Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Still not sure about it though. The Evolution Toy ver (I kept 1..*sigh*) were such a fugly mess. Makes me wonder if the few improvements on the HMR ver are really worth it. As always, the underside is still 'meh'....Notice the picture conveniently angled so that you can't really see too much of that mess...Seems similar to the Evo Toy underside, (aside for the shoulders/arms hinges) . Seem they added an  additional extending flap to hide all the mess of the arm articulation etc. Hopefully being a HMR everything should be nice and tight, but that Evo Toy has left me with a bad taste.

I just bought one anyway (more for completion's sake) and you know, in case it sells out in 2 days (highly unlikely....most of the Macross HMR preorders stay open for ages.....I remember doing the same for the Miria version, and it was still available on preorder shortly before release. ) 

Let's keep everything crossed ....Especially my Ma. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I know, right. Hahaha! :lol: But I have to make sure it's manageable: VF-1J, VF-2SS, (teased) VF-4. Even though would love to have a set of Destroids, I'll just stick with the Valks. ^_^

At the start I only wanted HMR Regults not the valks...now I have several valks and only 1 regult :lol:

Seems like it's already sold out :blink:. Man that was close! Lucky, as I nearly hesitated Lol. Might've jinxed it with my comment saying the HMR Macross PO stay open for ages...my bad. (It'll more than likely be available again.... for ¥20000 :lol:) Don't you just love that hobby.....

Well, that's typical!  I missed N-Y's listing, at their usual competition trouncing initial pricing, by at least an hour, it seems.  The unpredictably coy 'bastids' just had to be a day late, didn't they?...<_<  There wasn't a chance in hell I was going to camp out 2 nights in a row no matter how much money was on the line.  I'll content myself that I got one with AE at a reasonable amount, even if it had to be with upfront payment, and cancelled the other I had with HLJ.  Should the 2SS get a significant sales discount -- say, by X-mas, I'll may get another.

7 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

Well, that's typical!  I missed N-Y's listing, at their usual competition trouncing initial pricing, by at least an hour, it seems.  The unpredictably coy 'bastids' just had to be a day late, didn't they?...<_<  There wasn't a chance in hell I was going to camp out 2 nights in a row no matter how much money was on the line.  I'll content myself that I got one with AE at a reasonable amount, even if it had to be with upfront payment, and cancelled the other I had with HLJ.  Should the 2SS get a significant sales discount -- say, by X-mas, I'll may get another.

Agree...I missed it too. But glad I slept well ^_^

7 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Doh, looks like I missed out on this.  How hard are these to find once they are released generally?  Or are they like their big brothers where you have exactly 1 hour to order the thing and then it's only available at scalper prices?

Hi-Metal Rs are easy to get at MSRP or below. Just wait for HLJ to re-open their pre-orders sometime before release.

Damn it!!! I slept though the NY (NY was the place I really wanted it from).  Well at least I got one from AE - lets hope NY opens some more slots up again.

Figinstock doesn't seem to work with NY - it says URL invalid.

Edited by wm cheng

On 7/3/2017 at 10:32 PM, Slave IV said:

So sweet!

On 7/4/2017 at 5:02 AM, yman1437 said:

I really really like  this set. Good work!

23 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

That looks really cool! As much as I'm all about the official "canon" look, it's fun to imagine other possibilities.

Thanks guys.

Congrats to everybody who got a VF-2SS at NY.  :good:

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks guys.

I think I got one of the last ones....I ordered it, posted a msg in the discussion, 4 mins later sold out....Wonder if they'll have more tomorrow.....Maybe should get another one.....:ph34r:

53 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

I think I got one of the last ones....I ordered it, posted a msg in the discussion, 4 mins later sold out....Wonder if they'll have more tomorrow.....Maybe should get another one.....:ph34r:

NY will most likely have more but no longer at that low price.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks guys.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

4 mins is an eternity when it comes to these preorders, lol. Who knows how many were sold in that time.

as mentioned, NY usually does not reopen preorder at their original price will probably have some available at release for a markup. HLJ and amiami usually do have some available sporadically up to release at original price depending on how their stock goes.

31 minutes ago, Saburo said:

For everyone in the US, Happy 4th of July and for everyone outside the US here's Milia x Hikaru x Max.

34909251323_ff54e29560_h.jpg

Nice!

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Congrats to you in waiting it out!!

Haha, thanks. Just woke up (11:30 here) due to all the lost sleep.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

For everyone in the US, Happy 4th of July and for everyone outside the US here's Milia x Hikaru x Max.

Happy 4th of July.  :D

Edited by sh9000

9 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Damn it!!! I slept though the NY (NY was the place I really wanted it from).  Well at least I got one from AE - lets hope NY opens some more slots up again.

Figinstock doesn't seem to work with NY - it says URL invalid.

NY have their own build in notification system 

for items that's sold out, all you have to do is click on the red [Notify me when available] button on the item page and they will email you once more stock is available.

unfortunately it will not be the same low pre order price.   

I  slept though too.