Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

They showed so much stuff all at once, it's gonna take a long time to get through all of it.

Do we have any confirmation/reason to believe that they will though? I am prepared to wait patiently for the Nousjadeul-Ger, the TV Queadluun-Rau and the Missile Variant Regults IF they are actually coming.

1 minute ago, Podtastic said:

Do we have any confirmation/reason to believe that they will though? I am prepared to wait patiently for the Nousjadeul-Ger, the TV Queadluun-Rau and the Missile Variant Regults IF they are actually coming.

I don't think there's any logical reason to doubt that they won't.  They've been steadily releasing product for the line ever since the first release.  As someone else said a few pages back I think what they're doing is pacing it out so as not to suddenly lose customers that were only in for the Macross products.  Pretty smart strategy if you ask me.

Besides, if they weren't doing what they're doing we wouldn't have such sustaining product line to fuel our habit and give us fun stuff to chat about month after month :p

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

as Julian stated, hi metal future releases depends on the sales of the line. it looks like the line is doing well  vs. prior when line failed. 

i really like the enemy mechs and destroids that the line offers, just don't think highly of the part add-on vf-1 which is essentially the same design as before when it died. i guess bandai brainwashed everyone by adding an "R" to the name. but as long as it is successful, it looks like they will release more enemy mechs 

I'm very happy that the HM-R line exists.  My collection started with it so I never experienced the older version but I'm also not particular when it comes to parts forming / perfect transformation.  I think it's a great line to compliment our other options.  It's a good time for newbies like me ;)

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

As someone else said a few pages back I think what they're doing is pacing it out so as not to suddenly lose customers that were only in for the Macross products.  Pretty smart strategy if you ask me.

I think it was me that said something to that effect. :D

And it would seem that Bandai is even spacing things out across different Macross series, instead of pushing out all SDFM or DYRL first. As far as finishing what they originally announced, I would agree it's more of a "when" than an "if". Though it wouldn't surprise me if something like the VT-1 ends up being released later than sooner, as it's something that many (myself included) are really interested in.

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

Besides, if they weren't doing what they're doing we wouldn't have such sustaining product line to fuel our habit and give us fun stuff to chat about month after month :p

Plus the slower stream of releases makes it easier on the bank account, especially when there are certain ones that you decide to skip.

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

They showed so much stuff all at once, it's gonna take a long time to get through all of it.

This, too.

I'm on the fence about ordering the VF-2SS. I really liked the design when I first saw it years ago, and right now it's up for PO in local stores, but with the price tag and smaller scale, it's a difficult decision. Bandai won't make a 1/60 of it, and it looks like it won't be a huge seller, so stock should be available when it hits. Usually, regardless of popularity, I'm there with the 'take my money' mentality but maybe this time I should adopt a wait and see strategy.

Thoughts? 

Edited by Shukenzero

Sep 2015 - VF-1J Armored Valkyrie ¥9,800

Nov 2015 - VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo) ¥8,800

Feb 2016 - Regult ¥6,800 

April 2016- VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy Focker) ¥16,390

May 2016- Glaug ¥13,000

Jul 2016 - HWR-00-MKII Monster ¥25,000

Aug 2016 = end of 12 month HMR release schedule

Macross HMR Total for 1st Year= 6

Sep 2016 - VF-1A Standard Production Model ¥7,344

Oct 2016 - VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo) ¥9,288

Nov 2016 - VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max Jenius) ¥9,288

Mar 2017 - VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia Jenius) ¥9,690

Apr 2017 - Super Valkyrie Missile Effect Set ¥4,690

May 2017 - MBR-07-MKII Destroid Spartan ¥7,344

Aug 2017 - ADR-04-MKX Destroid Defender ¥7,344

Current Macross HMR Total for 2nd Year = 7

Sep 2017 - VF-1S Valkyrie (Macross 35th Anniversary Messer Color Ver.) ¥8,640

Nov 2017 - VF-2SS +SAP ¥15,120

Dec 2017 - Regult Missile Parts Set  ¥15,120

Current Macross HMR Total for 3rd Year = ???

