Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Nice sh9000!

Your pic reminds me of my only real gripe with this toy, since Max just came in today - no regular missiles. I guess I should have known that, with all the box and tray pics floating around, but somehow I missed that. So I guess Hikaru's are a good substitute.

I'm much more OK with the colour choice than I thought I'd be and mine seems to be pretty solid so far.

Nice sh9000!

Your pic reminds me of my only real gripe with this toy, since Max just came in today - no regular missiles. I guess I should have known that, with all the box and tray pics floating around, but somehow I missed that. So I guess Hikaru's are a good substitute.

I'm much more OK with the colour choice than I thought I'd be and mine seems to be pretty solid so far.

Thanks.

Hopefully they'll actually give some way to get more of those later, maybe with a super/strike pack set. It's why I ordered a couple extra CFs that'll stay in battroid so I have the missiles freed up. I'm really just sick of Bandai's add-on shenanigans though. <_<

Yeah, but those missiles are the same off-white that the rest of the CF is cast in. So they're not quite right for the other valks either. It's indeed a head scratcher.

To be fair, the regular type missiles were only used without the super packs, as I recall. And I think they might even have been the special, fire suppression types.

Edited by mickyg

To be fair, the regular type missiles were only used without the super packs, as I recall. And I think they might even have been the special, fire suppression types.

In Max and Millia's case, I think you're right, the only time we saw their 1Js loaded with regular missiles was that particular episode. The colors don't look terribly off though, and it's not like real aircraft get color matched weapons. :lol:

Thing is though, Bandai clearly doesn't really care what was or wasn't seen in the series, because they packed in the typical DYRL style box launchers, despite them never being used in the series, let alone on any 1J. And personally, I'd swap those boxes for the standard missile racks in an instant. They look ok with super packs, but they're an eyesore on a normal fighter in atmosphere.

In Max and Millia's case, I think you're right, the only time we saw their 1Js loaded with regular missiles was that particular episode. The colors don't look terribly off though, and it's not like real aircraft get color matched weapons. :lol:

Thing is though, Bandai clearly doesn't really care what was or wasn't seen in the series, because they packed in the typical DYRL style box launchers, despite them never being used in the series, let alone on any 1J. And personally, I'd swap those boxes for the standard missile racks in an instant. They look ok with super packs, but they're an eyesore on a normal fighter in atmosphere.

Agreed, it just doesn't seem right to have an SDFM valk without the standard SDFM missles. I'm also not a fan of them using the DYRL gray instead of the SDFM white. If it wasn't for them giving us the SDFM Max pilot figure (in a bright white flight suit :/ ) I would consider this more of a DYRL valk than SDFM.

One thought just occurred to me..I haven't kept up with Macross: The First, could they be pulling certain design cues from there?

In any case, I'm sure in this era of 3D printed everything, it's relatively easy to fix any weapons shortcomings. What I really need are about half a dozen sets of super packs in TV markings. :)

The closest thing to a 100% HMR would be a TV GBP set....of course, Bandai would probably release it with yellow tipped missiles!

As long as Bandai keeps releasing the same SSP....it'll never be 100% SDFM no matter if they paint the valk correctly or mold the SP in TV colors/canon paint schemes...the Bandai HM/HMR SSP are DYRL type....

Still good enough for me.... :)

Got another CF VF-1A yesterday. Expecting 2 more CF VF-1A's, another Regult, and another VF-1J Hikaru. This VF-1J Hikaru will be converted into a VF-1A TV Kakizaki. I'm debating whether to convert my spare VF-1J Max into a VF-1A Cavaliers or a green VF-1J like the Joon's version.

gallery_21587_791_26866.jpg

I still keep my original HM VF-1J Max as my TV version and the HMR VF-1J Max as a quasi DYRL version.

I'll see what I can do.

My goal so far:

VF-1D CF

VF-1S CF

VF-1X Valkyrie Plus

VF-1A DYRL Max

VF-1A TV Max

VF-1A TV Kakizaki

VF-1A Cavaliers

So are you getting more VF-1A's for these projects or are your current brownies going to be used?

I look forward to the Cavaliers.