Hi-Metal R

joppewo

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

My wish for Bandai is to continue to release every possible HMR Valkyrie variant, mecha, and accessory/effect part from SDFM and DYRL while occasionally releasing at least one Valkyrie from every other Macross series and then expanding on them later.

Oh and I'd buy HMR Orguss and a HMR Orguss Valkyrie.  :wub:

I've never seen Orguss.  Does it have cool enemy mecha?

You can google Orguss to see the mechs... that's a pretty subjective question. I've never been a fan.

I still think Bandai should do HMR Votoms but they probably won't because it would cannibalize their 1/20 model sales.

Where's my VF-1D, VE-1, VT-1, Tomahawk, and Phalanx Bandai? Fingers crossed for more SDF Macross release news... though I'm happy with news of other Macross series as well.

Well after seeing these updated pics I'm all in. That's one sleek and sexy battroid.

I know the price is a bit higher, but the fast packs and more complex transformation along with looking fantastic are all the thing I want in a vf.

Well after seeing these updated pics I'm all in. That's one sleek and sexy battroid.

I know the price is a bit higher, but the fast packs and more complex transformation along with looking fantastic are all the thing I want in a vf.

38 minutes ago, jenius said:

You can google Orguss to see the mechs... that's a pretty subjective question. I've never been a fan.

I still think Bandai should do HMR Votoms but they probably won't because it would cannibalize their 1/20 model sales.

Where's my VF-1D, VE-1, VT-1, Tomahawk, and Phalanx Bandai? Fingers crossed for more SDF Macross release news... though I'm happy with news of other Macross series as well.

Well the story looks interesting but what I can see of the mecha don't really interest me at first blush.

Nice to see Bandai expanding the HMR line into more series. I haven't yet seen Mac II, so not as much interest on my part, but the VF-2 is a good looking design, and I can understand the excitement given the relative lack of VF-2 toys out there. 

Personally I'm in with those who are disappointed to see the Tomahawk delayed further, and wondering when in the world we will see the VT-1 and VE-1 that were teased long ago. 

But again, looking at the big picture, the way Bandai is growing the line is a good thing. Realistically I think they are trying to hook more fans into the line through connections to other series, thus expanding the pool of potential buyers for any future releases. They probably know the demand for destroids and 2-seater VF-1s, and may be holding them for a while as a future payoff, to generate more interest in the line, and also to guard against people jumping off the HMR train once their SDFM & DYRL collections are complete.

No other Macross toy line has given us the opportunity to collect such a wide range of characters and mecha. Previously only model kits offered that kind of variety.

For that reason, I'm in the for the long haul with Macross Hi-Metal R.

I guess I would rather see plus valks, but I do like this design as well and am glad it's not one of the newer ones yet. I do still want the rest of the og mecha, but as long as they eventually come out before I'm too old or bankrupt I'll be alright.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

But again, looking at the big picture, the way Bandai is growing the line is a good thing. Realistically I think they are trying to hook more fans into the line through connections to other series, thus expanding the pool of potential buyers for any future releases. They probably know the demand for destroids and 2-seater VF-1s, and may be holding them for a while as a future payoff, to generate more interest in the line, and also to guard against people jumping off the HMR train once their SDFM & DYRL collections are complete.

I think so.  I hope to see the Tomahawk preorder before or after August.

Serious question...

Is there really a NEED to succumb to preorder madness for the VF-2? I just searched eBay for "Hi Metal R Macross," and they're very reasonably priced. Many have prices in the double-digits. The more-expensive stuff is still within $40, plus or minus, of a ~$150 average.

Is it that risky a plan to just wait for the VF-2 to hit mass retail and get one on an American site, such as eBay and Amazon?

3 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Serious question...

Is there really a NEED to succumb to preorder madness for the VF-2? I just searched eBay for "Hi Metal R Macross," and they're very reasonably priced. Many have prices in the double-digits. The more-expensive stuff is still within $40, plus or minus, of a ~$150 average.

Is it that risky a plan to just wait for the VF-2 to hit mass retail and get one on an American site, such as eBay and Amazon?

It's always better to preorder items that you may be interested in. I wouldn't recommend staying up until 3am mashing the F5 key but if you can get in a PO then do it.

You can always sell it if you decide not to keep it. 

If you miss the PO it's not the end of the world. You will just have to pay an extra 20-30% after release. 

17 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Serious question...

Well, the easy answer is I'd rather not pay around $40 (or any amount) more for something if I don't have to. Every dollar saved adds up when you buy as much stuff as I do so I always look for the best deals. Pre-ordering from certain sites always ensures I get the lowest price unless something goes on clearance later on.

49 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

It's always better to preorder items that you may be interested in. I wouldn't recommend staying up until 3am mashing the F5 key but if you can get in a PO then do it.

You can always sell it if you decide not to keep it. 

If you miss the PO it's not the end of the world. You will just have to pay an extra 20-30% after release. 

37 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Well, the easy answer is I'd rather not pay around $40 (or any amount) more for something if I don't have to. Every dollar saved adds up when you buy as much stuff as I do so I always look for the best deals. Pre-ordering from certain sites always ensures I get the lowest price unless something goes on clearance later on.

Pretty much this.

Oh, I see. WELL THEN.

What's the best place to preorder Macross stuff? I do most of my preorders on Big Bad Toy Store, but they don't have Macross products for some strange reason.

What I like about BBTS is their Pile of Loot feature. When your preorder arrives, it goes into your Pile of Loot. You choose when to ship, which means 1 shipment could contain 5 different preordered items, all of which came in at different times, and you only need to pay for shipping once.

What I don't like about preordering at most stores is that you put in a preorder, it arrives, then it ships to you, and you pay shipping for that 1 preordered item.

Edited by Lord_Of_Tetris

Nippon Yassan tends to be cheaper. You can combine orders that are not yet paid. 

Hobby Link Japan is a little more expensive and you can also store items in your Personal Warehouse for 60 days. 

Ami Ami is decent but they offer less shipping options. You can only combine by release month. 

Anime Export is also decent and you can store your stuff for a while before shipping. 

I believe BBTS is quite expensive when compared to any of the above, and you already know that they do not sell macross items.