point, but with the above disclaimer from bandaionline the perceived bargain has turned into a ripoff.:wacko:

That disclaimer doesn't match the above content descriptions

2 body set with large missile, small missile subjected to marking to airframe.

Set Contains

Regult small missile equipped type
Regult large missile equipped type

Nope. I need more than this to get me to pick up another set.

I mean, I admit the p.banadai description is vague. That was already brought up a couple pages back, but one random online shop isn't enough for me to hit the panic button.

In contrast, here's the anime-export description (the important part is in bold):

A new exclusive Regult set gets in the Macross Hi-Metal R line-up!
2 different Regults are included, each one of them with different markings and a different missile set.
22 cm tall, full action, made by ABS e die-cast metal
TamashiWeb exclusive item. 

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So the Tomahawk and Phalanx in 2018 right Bandai?  Right?!?!? ;)

Now that 2-packs are an HMR thing........

2-pack VF-1EX Hayate and Mirage?

2-pack TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki?

A single DYRL Hikaru VF-1A release...or....3-pack Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki VF-1A set?

Or how about a 2-pack VF-1A DYRL Hikaru and Max and a 2-pack DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A and VF-1S Max? (forcing you to buy the set!!!)

Then DYRL launch stands with SSP's so you are forced to buy multiples to arm-up your naked DYRL VF-1A's!!!

I'm not a big HM-R collector, but I'm IN for that two. ^_^

19 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So tempted by these new Regults... I missed the first one, and told myself (based on budget and space) that I'd stick to valks, and maybe a couple of destroids. The fact that I'm currently in the process of rewatching SDFM doesn't help.

I had the similar experience but in reverse. I told myself I would stick to Zentraedi mecha but then cracked and bought some valks.

These should be up for preordering for better than a whole month, right?  I'm wondering how long I have to ponder a purchase, or more, before the window closes and I'm left SOL... I'd like to put this off as long as possible to give my wallet a chance to catch its breath, what with the pay upfront requirement and all.

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

These should be up for preordering for better than a whole month, right?  I'm wondering how long I have to ponder a purchase, or more, before the window closes and I'm left SOL... I'd like to put this off as long as possible to give my wallet a chance to catch its breath, what with the pay upfront requirement and all.

I'm not sure about the month thing. I think Premium Bandai items are made to order in batches. Once a batch is allocated to customers, that's it, and it has to do really well for Bandai to consider doing another batch. The pay now thing is not really a big deal. If you are worried about how NY does it, then I can easily recommend anime-export. They don't mess around with shipping, and they have a nice private warehouse feature if you want to combine shipments.

NY seems to have most preorders for Exclusives open until around a month before release. I've been watching the items and this seems to be the case but if you are worried, I'd say do it within a month. I haven't ordered them yet because I have a bunch of other exclusive items I want and at this point, exchange rate will make a significant difference so I'm hoping it swings up for me a bit before I place my order. 

I ordered 2 sets of the Missile Regults, I also hope the scout gets made. I could see it happening as this seems to be one of the most complete lines ever if they release all the stuff they have shown too.

I sold my original Regults and then regretted it. Wife (who is Japanese) confirmed the set contains two Regults in the above mentioned post, which necessitated an instant PO. I own zero HM-R valks, but PO'd the hell out of the VF-2SS. It has been 25 years in the making, and a wish fulfilled since the old B-Club magazine that featured the craptastic, transformable model kit Bandai did in 1992. I don't care at all about the alt-universe situation, I have lots of love for the VF-2SS, and the ET line was just not cutting it. Bandai putting in work on the HM-R line and its paying dividends!