The VF-1S Valkyrie (Macross 35th Anniversary Messer Color Ver.) is technically the first release for the 3rd year of HM-R releases.....and we now know know about the first 3 releases....

I would think a Tomahawk or an accessory will be next....

..Or how about the launch arm with SSP set.....how many would you buy??? :rolleyes:

5639b56426916.jpg

As for what is left that they have previously teased (not including the "Voting" options)....

N-Ger (DYRL-type)....Tomahawk....Phalanx.....Elint...SuperO....VF-1A Kakizaki TV-type....

5639cc482ff84.jpg

5639b4d01896f.jpg

5639b4fe08b04.jpg

5639b53f48313.jpg

...And some others....

sb021

a16

...since the VF-2SS is coming.....hopefully the others seen here will follow soon....

5639b3df937e8.jpg

m08.jpg

If they stick to 7 Macross HM-R releases per year....then maybe we get at the end of the 3rd HMR year....

1. VF-1S Valkyrie (Macross 35th Anniversary Messer Color Ver.)

2. VF-2SS w/SAP

3. Regult Missile add-on set

4. Tomahawk

5. Phalanx

6. N-Ger DYRL

7. Macross Delta 2-pack VF-1EX Hayate & Mirage

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

If they stick to 7 Macross HM-R releases per year....then maybe we get....

1. VF-2SS

2. Regult add-ons

3. Tomahawk

4. Phalanx

5. N-Ger DYRL

6. SuperO

7. ElintSeeker

Being the 35th Anniversary of DYRL...I am thinking that we will see the HM-R VE-1 and VT-1 next year....

I thought DYRL came out in '84, meaning the 35th wouldn't be until 2019? (I hope it's not that long before we see those last valks...)

Gods, $150 for the VF-2SS, not sure I can stomach that after already getting the Bandai version at the same, especially with the work needed to fix it.

The Monster though I'll see about grabbing, always wanted one of those bad boys and will be much cheaper then the Forgeworld version.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Being the 35th Anniversary of DYRL...I am thinking that we will see the HM-R VE-1 and VT-1 next year....

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I thought DYRL came out in '84, meaning the 35th wouldn't be until 2019? (I hope it's not that long before we see those last valks...)

Ok. Don't want to sound like an idiot, but which anniversary are we celebrating again? The original series (1982) or DYRL (1984)?

On 2017-6-22 at 3:18 PM, wm cheng said:

Woohooo!!!!  The whole reason I subscribed to this thread in the first place :p  I had my 1/48s & 1/60s that I'm happy with and my old 1/100 ARII transforming models from high school.  BUT this VF-2SS was what I was waiting for all along and it looks great so far - great proportions.  Interested to see what it looks like underneath though.  The EVOs are such a big dissappointment. 

Yeah, me too - I've been waiting on this for ages. I hope I have better luck than the VF 31C. I need one for each mode I think. 

This is going to hurt.

17 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Macross' anniversary, of course!

Ok ok. Now it's clear. Got confused from the previous posts from you and ScrambledValkyrie. Hahaha! :lol:

Ok, knowing that it's the original series anniversary this October, we're just getting these following items beyond October up until December of this year: 
- DX Vf-31F Super Parts
- HM-R VF-1S Messer
- 1/60 Super VF-1J Max

Just double checking.

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok ok. Now it's clear. Got confused from the previous posts from you and ScrambledValkyrie. Hahaha! :lol:

Ok, knowing that it's the original series anniversary this October, we're just getting these following items beyond October up until December of this year: 

Here's another perspective, no3Ljm: this year is just the beginning. ;)

11 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Here's another perspective, no3Ljm: this year is just the beginning. ;)

Hahaha! I know that now. I'm just double checking if the first wave is just what I listed above so I won't panic coming next year. :lol:

12 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

If they stick to that release order by jvmacross I might have reason to get excited again. 2018 could be a good year :D

4 hours ago, hachi said:

I'm getting impatient as my Spartan hasn't been delivered yet. It was a holiday yesterday though so all I can do now is wait T_T

The spartan is a great little figure. It's quite heavy for the size and includes a lot of detail. I think you'll enjoy it when it finally arrives.