Hi-Metal R

joppewo

From machine translation:

Set Contents: Body · Landing Leg Complete (swap-in landing gear for fighter mode?), · Gun Pod · Replacement Wrist Right and Left 3 Types · Replacement Small Wing Parts (extra tail fins?  Shorter wings for Battroid mode?) · SAP Unit Complete · SAP Squire Drone × 4 (Yay!) · Complete joint parts for soul STAGE · Replacement antenna

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

You mean this tab right? Shouldn't that be enoug?.

item_0000012210_Zo0m7cpS_05.jpg

Yes, I was referring to those tabs. I don't have the ET version, but the reviews I've seen/read show that they also have only one set of tabs connecting the arms to the legs (same as what the HMR has). But in the case of the HMR, the tabs are proportionately larger and the legs won't be as heavy, so hopefully it won't be as flimsy as the ET version.

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

it's got at least 100% more tabs than the ET version.

I dunno. They both seem to have the same number of tabs for the arms and legs. I would like to be wrong though.

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

it's got at least 100% more tabs than the ET version.

line art says...

vf-2ss-sap-battroid-frontback-closed.gif

mechanically that's how it's supposed to work but it's more dressed up than on the toy.

Yeah the lineart back support bar looks way btr and out of the way than the HMR or evo implementations.

I guess it was too difficult to follow the lineart, not sure how that would work in physical form, looks like possibility of the disc moving along the top ceiling of the cannon pack, or compression going on at the hinge.

Macross lineart is always da bomb. Look at em gorgeous lines, and i thk the HMR captured a lot of it.

Can't believe this is 1/100?! It certainly turned out so much better than I had hoped. It could almost pass for a 1/60DX. The bottom kibble is fine for this "anime magic" transformation process too (in fact there is some kibble/mechanical stuff in that area even in the lineart). So impressed, definitely captured the sleekness of the design.  Might need to get 2 one in each mode... Not looking forward to the Pre-order madness though :(  Maybe MacrossII isn't as popular?!  One can hope.  Please no one on these boards buy it, its not really the Holy Floating Head's design afterall :p 

to put it n perspective...this is a 1/100 valk with dx-vf25 v2 pricing.

I hope the price is cuz it's such a niche valk. Bandai better not go all Play Arts Kai on us with the pricing >_<

Edited by Duymon

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

One thing for sure, and members here will surely agree, that underside is better than this...

5wN6MSk.jpg

This one is much better looking even if it still says 'The picture is for illustrative purposes only'. ^_^
BVp7sJ2.jpg

Here's the lineart for comparison.
jMECxtl.jpg

It's like Night & Day with these two VF's. I appreciate ET giving it a try, but Bandai has come through with a true winner! See you all on PO night!! :D

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

to put it n perspective...this is a 1/100 valk with dx-vf25 v2 pricing.

I hope the price is cuz it's such a niche valk. Bandai better not go all Play Arts Kai on us with the pricing >_<

To be fair, this is a 1/100 scale valk with super parts for the price of a naked 1/60 scale valk. the price of a DX-25 renewal+super parts was 18,500 (if you could actually get it for that price). (and honestly I think the SAP packs do more than the VF-25 super parts).

Edited by anime52k8

Awwwwww yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!! Those are some awesome pics right there. The legs in fighter mode appear to be flush with the wings and go straight back (no drooping :good:) That gives me a lot of hope that fighter mode will have the proper flat profile.

I also like that the gun is scaled better than ET's so it doesn't look like a pea shooter. I wonder if it is going to be able to be attached in basic fighter mode though. I didn't see any kind of connection point, but the view was limited so maybe it's still there.

PO day can't get here soon enough.

7 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I was 99% going to pass on this figure but it's growing on me lol

You lose. It's the 1% that's going to make you buy this one. And not the 99% of avoiding it. :lol:

6 hours ago, auberondreaming said:

That's the way you do a vf-2!  I hope this has a ton of interest so one of the two companies who know what they are doing take a shot at a 1/60th version with this engineering.

You can bet that Evolution Toys will go back to their drawing board once Bandai releases this so that they can reverse-engineer it and slap a 'Renewal/ver.2' on their 1/60 release and charge us Y38000 again. ;) 

5 hours ago, Duymon said:

I hate you all. Why did I have to check this topic?

