Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Bandai should add a few accessories like they did with the tieren.  Yamato did it with pilots and engineers and flight deck guys for the Tomahawk.   

They should have drilled the cockpit for the Spartan like the tieren from bandai Gundam. 

7-tieren-ground-type-1100th-scale-model-kit-gundam-00.jpg

destroidtomahawk.jpg

Edited by beatsing

17 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The spartan is a great little figure. It's quite heavy for the size and includes a lot of detail. I think you'll enjoy it when it finally arrives. 

>> Letter Carrier enroute to delivery

Awright can't wait to get home now! :D

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Make-It-So.png

Can you stop linking to laughshop? My office antivirus flagged the site as having a malware/virus. The network admin made me do a virus scan T_T

On-topic: I got my HMR Spartan! It's quite sturdier than the valks, I like it a lot. Very nice to play with. :D

large.20170628_spartansynthhuman.png.4e414339a886ab49090d448d0d54d522.png

6 hours ago, hachi said:

Can you stop linking to laughshop? My office antivirus flagged the site as having a malware/virus. The network admin made me do a virus scan T_T

On-topic: I got my HMR Spartan! It's quite sturdier than the valks, I like it a lot. Very nice to play with. :D

large.20170628_spartansynthhuman.png.4e414339a886ab49090d448d0d54d522.png

I love the Spartan -- its so beefy and durable -- feels like a proper toy from the 80s in my hands, but with modern touches. Looking forward to the rest of the destroids.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:42 AM, jvmacross said:

Make-It-So.png

6 hours ago, hachi said:

Ha! It's not even JVM's fault. You shouldn't browse MWForums while at work.:nea:You made your office antivirus flagged the site. Now it's going to get blocked by your network admin. Hahaha! J/K :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ha! It's not even JVM's fault. You shouldn't browse MWForums while at work.:nea:You made your office antivirus flagged the site. Now it's going to get blocked by your network admin. Hahaha! J/K :lol:

Actually it's the 2nd time this year I got flagged while browsing MWF T_T

Looks like I'll have to slow down on accessing MWF at work for a while, except when there's new HMR stuff I want to buy :D

7 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Underside looked a little complicated but fine to me from what I saw, but I'm not actually very familiar with the VF-2 so I don't know.

One thing for sure, and members here will surely agree, that underside is better than this...

5wN6MSk.jpg

This one is much better looking even if it still says 'The picture is for illustrative purposes only'. ^_^
BVp7sJ2.jpg

Here's the lineart for comparison.
jMECxtl.jpg

One thing kinda worries me though. I'm checking the legs and arms and I only see one set of tabs that connect them to each other in fighter mode. I was hoping there would be additional pegs/tabs that would connect the legs to the body for added rigidity in fighter, but can't seem to find any from the pics. 

I really do hope that this doesn't suffer from the floppiness of the ET version.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Let's paint this thread, shall we? ^_^

Ok Painting painting..:lol: j/king....

vf-2ss-acrobaticred-battroid_small.gif.c6477e49c8e2d6dacd0160125279ccdb.gifvf-2ss-acrobaticorange-battroid_small.gif.68a9a3907bb4b7ebb42d4d1a4ee27510.gif

am really hoping they release the acrobatic versions now...:wub: just will have to wait for sh9000 to customise them till then!

Back to the topic at hand, yup they got the proportions and look of the vf2ss pretty down accurate i must say.  Cant remember if there was that unslightly bar on the back, holding up the cannon pack on the head, but i guess you cant run away from a form of support.

Plus its a nice touch the missile doors on the SAP packs open up and arent just for display.

I must say SAP gerwalk mode looks like a total TANK on legs!

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

One thing kinda worries me though. I'm checking the legs and arms and I only see one set of tabs that connect them to each other in fighter mode. I was hoping there would be additional pegs/tabs that would connect the legs to the body for added rigidity in fighter, but can't seem to find any from the pics. 

I really do hope that this doesn't suffer from the floppiness of the ET version.

Yup am wondering how the leg joints also avoid from spreading too far apart in gerwalk mode. There must be a hinge mechanism helping it angle out, but i cant seem to see it.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's the lineart for comparison.
jMECxtl.jpg

It doesn't look like the HMR has a tilt up mechanism for the wings in gerwalk mode, those hinges seem more attached to the shoulders than the wing. But if the wings do angle up, thats some pretty nifty engineering there!

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

You mean this tab right? Shouldn't that be enoug?.

item_0000012210_Zo0m7cpS_05.jpg

3 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

it's got at least 100% more tabs than the ET version.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Cant remember if there was that unslightly bar on the back, holding up the cannon pack on the head, but i guess you cant run away from a form of support.

line art says...

vf-2ss-sap-battroid-frontback-closed.gif

mechanically that's how it's supposed to work but it's more dressed up than on the toy.