Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I hope they aren't going to make the B&R. Those VF-1 was the sad Macross series nod to the previous generations M&M types. They're giving us the M&Ms. If you got M&Ms there's little need for the B&R unless you collect them all. They would be the peg warmers of the line.

nobody else found their pilots missing?

No, but interestingly enough the pilot in my TV VF-1J wasn't glued down at all. As there's not even the slightest bit of glue residue, it's clear that Bandai didn't glue the pilot onto its seat. Personally, I like having removable TV pilots since they're absurdly out of scale with the rest of the toy. But, as your experience highlights, Bandai needs to reconcile their QC in order to account for removable pilots.

I've been told the VF-2SS will most likely be released in 2017 and will included the SAP.

Huzzah!

I hope they aren't going to make the B&R. Those VF-1 was the sad Macross series nod to the previous generations M&M types. They're giving us the M&Ms. If you got M&Ms there's little need for the B&R unless you collect them all. They would be the peg warmers of the line.

...and what sort of nod were these B&R M&Ms?

gallery_12176_608_21321.jpg

:rolleyes:

It's a bitch to do properly and not have a bunch of excessive bits hanging from it. The recent 1/60 2SS's had a horrible, messy undercarriage when it's supposed to be perfectly flat. We all want to see if Bandai pulled it off.

What's special about is we'll see if it's a parts former or Perfect transformation. The Last time somebody tried a VF-2ss Toy the undercarriage was full of fail.

Yes, It will be interesting to see how the same challenge tackled by 2 different companies.

The shoulder transformation of HMR VF-1 is one thing different from Yamato VF-1.

Looks good, but not good enought
the legs connectors are awful by the other side looks better proportionate specifically of the legs and seems bandai make the opposite of evolution toys with the arm connector changing in to the leg
I omit the unsightly holes in the arm if improvement the lock system in fighter mode
it would be interesting if bandai will make it in DX because with this tiny size I still prefer the evolution option
I want to think the hi metal will be a more playable and toy and an alternative for the people dont liked the evolution figure

VF2SS' elbow articulation got me worried. There's a screw in there with only small amount of plastic (or metal ?) around it.

Basically, the only new figure announced so far is the VF-2SS, the destroid were shown in the previous events and the rest are repaints....

Actually the VF-2SS is also shown, teased to be exact from the previous Tamashii events in Fighter mode. This is the first time they showed it in Battroid mode. So basically, there's no 'new' figure for Macross.

Actually the VF-2SS is also shown, teased to be exact from the previous Tamashii events in Fighter mode. This is the first time they showed it in Battroid mode. So basically, there's no 'new' figure for Macross.

Are any other announcements planned for the next show days? Or that's it?

Edited by Mamblo

That's what seems crazy to me. They're probably going to reissue the DYRL vf1a toys and maybe do the TV 1A toys so there is no way they're doing that blue-red GBP scheme. Those Delta schemes are an easy tie in so they have a good likelihood I'd guess, though low on my list. I'm concerned no Phalanx was shown considering it plays a primary role in the scene they referenced.

They should include Phalanx parts with other releases.

That's what seems crazy to me. They're probably going to reissue the DYRL vf1a toys and maybe do the TV 1A toys so there is no way they're doing that blue-red GBP scheme. Those Delta schemes are an easy tie in so they have a good likelihood I'd guess, though low on my list. I'm concerned no Phalanx was shown considering it plays a primary role in the scene they referenced.

They should include Phalanx parts with other releases.

Like marvel build a figure?

Wow....what kind of monster rats do you have in your neck of the woods? :o

hehe! funny thing is when (mum) first moved to the rural property we have now, we had rats living in the stables and they were 10 to 12 inches long! of course we had to get rid of them as every now and then the odd one would come down to the house for a quick visit.. That was not appreciated I tell you now.

And regarding the VF-2SS HM-R version, if its better than the ET version then I might just pick one up! I really do hope its better..