Now I need to stay up late on sunday -_-

We hate you now for checking on this thread, Duymon. That means we have another contestant for PO night. ^_^ 

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Yes, I was referring to those tabs. I don't have the ET version, but the reviews I've seen/read show that they also have only one set of tabs connecting the arms to the legs (same as what the HMR has). But in the case of the HMR, the tabs are proportionately larger and the legs won't be as heavy, so hopefully it won't be as flimsy as the ET version.

I dunno. They both seem to have the same number of tabs for the arms and legs. I would like to be wrong though.

From the looks of it, those tabs is somehow good enough since this is just a small toy. Bandai's tabs looks wider and bigger for a 1/100 figure compared to the Evolution's 1/60 figure.

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yeah the lineart back support bar looks way btr and out of the way than the HMR or evo implementations.

I guess it was too difficult to follow the lineart, not sure how that would work in physical form, looks like possibility of the disc moving along the top ceiling of the cannon pack, or compression going on at the hinge.

Macross lineart is always da bomb. Look at em gorgeous lines, and i thk the HMR captured a lot of it.

Gorgeous, right? I'm no HM-R collector, but I'm really really going to nab one of this. ;) 

4 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Can't believe this is 1/100?! It certainly turned out so much better than I had hoped. It could almost pass for a 1/60DX. The bottom kibble is fine for this "anime magic" transformation process too (in fact there is some kibble/mechanical stuff in that area even in the lineart). So impressed, definitely captured the sleekness of the design.  Might need to get 2 one in each mode... Not looking forward to the Pre-order madness though :(  Maybe MacrossII isn't as popular?!  One can hope.  Please no one on these boards buy it, its not really the Holy Floating Head's design afterall :p 

Yup, me too. Hoping for two. But if I can actually nab one during PO madness, I'll be happy. Looking forward to see you on PO night, Mr. Cheng! ^_^ 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

It's like Night & Day with these two VF's. I appreciate ET giving it a try, but Bandai has come through with a true winner! See you all on PO night!! :D

Oh, you can really bet Evolution Toys will do another round of this one after Bandai's release. :lol: 

54 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I also like that the gun is scaled better than ET's so it doesn't look like a pea shooter. I wonder if it is going to be able to be attached in basic fighter mode though. I didn't see any kind of connection point, but the view was limited so maybe it's still there.

IIRC, there was no indication that the gunpod can be attached in Fighter mode based on lineart. 

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

IIRC, there was no indication that the gunpod can be attached in Fighter mode based on lineart. 

I don't know if it is anime accurate or not either but I would still like it to be there. I prefer that than just having it appear out of thin air for gerwalk or battroid.

The underside is still messy but way better than the ET version, and it's probably all in the original design anyway, rather than sloppiness on Bandai's part.

For the price they're asking, this thing better be goddamn amazing. I find the HMR VF-1 to be disappointing, and as far as I can tell this will actually be the first real perfect transformation toy from the HMR line. At least I'm hoping there's no part-swapping.

I doubt it'll be perfect transformation just because the hands don't look like they fold in. Landing gear (if any) will also be a snap on part. I don't think HMR will satisfy you if you're after perfect transformation.

Edited by ArchieNov

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

At the very least, that canopy cover in battroid has to be a clip on part right? What's going on with the landing gear? It seems like this will be just as "perfect transformation" as the VF-1.

Looking at the pictures, I don't think the heatshield is a separate piece from the chest. It appears to be fixed, and the cockpit folds/slides underneath it.

The landing gear are still a mystery. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap out like the VF-1 gear.

Edited by technoblue

1 minute ago, technoblue said:

Looking at the pictures, I don't think the heatshield is a separate piece from the chest. It appears to be fixed, and the cockpit folds/slides underneath it.

The landing gear are still a mystery. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap out like the VF-1 gear.

Agreed on both points.  I see trap doors where the landing gear "should" be stored but they probably just swap-in/out once the doors are opened.  I think this is just the cost of doing business for a VF at 1/100 scale.

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Okay, so  I guess this is the start of the "Make a DX" wishlist. 
1) Integrated Heat shield
2) Integrated Hands
3) Integrated Landing gear

I expect those to be standard for a DX release.

I don't use the landing gear or chicken hands (they're as bad as the old 1/48 chicken hands) on the VF-1 but I dislike having to swap the canopy and gunpod handle to transform it.

The VF-2SS is a larger aircraft so I'm hoping Bandai can do better this time around. Considering it's nearly double the price of an HMR VF-1 w/super parts, it better be.

14 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Yeah, I could see that, it is a bit of a simpler layout so it could all just work. The landing gear definitely don't have hinges so I think those being plug-ins is inevitable.