Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I have a question about the Monster since I just got space to diplay and open mine. There is a pivot joint near the back that allows you to angle the upper portion up and mine is completely unable to stay in the up position with the weight of the top of the figure. I don't think I will ever need to use it but just curious if others have the same issue and what the point of that joint is if it doesn't actually "work"?

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I have a question about the Monster since I just got space to diplay and open mine. There is a pivot joint near the back that allows you to angle the upper portion up and mine is completely unable to stay in the up position with the weight of the top of the figure. I don't think I will ever need to use it but just curious if others have the same issue and what the point of that joint is if it doesn't actually "work"?

Lift the upper portion up and then at the midsection underneath there is a metal bar that you turn that rests on one of the brackets of the lower portion.

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Lift the upper portion up and then at the midsection underneath there is a metal bar that you turn that rests on one of the brackets of the lower portion.

Thanks man!...I thought I recalled something like that but I was thinking it was just the brackets for the cannons (which hold fine without the supports).

4 hours ago, Tober said:

Thought so, thanks. :)

So it's just the SDF Nousjadeul-Ger, Queadluun-Rau and Regult variations that are missing?

Are you referring to just enemy mecha?  If so, then yes...amazing to think that we may actually get to see them released...and that we just technically need the N-Ger and Q-Rau to have at least one version of each of the enemy mechs.  The Regult missile parts seem likely to be released, but not sure if as parts or entire new Regults.  Not so sure about the Regult Scout, but still hopeful.

However, if we want Yamato-levels of VF-1 SDFM completeness....then we still would need the following (still a short and very doable list):

VF-1A Max

VF-1A Kakizaki

VF-1A Angelbirds

VF-1A Cavaliers

VF-1D

VF-1D Virgin Road

VF-1J Commander

VF-1S TV

VF-X

(and if you want to surpass Yamato's VF-1 count)

VF-1A Alaska Base

VEFR-1

VF-1J Macross the First

GBP-1J TV (Bandai has teased this one already)

VF-X4

Only the VF-1D, VF-1X, VEFR-1, VF-X4 and VF-1J MtF would require some new molds (but most of the heavy lifting has mostly been done)...everything else (as the HMR King has demonstrated) is merely a matter of a repaint to the existing molds.

My only concern at the moment is the lack of a prototype for the HMR VF-1D, which IMO, would be a major omission from Bandai if it were not released.  I am hoping maybe Bandai will tease it sometime this year, perhaps at their next Tamashii event.

SDFM's 35th Anniversary is turning out to be great for fan's of the original show.....a complete set of Destroids in more or less the same scale was a dream just a few years ago...now it looks like it is coming true.  Great time to be a Macross collector!

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm worried about the rate at which this figures are being announced and released. At this rate, the whole line will be released by 2030....

Although I do want the HMR line to eventually include VF's from the rest of the Macross franchise (as has been teased)....I actually would be satisfied if it stopped with SDFM/DYRL...and a FB2012 VF-4 to end it in style!

40 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Although I do want the HMR line to eventually include VF's from the rest of the Macross franchise (as has been teased)....I actually would be satisfied if it stopped with SDFM/DYRL...and a FB2012 VF-4 to end it in style!

I at least want a lil' babby YF-21, and if I'm really to aim for the stars in my wishes, an SV-51. 

50 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Are you referring to just enemy mecha?  If so, then yes...amazing to think that we may actually get to see them released...and that we just technically need the N-Ger and Q-Rau to have at least one version of each of the enemy mechs.  The Regult missile parts seem likely to be released, but not sure if as parts or entire new Regults.  Not so sure about the Regult Scout, but still hopeful.

However, if we want Yamato-levels of VF-1 SDFM completeness....then we still would need the following (still a short and very doable list):

VF-1A Max

VF-1A Kakizaki

VF-1A Angelbirds

VF-1A Cavaliers

VF-1D

VF-1D Virgin Road

VF-1J Commander

VF-1S TV

VF-X

(and if you want to surpass Yamato's VF-1 count)

VF-1A Alaska Base

VEFR-1

VF-1J Macross the First

GBP-1J TV (Bandai has teased this one already)

VF-X4

Only the VF-1D, VF-1X, VEFR-1, VF-X4 and VF-1J MtF would require some new molds (but most of the heavy lifting has mostly been done)...everything else (as the HMR King has demonstrated) is merely a matter of a repaint to the existing molds.

My only concern at the moment is the lack of a prototype for the HMR VF-1D, which IMO, would be a major omission from Bandai if it were not released.  I am hoping maybe Bandai will tease it sometime this year, perhaps at their next Tamashii event.

SDFM's 35th Anniversary is turning out to be great for fan's of the original show.....a complete set of Destroids in more or less the same scale was a dream just a few years ago...now it looks like it is coming true.  Great time to be a Macross collector!

Yamato also did DYRL and HMR is also so the list should be significantly larger because those releases will slow their progress to getting all the TV releases issued. 

VT1 (teased)

VE1 (teases)

N-ger 

Qrau (blue and red of course)

Regult (green)

3x VF-1A

VF1S Max

Is that it?