Hi-Metal R

joppewo

34 minutes ago, monishb said:

Just curious how much does shipping cost to North America via mandrake?

I've only used it for a couple smaller items and always choose the cheaper method (SAL) HMR Dougrqam was under 1000 yen, a SPEC mecha was slightly over 1000 yen.

So, the Defender was announced mid-March (17th I believe) with a release date of August.

Hopefully we'll get another announcement the middle of this month for a September release.

What could it be: Tomahawk? Super Ostrich? Elintseeker? Phalanx? Or maybe a Queadluun-Rau Battle suit?

Just listened to Tochiro's SpeakerPODcast EP.81 and he mentioned a recent JPIA TV interview with Julian Oreska of Bandai Tamashii Nations. I've only just started watching the interview, but I think folks here will be quite interested in the Hi Metal R information shared: 

3 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Just listened to Tochiro's SpeakerPODcast EP.81 and he mentioned a recent JPIA TV interview with Julian Oreska of Bandai Tamashii Nations. I've only just started watching the interview, but I think folks here will be quite interested in the Hi Metal R information shared: 

Thanks! But damn, it's almost 3 hours! Cliffnotes?

1 hour ago, monishb said:

Just curious how much does shipping cost to North America via mandrake?

It varies on the size and weight. The quickest way to do this is browse the item at HobbySearch or HLJ since they have the weight listed once the item is released. List the weight and check Japan Post prices since Mandarake also use the same courier service and estimate it with the added padding and boxes.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! But damn, it's almost 3 hours! Cliffnotes?

Remaining Destroids (Tomahawk and Phalanx) are the priority. A few other DYRL items being worked on for this year, but no specifics yet.

44 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Remaining Destroids (Tomahawk and Phalanx) are the priority. A few other DYRL items being worked on for this year, but no specifics yet.

Good summary based on the way I heard. It's actually near the beginning of the video.

Based on this and the tease earlier this year, I think the next preorder will be Tomahawk. And I have hope that we may see a VT-1 later this year!

I'm an hour and 33 minutes into the interview at the moment: The HMR Macross Destroid comments were within the first 8 minutes. There was a brief discussion regarding the Monster at 1 hour 10 minutes. Still a interesting and informative interview. Sounds like Julian Oreska's got quite a cool job.

7 hours ago, maximusprime888 said:

Lol. Must've been u killing it on Mandarake.

Nah I've been buying HMR figures left and right from buyee but I'm taking a short break.  B))

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I've only used it for a couple smaller items and always choose the cheaper method (SAL) HMR Dougrqam was under 1000 yen, a SPEC mecha was slightly over 1000 yen.

Yep I always use SAL when I buy from Mandarake.

4 hours ago, RDX17 said:

So, the Defender was announced mid-March (17th I believe) with a release date of August.

Hopefully we'll get another announcement the middle of this month for a September release.

What could it be: Tomahawk? Super Ostrich? Elintseeker? Phalanx? Or maybe a Queadluun-Rau Battle suit?

Start with the Tomahawk and then release the rest every few months.

4 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Hell yeah!  Full set of Destroids!  Expand the SDFM and DYRL lines please.

13 hours ago, RDX17 said:

As usual, DYRL is the priority. I'd love it if they release more TV versions, but it doesn't seem likely. I'll just have to keep waiting for TV Kakizaki and Max VF-1As.

:cray:

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

As usual, DYRL is the priority. I'd love it if they release more TV versions, but it doesn't seem likely. I'll just have to keep waiting for TV Kakizaki and Max VF-1As.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Julian did say they were going to start celebrating the 35th anniversary of Macross in October, and that they had some exciting things planned for a full year. 

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

While I feel the same about TV vs DYRL, it seems to me that they are mainly just wanting to move ahead with releasing the things they originally teased a while back, which just happen to be mostly DYRL, like VT-1 and VE-1.

22 hours ago, RDX17 said:

The destroids are good to hear confirmed, but honestly I hope they don't spend too much more time on DYRL.  The only thing I still want from that is a VE-1 (which I would be *very* excited for, granted).  That said, maybe they should release some HMR VF-1As in the Hikaru/Kakizki/Max beginning of movie liveries for those who didn't get the original hi metals for them way back when.  I already have them and their super packs, but I imagine that some people were drawn in with the HMR Roy or Hikaru VF-1S and haven't since had an opportunity that wasn't super overpriced.

