Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm still waiting for the synthetic human (June release) to ship with the Spartan and I am envious of you guys who are playing with it right now. If I wasn't on the lookout for new release news I would have stayed away from this thread. ^_^;

6 hours ago, hachi said:

I'm still waiting for the synthetic human (June release) to ship with the Spartan and I am envious of you guys who are playing with it right now. If I wasn't on the lookout for new release news I would have stayed away from this thread. ^_^;

Me too he he. 

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Spartan looks amazing. Look forward to getting mine!

I know I'm late in the game but holy crap is this thing good!

Macross_HMR_GBP_DSC05526_zpsvih7hbph.jpg

Macross_HMR_GBP_DSC05524_zpsqxjhhdiz.jpg

Macross_HMR_GBP_DSC05522_zps0w3ug47q.jpg

And to think I almost didn't get one and thought I would be ok with it.:fool:

I know all the rage right now is new, like the Spartan and the 31J Super Parts so here's some other new stuff that seems seriously underrated:

Macross_HMR_GBP_DSC05519_zpskcsd21ym.jpg

Macross_HMR_GBP_DSC05515_zpsv75tmbhw.jpg

These missile effects are so versatile and let you achieve the look we all have in our heads when we think about Macross. It's like a dream come true.

Nice photos.   I'm regretting not buying the missile effects, but they seemed a bit overpriced compared with the other effect parts, and I don't use them that much. 

3 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Nice photos.   I'm regretting not buying the missile effects, but they seemed a bit overpriced compared with the other effect parts, and I don't use them that much. 

Thanks! The missile effects were literally something I was begging for and mentioned I wanted shortly before they were announced. Definitely a dream come true since I was a kid and the imagination is the limit on what you can do with them. Price is high but everything is overpriced these days. My enjoyment and satisfaction from one night of playing is already worth it. 

Oh yeah, I also discovered what I think is the backpack click lock mentioned. It doesn't click or lock when you fold it up but the double joint has a distinct click and lock which helps it stay in place. Is that what you guys are talking about it am I still missing something?

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Oh yeah, I also discovered what I think is the backpack click lock mentioned. It doesn't click or lock when you fold it up but the double joint has a distinct click and lock which helps it stay in place. Is that what you guys are talking about it am I still missing something?

That's it yes. I tried it on my original HM vf-1j hikaru release but it doesn't seem to have it or maybe it's just way too stiff. I'll check my original HM Roy and Max too

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_3598.thumb.PNG.9d5d83a64a9de6b19c35aa5b316f6809.PNGIMG_3599.PNG.05de43a97330a033d6ef2141c91a01ec.PNG

Not bad.

There is absolutely no way that hideous color is simply due to lighting conditions, background scatter, or camera settings. I could live with beige with a violet tint, but full-on violet toned down with gray is so wrong that it's going to take a serious amount of rationalization, or a fantastically great price, to make that right finger click the preorder button on this HM-R...  How could you Bandai?  How could you so massively screw up so horrendously on the color specs for the most iconic and anticipated Destroid of the all?

We can only hope and pray that, when Tomahawk pre-orders are finally solicited, they'll have promotional images of a properly-painted test shot to present... and the paint masters will be based on that, not this lavender-and-turquoise monstrosity!

Hopefully they will fix the color but I'm in for 1 or 2 either way. I love the destroids and am happy to get my hands on these little guys. 

Any indication as to when the pre order for the tomahawk will go live?

10 hours ago, jenius said:

Jump to 4:45  then jump to 5:59

If anyone has a Hi-Metal R backpack that locks into place as well as the OHM VF-1J Max I'm handling in the video. 

Yeah, I don't think my HMRs do that. It's what I described with the hinge. In my case, I clicked/locked the hinge before folding the backpack up which makes it fit nicely and stays in place but not locked. 

Just now, sh9000 said:

large.IMG_3602.JPG.de30dcd49b4040bf333bf

I still haven't had time to open my extra sets of HM VF-1 Super Parts.  They look good on the CF VF-1J.

Looks excellent! I'm starting to want more GBP armor parts after getting my first one. Can't get over how good a job Bandai did on that set. 

The final colors may be different than the display pieces. Seems to me that the Spartan was more pea-green at the Tamashii stand than the final shade.

HMR Spartan 2.jpg

On ‎2017‎/‎05‎/‎27 at 9:06 PM, Slave IV said:

Thanks! The missile effects were literally something I was begging for and mentioned I wanted shortly before they were announced. Definitely a dream come true since I was a kid and the imagination is the limit on what you can do with them. Price is high but everything is overpriced these days. My enjoyment and satisfaction from one night of playing is already worth it. 

Wonder if they will work with the artillery pods. If those are ever released.

35 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Wonder if they will work with the artillery pods. If those are ever released.

They will "work" with anything you want them to work with. As for tabbing onto other items, probably not but only the cluster missiles are designed to do that anyway. Just use tack or stands to set them up with whatever you want. The pictures of the missiles with my GBP are just using stands. 

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I don't think my HMRs do that. It's what I described with the hinge. In my case, I clicked/locked the hinge before folding the backpack up which makes it fit nicely and stays in place but not locked. 

Definitely no full lock on any of mine.  The TV Hikaru vf-1j probably has the most distinctive hinge/slide movement out of mine, but it is still not a full lock.

I am a little worried about the stiffness of that hinge fading over time.  Right now, everything is holding up fine, but I had my Max in a sort of falling away backwards shooting pose, and I felt that leaving it like that for an extended period of time might wear out that hinge.  Hopefully the hinge will always be still enough, but I would like a full lock for some of the more extreme poses.

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Indeed they do......:good:

Thanks jvmacross.  :)

15 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

That looks good!

Thank you.

14 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Looking good, @sh9000

I was just prepping some super parts today myself. Here's fighter mode.

IMG_2154.JPG

Thank you ScrambledValkyrie.  Looking good in Fighter mode.

Purchased my 15th HMR Regult recently thanks to spanner!  B))

Both my spartans arrived today.

First thing I felt right out of the box is the weight of the toy. Oh the weight! That's so much more die-cast parts. I don't have a weighting scale, but comparing the spartan with my HMR Vf-1A, the spartan felt about 3 times heavier. 

Then there's the articulations. So much articulations everywhere, especially the arms. Even the mini turret (the one that looks like an IR sensor) can turn. 

Love the color and finishing. And the pop-out missiles gimmicks for the shoulder missiles bays.  

Enough for now. Back to playing the toy. Glad I got 3 of them. :)