Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 1/13/2017 at 6:55 AM, Sandman said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If the spartan bombs, Bandai might not continue with the rest of the destroids.

It's been over two years and still just one Destroid! Hopefully Bandai releases them all!

On 1/14/2017 at 6:25 PM, aw237 said:

I'm not exactly sure. Obviously struggling to get it into position and put too much pressure on each side so that it cracked in the hump from behind the cockpit. I didn't think I was being rough at all. 

Lesson learned

Unfortunate it happened, but hopefully the fix wasn't too hard and doesn't look too bad.

20 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Just bought another Armored Valkyrie to customize the armor into Max armor and the VF-1J into a Target Battroid.  Woo hoo!

Ooooh. A white and a black stripe VF-1J. :rolleyes: All you need now is YF-19 and YF-21. ^_^ 

10 hours ago, barurutor said:

The Yamato GnU-Dou battroids are 1/115 scale... could be close enough in size.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

I have the GnuDou measurement written down as 12.7CM tall which is exactly 1/100. HMR is 14.3CM which is 1/89.

Ok. So you're guys saying that HM-R Valks are not exact 1/100 scale, right? I don't have an HM-R nor GnU-Duo so I don't know the actual size of it.

Macross Mecha Manual info on these Battroid modes are:

VF-1's - 12.68 meters (no info if the head laser are included)
YF-19 - 15.48 meters (not including the head laser)
YF-21 - Estimated height of 15.5 meters (I have a feeling it's more since this one is taller than YF-19)

I'm assuming the number Jenius gave for the GnU figure is for the VF-1's. If it is, and if that line is in-line with each other, then it's safe to assume that the YF-19 and YF-21 from that line is 1/100-ish.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So you're guys saying that HM-R Valks are not exact 1/100 scale, right? I don't have an HM-R nor GnU-Duo so I don't know the actual size of it.

YF-21 - Estimated height of 15.5 meters (I have a feeling it's more since this one is taller than YF-19)

I'm assuming the number Jenius gave for the GnU figure is for the VF-1's. If it is, and if that line is in-line with each other, then it's safe to assume that the YF-19 and YF-21 from that line is 1/100-ish.

Yeah the YF-19 and YF-21 from that line would be too small.  The HMR VF-1 isn't really 1/100 scale.

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Curious what you paid for it...Would like one but not for the $200+ I see it going for.

A little more than normal release price but less than $200.  That's way too much.

Here are some missile effects I was just working on.

large.IMG_2244.JPG.f1875ed3e4b5bde1e2c50

Edited by sh9000

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh yeah, I'm sorry, I was talking about the VF-1, 1/115 for the YF-19 and YF-21 may be right. Sorry for my confusion! 

I would love to see an HMR YF-21 and YF-19.. hopefully not soon though because I'm still feeding my SDF Macross need.

21 hours ago, ZorClone said:

if you missed out previously and prefer to shop there, brownies are showing "in stock" at HLJ http://hlj.com/product/BANN06245/Act

Glaug is also in stock http://hlj.com/product/BANN04090

But I'm not that excited on these two, I don't have extra money from this month's budget. It would be different if regults were the ones in stock...I'd be endlessly debating with myself for days whether to get one or not haha

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Look forward to seeing! Are the missiles made of glue too? 

I'll probably just finish the other shoulder for now.  I like that the effect part is now interchangeable.  The missiles are made from a cut up straw.

35 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

DUUUUDE! SWEEEEEET! DUUUUUDE! SWEEEET!

Classic movie.  :D