I'd like it if they started doing VFs from other shows.  Maybe take another crack at a VF-19 now that they're (hopefully) not dumb enough to make gun mounting in fighter mode an impossibility and landing gear being part of a display base that the plane just kinda flops onto.  I'd be interested to see them try a VF-25 or VF-171 too since, triangles on the latter notwithstanding, Bandai did a pretty good job of both in a larger scale I think.

Edited by RyuRoots

41 minutes ago, jenius said:

Isn't the DYRL 35th anniversary a couple years away?  We need TV love. 

This. I know everyone is different and has their own opinions but I still don't understand the love for DYRL over SDFM. Other than better animation I don't think there is anything I like better in it. Unfortunately because DYRL is apparently liked more, at least by toy companies, it often leaves SDFM toys as an afterthought.

9 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

This. I know everyone is different and has their own opinions but I still don't understand the love for DYRL over SDFM. Other than better animation I don't think there is anything I like better in it. Unfortunately because DYRL is apparently liked more, at least by toy companies, it often leaves SDFM toys as an afterthought.

I prefer the TV series more, overall, but there are somethings that DYRL does better.  Roy's death in SDFM is... stupid.  The DYRL death fits his character way more.

There are a couple other things I like more about DYRL, but I think the TV series has a much more cohesive story (for obvious reasons).

20 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

TV 35th...DYRL 35th....bring on the love! :wub:

Someone needs to send an invite to that HMR guy to MWCon 2017....we need to get him to reveal everything!  The HMR crew at Bandai are brilliant! :good: 

HM-R(espect)...

Tochiro mentioned trying to get him on for a future SpeakerPODcast, which I think would be a good start.

7 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I prefer the TV series more, overall, but there are somethings that DYRL does better.  Roy's death in SDFM is... stupid.  The DYRL death fits his character way more.

There are a couple other things I like more about DYRL, but I think the TV series has a much more cohesive story (for obvious reasons).

Oh come on now, how can you not love the pineapple salad death. :p For me though I think his death in SDFM still had more emotion. It happened in front of Claudia so you get that heart string pull with her emotional response. Death in battle is more expected. In SDFM he survived the battle and was supposedly safe only to end up dying due to his bravado to make it through anything and a desire to make it to dinner with the one he loved. So I would say his death in DYRL was more heroic and was more tragic in SDFM. But both were a reflection of his character so it just comes down to what is more your cup of tea.

18 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Tochiro mentioned trying to get him on for a future SpeakerPODcast, which I think would be a good start.

That would be great....

Also, I was at first surprised that a non-Japanese was in charge of the HM-R line, which is essentially a Macross line.  But the more I think of it, the more it makes sense.

Macross, initially by ways of "Robotech" is known by collectors all over the world.  It was wise for Bandai to have brought on to the HMR project someone who could appreciate the love of "Macross" beyond the confines of the Japanese market.  Based on the parts of the interview I listened too...it seems Bandai is completely aware of their "market" outside of Japan...wink, wink, nudge, nudge.....HG was foolish in being so greedy with the franchise, they could have been riding the Macross train at all of it's stops throughout the years since 1982....instead of getting stuck on SDFM station.  None of that matters now.....thank you web commerce and paypal!  Thank You Bandai!

Edited by jvmacross

Was finally able to get Milia 3 days after I was suppose to get her. 

She sure is red!

I think I like the red from the 1/48 more it is richer and feels like it matches the screen better.

This new red is bright.

4 hours ago, amptor said:

sh9000, any pics of tv version max transformed to fighter plane mode yet? or still not finished painting?

No I haven't finished it but I'll post pics as soon as I do.

3 of my Milias came in.  I'll try to open them when I get a chance.

5 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Was finally able to get Milia 3 days after I was suppose to get her. 

She sure is red!

I think I like the red from the 1/48 more it is richer and feels like it matches the screen better.

This new red is bright.

hmm.

Looks actually kinda rather drab and dull red in hand to me, but also kinda more translucenty red.  Still nice, tho.

It reacts to flash a bit reflectively, so I had to pp and use the nef instead below.

So anyway, after much griping and whining, decided to po HM-R Milia as my first (and prolly last) purchase from n-y when it was still open. And she arrived today.

Somehow, the stumps are alot more prominent on her than on any of my previous HM-R valks.

Poor Milia...

HM-R Milia is stumped by the stumps Bandai gave her...
AQ0I1j4l.jpg

:bump:

Edited by treatment