Hi-Metal R

joppewo

So it is likely that Gilbert's unit would be a Tamashii Web Exclusive for now.

I am pretty sure this VF-2SS won't bomb as hard as the Destroids, but maybe the same demand as VF-1J and Max which were still available for 3 months after release. The main problem with this release is that it appears to be a bit overpriced. 12000 yen would be a fairer price. Perhaps they don't intend on making too many as Macross II is a niche.

Evo Toy for reference.

http://hlj.com/product/EVT57221/Act

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Thanks for that link, I was pi$$ed to miss HLJ preorder, but this has unpi$$ed my evening =-) 

:lol: I was falling asleep when that popped up. I'm glad I could help.

Edit: Looks like HLJ is order stop again. Congrats to those who got in on the last open window. ;)

Edited by technoblue

I wonder if Bandai anticipated this release being less popular and the price being a bit higher reflects how many units they could sell/should make.  No doubt this would be more popular than the ET version which immediately looked bad and didn't prove to be anything more than that at release.  Though even that release may have shown there was more demand than previously thought.  The 2SS always had a vocal minority who loved the fighter mode especially and this version gets that the most right so far.

Edited by Mommar

17 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I wonder if Bandai anticipated this release being less popular and the price being a bit higher reflects how many units they could sell/should make.  No doubt this would be more popular than the ET version which immediately looked bad and didn't prove to be anything more than that at release.  Though even that release may have shown there was more demand than previously thought.  The 2SS always had a vocal minority who loved the fighter mode especially and this version gets that the most right so far.

Well, it is a new sculpt, not like the VF-1 from years ago.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Tsk. Tsk. I should've closed my browser. After this relaxing and easy PO experience, it made me buy a VF-1J TV too at HLJ. Oh man...

xOjXbUj.gif

Excellent!  HMR has got to you.  :good:

Just preordered 3 more at AE.  Looks like I'll be making a custom Nexx, Max, and Milia.  :)

I had no idea this was coming.  I'm not a Hi-Metal R fan, and hadn't checked this thread for a while (last time was back when I was pondering whether to PO the Anniversary VF-1S as a gateway into the HMR line).  But I'm doing my standard morning check of AmiAmi, and I see the VF-2SS there.  My heart sinks as I click it, because I know it's already sold out.  And it is.

I managed to get a PO in at CD Japan, though.  It looks like I created an account there 4 years ago and never ordered anything.  So, hopefully this will be a smooth experience.

I just want a VF-2 I can play with.  I'm not angry about the Evolution Toy version as others are, but it is a supreme bummer that it's the least swooshable of all my VFs.  The last time I took it down to take a photo of it (not even handle it, just photograph it on it's stand), I had a bitch of a time trying to get the legs to stay pegged in.  It's been transformed to battloid once and then back to fighter as it is currently displayed, and I have no idea when it will ever be transformed again.  Even my next most fragile and finicky one (the VF-19 Advance) has been transformed back and forth half a dozen times.   It disappoints me, because I already had a VF-2 I could never touch because of fragility (my old model kit), but at least the Evolution Toy version still makes me happy by sitting as the centerpiece of my Valkyrie shelf.

5 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Still waiting for NY, but preordered at Amiami last night just in case. Can you cancel on them without trouble or will they punish you somehow?

I think they will eventually punish you if you cancel more than a few times.  I've cancelled once and got a warning.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Damn, what time have the last few preorders at NY gone up at? They seem to be getting later.

I think the last pre-order for the anniversary VF-1S was a few days late.  I thought at the time it was because of that festival they were having.

2 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Still waiting for NY, but preordered at Amiami last night just in case. Can you cancel on them without trouble or will they punish you somehow?

I've heard stories that not paying when the payment request comes up results in an automatic lifetime ban.

I've also heard stories that asking for cancellation of items can get you a lifetime ban.

And I've also heard stories that if you ask nicely and well in advance then you can get a cancellation with just a warning to not get too comfortable cancelling orders.

I have done one cancellation with AmiAmi.  I had pre-ordered Vol 1 of Yamato 2202 thinking it would be like 2199 and have english subtitles.  A month before the release of the BD, it was announced 2202 would not be released with English subs.  So, I sent an email to AmiAmi explaining my reasoning for wanting a cancellation of that item.  They cancelled the order and sent me back an email saying they were cancelling for me as a courtesy and to not do it again.

I wouldn't say I'm a big customer for AmiAmi, but I'm a fairly regular one.  They're currently my first stop for figures and such.

But my recommendation?  Don't order from AmiAmi unless you are absolutely sure you're going to carry through with the order.

12 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

I've heard stories that not paying when the payment request comes up results in an automatic lifetime ban.

I've also heard stories that asking for cancellation of items can get you a lifetime ban.

And I've also heard stories that if you ask nicely and well in advance then you can get a cancellation with just a warning to not get too comfortable cancelling orders.

I have done one cancellation with AmiAmi.  I had pre-ordered Vol 1 of Yamato 2202 thinking it would be like 2199 and have english subtitles.  A month before the release of the BD, it was announced 2202 would not be released with English subs.  So, I sent an email to AmiAmi explaining my reasoning for wanting a cancellation of that item.  They cancelled the order and sent me back an email saying they were cancelling for me as a courtesy and to not do it again.

I wouldn't say I'm a big customer for AmiAmi, but I'm a fairly regular one.  They're currently my first stop for figures and such.

But my recommendation?  Don't order from AmiAmi unless you are absolutely sure you're going to carry through with the order.

Thanks. I knew there was a reason I was hesitant of ordering with them. I guess their price is not the worse out there, so I'll just stick with them this time. Mykombini also has a history of taking a few days to put up their Hi-metal preorders up, BTW.

I think AE might end up being one of my goto stores for future HMR purchases.  I've got a nice pile of loot building up there so far.  My personal first choice will still be NY though.