Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Cool. Looking forward to seeing how both turn out.

I'm still trying to take out my DYRL Roy pilot. He appears to be glued in pretty good, and I don't want to break anything.

Yeah I will have some time coming up to work on some Valks.

For the original HM VF-1S Roy, the pilot will end up either removed with the peg intact and glue left on the seat or with the peg broken off and glue left on the seat.

VF-1J Max available at HLJ.

http://hlj.com/product/BANN07904

Edited by sh9000

Yeah I will have some time coming up to work on some Valks.

For the original HM VF-1S Roy, the pilot will end up either removed with the peg intact and glue left on the seat or with the peg broken off and glue left on the seat.

VF-1J Max available at HLJ.

http://hlj.com/product/BANN07904

sh9000, what paint are you using on the HMRs?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this.  What are "Hi-Metal R"s?

The valkyries look very much like plastic with some metal struts and connectors but otherwise it's plastic.

The kit looks like it's also utilising a lot of swappable parts like hands, cockpit covers and wings with/without missile pod mount points.

Are they a design intended for poseable photography?

20 minutes ago, dero said:

I'm new to this.  What are "Hi-Metal R"s?

The valkyries look very much like plastic with some metal struts and connectors but otherwise it's plastic.

The kit looks like it's also utilising a lot of swappable parts like hands, cockpit covers and wings with/without missile pod mount points.

Are they a design intended for poseable photography?

This site should answer most of your questions:  http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8199

32 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yay for Spartan, can't believe they made it before the Tomahawk. It's gonna look lovely next to the Monster. Looking forward to the rest of the destroid crew as well!

I'm happy with their decision to release it first.  Got 1/60 Tomahawk & Defenders already, but will definitely get the HMR versions if they push through.

EDIT: The Robotech Gladiator is a thing, so it did exist in toy form.

Edited by barurutor

I don't know if this might help anyone, but I had some CDjapan points that were due to expire on January 1st, so I wasn't going to be able to use them for the Spartan release.

However, a couple of days ago, I tried to order a Wave Macross model, which the site said was available at the supplier.

Today, I got an e-mail stating that my order was cancelled as the item is unobtainable.

The good news is, the CDjapan points were returned, but have a new deadline of one year from now, meaning I can use my points for the Spartan after all!