Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Nice pic of the trident. I've been thinking about picking up one of those, and debating between the dark blue and the clear.

It's the Tamashii Stage Act Trident, available from lots of places.

Thanks

looked so different in an actual color and not transparent.... which is why I didn't recall or make the connection to it. wow. I need one in that color now haha.

I put in my order for Milia from N-Y. It looks like everywhere else is sold out. I'm wondering if this is going to be Bandai's ending with a bang like they did with the 1/55ths. I hope not since they displayed the VE-1 and VT-1 for hi metal.

My DYRL Valkyries are grey and my SDFM Valkyries are white. Max and Milia will have their "what if they flew these in DYRL" Valkyries. I'll custom paint some pilots for them.

Edited by sh9000

I put in my order for Milia from N-Y. It looks like everywhere else is sold out. I'm wondering if this is going to be Bandai's ending with a bang like they did with the 1/55ths. I hope not since they displayed the VE-1 and VT-1 for hi metal.

The official deadline for the web exclusive Milia is 11-21-2016 23:00 JST, the stores that closed their preorder are the ones that already sold their multiple sets of 12. N-Y normally always pre order more for web exclusives.

No ,this is not Bandai ending anything, they will keep it going as long as the demand is still there.

I have a lot of experience with these stands. for something heavy like the Super valks (or ZZ Robot Damashiis, etc etc) you have to get the extension arm in JUST THE RIGHT position to balance all the weight, otherwise it will collapse. Also, those extension tubes stress REALLY easy where they connect to the pegs and crack. When that happens they get loose on the peg and are completely useless. I had a RD Sinanju take a shelf-dive because of that.

Huh! The head on my Hik's VF-1J most definitely not sit flush with the nose. Turns out that either the neck was backwords or I'd managed to reverse it wen messing with things and trying to transform it. Now it sits quite flush instead of the entire head sticking out. Nice.

Can you post a pic of the neck? My 1j and max don't sit flush to the nose cone/fuselage, but my 1a and HM 1j are flush. Not sure what is backwards, as the necks look the same?

Can you post a pic of the neck? My 1j and max don't sit flush to the nose cone/fuselage, but my 1a and HM 1j are flush. Not sure what is backwards, as the necks look the same?

The tapering side of the neck joint should be facing the same direction as the face. The whole part is somewhat offcenter from the peg that connects it to the hinge, so when the head sits on it properly and you have it rotated forward for fighter mode the head nestles in between the forks of the leg bar and the whole thing can tilt inward to get the visor flush. I think my efforts to roll the head around to get it through the gap during transformation ended up rotating the whole neck assembly to sit backwards, that or it was put on backwards. Not sure which, honestly. If that doesn't help I'll grab a picture or two.

Randomness....Playing around with my 1/100. For the longest time I could not stand this line.The first one, I got years ago from the original releases, felt like it was a $20 toy. Not that there are much differences between the two lines, ( aside from he thicker upper arms and metal swivel things for the shoulders)...

But, really got to appreciate the fact you can just fiddle around with them anytime anywhere, (Forget about Yamarcadias,Dx Bandai etc I never touch those, just display fodder...). Not to mention the amount of space you could save, especially for those of us collecting other bots aside from Macross. (Although not planning on replacing my extensive VFs collection for 1/100 anytime soon....)

My only gripe(s),same as with the first line: the material used feel cheap for what they charge, too delicate, many tiny plastic hinges everywhere, some stress marks right out of the box, metal content is a joke, and fiddly transformation...). $50 a pop would be more reasonable,but I guess Mr Tenjin has to eat, same goes with the licensing etc. Not even gonna delve into the obligatory 'on purpose' price hikes if you don't get the darn things the second they come out...(but nothing new here, it's Macross after all..we should be used to it by now..right?)..Rambling. :-p

post-27197-0-29156700-1479822359_thumb.jpg