Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Thinking about that 2-fer translation...

We might get a box that is like the TV/DYRL Mass Production 1A, which includes one base figure and all the parts to make up both types. I'd be okay with that. Of course, I'd be tickled if we got two figures this time with all the parts included. I'm not so sure about getting stickers. That would be a big change for Bandai, who has been all about printed markings--even on these smaller scale HM-R releases.

1 hour ago, Vifam7 said:

The confusing part is that it says "2体 セットとしてのリリース" . Translation: a release as a 2-fer set. 

Google Translate: Release as two body set.

In text description, '体' is always meant as body or figure. They always refer it to the main figure itself. So if the translation is right and for the price posted, it's safe to assume it will come with two figures. 

Yep.

And I'm glad stores like NY have still been around for Macross exclusives after many years of collecting.

Looking at my order history, the Regult was around 7344 JPY before the discount so the price for the set is enough for 2 Regults and a little extra for the parts.

Edited by sh9000

Looking at MFC and HLJ retail price was 6,800JPY. If it's not two separate figures 15,120 is ludicrously high. Two missile pods and a sticker sheet are absolutely NOT worth $75 by themselves.

With these and the Arcadia sdf reissue, my Macross budget for the year would be wrecked.  I'm kind of hoping these are due out early next year. 

It's also a little sad (and a maybe a comment on the state of the hobby) when people EXPECT to be gouged.  15k yen for 2 figures + 2 accessories seems pretty fair, but we're also thinking we can't get something like this without getting absolutely reamed.

Maybe the inflated secondary market prices of Regults are affecting our perception, as well.

^ If it were just the two Regults and nothing else, I would completely agree with you, but it appears to be the Regults plus a set of Large Missiles Pod and a set of Small Missiles Pod... so, double the price of 2 Regults + the additional cost of 2 Pods, which makes the final price a lot more palatable.  However, including the fancy stand would go a long way in sweetening the deal further.

About time for these guys, I was really itching for these missile types, and being TWE doesn't bother me. I'm in for three sets, possibly four since it arrears you can essentially "convert" these into regular Regults.

I'm just guessing. It mentions something about order month being July and there's only a week left this month so it should be coming out soon. Unless they'll wait until Friday. Anybody knows if there is a day in the week that they usually do preorders?

Edited by wmkjr

12 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

I'm just guessing. It mentions something about order month being July and there's only a week left this month so it should be coming out soon. Unless they'll wait until Friday. Anybody knows if there is a day in the week that they usually do preorders?

A lot of my TWE preorders were listed on Thursday and some on Friday.  My best guess is one of those two days this week or next week.

Sheesh, so many figs coming out. Do we anticipate that these will sellout quickly or something more along the lines of the VF-2SS PO?

Hopefully it will be a Friday night. I need to sleep during the week haha

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

27 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So on these Regult sets, is there any indication on the images posted above that the missile pods are removable? I missed the first Regult, and was curious if I could essentially remove the pods and use them as standard Regults in certain cases.

Yes the missile pods are removable.  The rear cannons on the Regult is a single piece that can be removed.  You can have standard Regults or ones with the missile pod attachments.

gallery_21587_791_11931.jpeg

Here it is removed on an old pic of mine.