Hi-Metal R

joppewo

To me, the Spartan's the best HM-R yet (Along with the Monster). Great detail and panel lines and decals. They didn't cut corners on this guy.

Best of all, we have new modern metal joints.

Edited by arbit

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Got mine yesterday.   I'm late to the party but this Spartan is rad.  At least that's after my 10 minute experience with it.  Lot's of metal in nearly every joint.  I didn't know you could bend the waist joint to make it taller.  Can't wait to get the other 3 Destroids. 

Yeah. To be honest I never really liked the Spartan but after mine arrived I wished I'd had the funds for two or three more.  Very cool, and the toy sold me on the design.

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I like how all of the weapons are ready when the hatches are opened.  Can't wait for the Defenders, Tomahawks, and Phalanxes.

This gimmick that the missiles is pushed forward was on the model kits from wave for the Tomahawk. 

Hi Im from Argentina and im new in collecting hmr, damn im so glad that i found this forum. Recently i was able to pre order both 35 aniversary vf and the destroy defender just because i was curious if there was something available in hlj and they were up. Anyone knows when the next pre order or wich one would be? I dont want to miss any pre orders like the ones last year. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, pache182 said:

Hi Im from Argentina and im new in collecting hmr, damn im so glad that i found this forum. Recently i was able to pre order both 35 aniversary vf and the destroy defender just because i was curious if there was something available in hlj and they were up. Anyone knows when the next pre order or wich one would be? I dont want to miss any pre orders like the ones last year. Thank you!

Welcome... Puedes ver este link oficial de bandai y estar atento al foro. Siempre alguien aporta con las fichas de Pre order.

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/1/?number=20&brand=

Saludos desde Chile.

I hope to do a new fighter mode pic too.  This pic needs an update.

IMG_1846.thumb.JPG.4df4d0a380fe33932568be7c4ec7195f.JPG

By next month I'll try to make more customs and some city landscapes as well.

Edited by sh9000

Guys I'm having second thoughts about the HMR Defender. How many weeks before release will I still be able to cancel my preorder from HLJ?

I want to have the option in case I get impulsive on something else. I'm just not as compelled to have it, unlike with the Spartan.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/201048750-Canceling-Orders?mobile_site=true

"If a cancellation is absolutely necessary, here's how to proceed:

If your order has not yet entered payment processing, just use My Account to call up your order, and then follow the instructions on the screen."

Ok, so basically means before they ask for payment. While it might sound like I preordered the Defender on impulse, I really did like the brown color. I'll have the rest of June and the whole of July to ponder on the preorder then.

The best thing about HLJ is that you can just order everything under the sun just in case then cancel all the stuff you don't actually want. They don't care as long as you haven't been asked to pay yet.

From looking at various sites it's a bit surprising to me that the VF-1J Max and Hikaru are still so readily available, especially Hikaru, who's still up on HLJ. Granted that many of the ones out there are not always MISB, or may be marked up a bit in price. But the supply on them seems more plentiful than any other HMR release, or perhaps the demand for them is lower? In contrast, the CF 1A released about the same time is now getting harder to find, likely due to army-building.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I have less experience in this hobby than many of you, but It tends to make me a bit less anxious to snag one during the PO window in the future.

If you want a particular item then it's almost certainly better to pre-order. You can always sell it if you decide that you don't want to keep it.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

From looking at various sites it's a bit surprising to me that the VF-1J Max and Hikaru are still so readily available, especially Hikaru, who's still up on HLJ. Granted that many of the ones out there are not always MISB, or may be marked up a bit in price. But the supply on them seems more plentiful than any other HMR release, or perhaps the demand for them is lower? In contrast, the CF 1A released about the same time is now getting harder to find, likely due to army-building.

I'm guessing the Hikaru and Max HMR 1J's are still available because they were already released back in the old High-Metal line (sans the minor HMR improvements). Compounding matters for Hikaru's 1J, prospective buyers might be more interested in purchasing the HMR VF-1J + GBP combo since that VF-1J is nearly identical to Hikaru's TV VF-1J.

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

.. the CF 1A released about the same time is now getting harder to find, likely due to sh9000.

Here, lemme fix that for you. :lol: